Do you think DNA testing will impact clan identity in the future

As the testing of Somali clans continues over the years what type of impact do you think it will have on existing tribal structures/identities let’s say two random clans from opposite sides of somaliweyn end up matching what type of effect could that have on existing clan identities

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
As the testing of Somali clans continues over the years what type of impact do you think it will have on existing tribal structures/identities let’s say two random clans from opposite sides of somaliweyn end up matching what type of effect could that have on existing clan identities
Nothing.

Our genetics are already very similar. Being more similar to another clan by blood doesn't change anything on the ground in Somaliweyn though.

Somalis base themselves on Lineage not Haplogroups 😂

Imagine a group of old Awoowe in a local coffee arguing over haplogroups

Nothing.

Our genetics are already very similar. Being more similar to another clan by blood doesn't change anything on the ground in Somaliweyn though.

Somalis base themselves on Lineage not Haplogroups 😂

Imagine a group of old Awoowe in a local coffee arguing over haplogroups
Yeah I know Somalis are very similar and I don’t think people back home will understand the haplogroup thing tbh it will mainly stay amongst the qurbajogs but in a few decades as education increases you never know

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Most Somali clans claim that their ancestors came from Yemen and somehow they multiplied and became Somalis
It seems artificial from the beginning
All the tribes in the world, the Arabs, the Turks and the Mongols, claim to have a common ancestor, but it appears that they are merely alliances. The same thing is true in the Horn of Africa. The tribes there are gatherings of people united to defend each other.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
None current lineages in stone imo. maybe was easier to shift lineage in past due to isolation and losing contact with main branches.

But I do hope clan system dies and we have meritocratic society in future

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Nah wont change anything. I mean most already know that anything past a certain point in their lineage is somewhat made up

When discussing clans, it's important to remember that our modern world has evolved beyond traditional notions of kinship-based groups. While it's natural to seek a sense of belonging, let's also embrace the diversity that exists today.

Trending