Do you shave your beard?

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I trim it down to 7-11mm on my clipper setting. Shave clean every once in a while to switch it up. My coverage is decent, but my cheek area grows slower and is lenses dense so it looks much better trimmed.

Dont. It’s haram.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sunnah, not haram

Last edited:

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I trim it down to 7-11mm on my clipper setting. Shave clean every once in a while to switch it up

Sunnah, not haram
One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.” According to another report: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.”

Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Imaam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir).

I’d say disliked.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.” According to another report: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.”

Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Imaam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir).

I’d say disliked.

I just Googled it as I typed it out and you're right. Apparently not haram according to the Shafi'is, but makruux

I usually have it trimmed low, or would shave and keep a gottee during the summers. I always let it grow thick during the winters.

I can't be clean shaven I look 10-12 years younger clean shaven and I'm almost 30 :mjcry:

Trending