Do you or your dad smoke cigarettes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
how much of your income does it take from you ?

Can you stop it ?

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Nope. My uncle is a serious smoker though.

I'm the only male member in my family that doesn't smoke. I don't know, but not that much since they're not heavy smokers. Which blows my mind because my dad has been smoking since he was 12-13.

It's like 10 quid something a pack, and I know my dad goes through one every 3 days orso.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I'm the only male member in my family that doesn't smoke. I don't know, but not that much since they're not heavy smokers. Which blows my mind because my dad has been smoking since he was 12-13.

It's like 10 quid something a pack, and I know my dad goes through one every 3 days orso.

Good grief! That means your family loses $12k a year to cigarettes:susp::damedamn:

Have you ever tried to get your dad or other family members to quit the cancer sticks? If so what was their reply?

You could try them to atleast cut down, for example instead of 1 pack per 3 days limit them to 1 pack a week.

They have the means to quit, but will power has to come from them. They know it's bad, but it's their money and they're grown people - not much other ppl can do for them.

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
I haven't smoked for 2 weeks now, the first days were horrible, i would sweat for no reason, but its all good now alx

Tbh i don't thin the whole smoking kills thing applies to somalis and arabs in general. Since i know a lot of old guys in their 90's who smoked since they were 16 and cancer didn't get them. That doesn't mean they are immune to it but it most likely effects cadaan more than it does us.

Status
Not open for further replies.