Do you love Allah? (by a Kafir)

I was thinking today of what my goal was in my life and it boiled down to pain and pleasure. I then thought of what other goal is there that is different to pain and pleasure. Then a thought hit me.

Mind you am not Muslim, although I believe am religious in a sense. I thought of Islam and Muslims. Some religious Muslims also live their life with pain and pleasure in mind. They pray, give out zakat, fast so as they go to Jannah and avoid hell. Of course, they go to Jannah on Allah’s mercy haha. But then there are some people that exist out there that do all that out of LOVE of Allah. I believe love and pleasure is different even though they are related at times. The key point is that you can love someone or something without expecting any reward or anything basically.

So I have two questions: Does love also boil down to pleasure? And if you are a true muslim, Do you do Ibaadah for pain and pleasure or for the love of Allah?

Yes, every Muslim loves Allaah swt. The believer is like a bird, the head of the bird is love for Allaah, and the two wings are hope and fear. Hope for the reward of Allaah and fear of his punishemt. And the two wings must be balanced in order to fly.

I was thinking today of what my goal was in my life and it boiled down to pain and pleasure. I then thought of what other goal is there that is different to pain and pleasure. Then a thought hit me.

Mind you am not Muslim, although I believe am religious in a sense. I thought of Islam and Muslims. Some religious Muslims also live their life with pain and pleasure in mind. They pray, give out zakat, fast so as they go to Jannah and avoid hell. Of course, they go to Jannah on Allah’s mercy haha. But then there are some people that exist out there that do all that out of LOVE of Allah. I believe love and pleasure is different even though they are related at times. The key point is that you can love someone or something without expecting any reward or anything basically.

So I have two questions: Does love also boil down to pleasure? And if you are a true muslim, Do you do Ibaadah for pain and pleasure or for the love of Allah?
Why wouldnt a beleiver not Love Allah?

Allah is the one that makes you sad and happy.He is the one that bestows sustainance he is the one that gives contentment and wealth.Gives you health and security and is the one that forgives you when you sin against him.

He is the provider of mental health and the one that provided you with intellect and the one who we hope will forgive us and grant us haeven in the hearafter.

You need to know Allah's beautiful attributes so that you can appreciate him more.

If you are in difficult times you will seek his favours as he is the one that removes calamity and bring serenity and bliss.
When you are in your good times you seek his forgiveness and ask him to make you steadfast in beleiving in him and also seek more of his blessing as Allah never gets tired or broke from blessing you and incrrasing your sustainance.
So we should love Allah more and ask Allah to instill his love for him as this is being appreciative of the millions of favours he has bistowed us.

Pain and pleasure strictly comes from Allah and no one else. I make dua that Allah loves me and for me to love him more.

Religious with no faith? Are you culturally Muslim?

Agnostic believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of god. One can be a cultural Muslim (celebrates Eid, fast, .. etc. ) and be agnostic at the same time.
you cannot celebrate eid or fast if you don't have faith in Allah, is futile if anyone disbelieves and does what you stated. Unless he individual wants to revert back to Islam.

you cannot celebrate eid or fast if you don't have faith in Allah, is futile if anyone disbelieves and does what you stated. Unless he individual wants to revert back to Islam.
I know it is pointless but still people do it because they like it, a person praying next to you in Eid may not have faith but still likes the general ambience of Eid and Ramadan traditions and practices because it reminds them of childhood.

I know it is pointless but still people do it because they like it, a person praying next to you in Eid may not have faith but still likes the general ambience of Eid and Ramadan traditions and practices because it reminds them of childhood.
May Allah help them.get back to the deen, I personally wouldn't discourage someone from doing it because they may be guided by it, but if they think this will help them in qiyamah without faith they are violently wrong.

Trending