Do you guys tip when you run into Geeljire waiters in places like Malaysia or Turkey as a tourist?

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I visited an Arabian restaurant/cafe/shisha spot at Kuala Lumpur where the waiters and cook were geeljires

I was served nicely by a Geeljire. Told me that he is registered with the UN. Hoping to enter a Western country.

45E38393-87AD-401D-BBCD-F7BA92EA6CC8.jpeg

As I was leaving I discreetly handed him some money like I was shaking his hand.

I walked away but kid run after me and said “you gave me money walaal” and I replied “I will be coming down the next night or so “. I intend to tip him each time.

@AussieHustler is known to have dwelled here and has never given a tip to his fellow countrymen.

Disclaimer: this is not a bragging right or even showing off.

Have you done something for a Geeljire while vacationing in places like these?

Last edited:
I noticed there is no tippin culture in Asia and the Middle East. When I was in China for while, no one tips. The same in Dubai.

You brought your American ways to Malaysia, probably feels second nature for you to tip.

Also: tf are you eating? Looks weird

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I noticed there is no tippin culture in Asia and the Middle East. When I was in China for while, no one tips. The same in Dubai.

You brought your American ways to Malaysia, probably feels second nature for you to tip.

Also: tf are you eating? Looks weird

I wouldn’t have tipped if he wasn’t a Geeljire

I was eating shrimp Suugo. That strawberry banana was so organic and nice I ordered a second one.

I visited an Arabian restaurant/cafe/shisha spot at Kuala Lumpur where the waiters and cook were geeljires

I was served nicely by a Geeljire. Told me that he is registered with the UN. Hoping to enter a Western country.

View attachment 80980

As I was leaving I discreetly handed him some money like I was shaking his hand.

I walked away but kid run after me and said “you gave me money walaal” and I replied “I will be coming down the next night or so “. I intend to tip him each time.

@AussieHustler is known to have dwelled here and has never given a tip to his fellow countrymen.

Yeah I tip Somali waiters. Just Somali waiters.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP

View attachment 80980

No Tipping culture, when you go further east, like Japan and SK, they treat it as rude and as a insult
Same applies to Malaysia
Also, @Grigori Rasputin what part of KL was this, in poorer parts, its tolerated, but central KL is a no no

When you see Somalis in places like Turkey, I assume they are from the West and thus do not tip
Malaysian, I assume that he is a student or refugee, if he is indeed a refugee, then they usually assemble into Malay culture and they work hard there!

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
No Tipping culture, when you go further east, like Japan and SK, they treat it as rude and as a insult
Same applies to Malaysia
Also, @Grigori Rasputin what part of KL was this, in poorer parts, its tolerated, but central KL is a no no

When you see Somalis in places like Turkey, I assume they are from the West and thus do not tip
Malaysian, I assume that he is a student or refugee, if he is indeed a refugee, then they usually assemble into Malay culture and they work hard there!

It’s near PUDU

Next to the ocean

One of the best I’ve ever been to. I’m talking abt the food as well as the ambience

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
It’s near PUDU

Next to the ocean

One of the best I’ve ever been to. I’m talking abt the food as well as the ambience
Beautiful place
I wondered why you met FOBs there, since they are known outside KL not near Pudu and Bricksfields!

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Beautiful place
I wondered why you met FOBs there, since they are known outside KL not near Pudu and Bricksfields!

The spot I was at was called the Orchid restaurant

Have you been there.

Take a look at their location. I mean fobs were outside of their inhabitation? I presume

When I was in Kenya as a kid, I was given pocket money alot from my mom who's a very miskeen woman but she and many others told me to not give it to street beggars. Im not sure what the stigma is with Somali people and being generous is but I guess growing up in a western country that was just installed in me to just give if someone asks, and Ive felt alot of blessings from allah swt in return for not listening.

Lesson? Dont ever hesitate to be generous, Allah swt will reward you 3x more

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
The spot I was at was called the Orchid restaurant

Have you been there.

Take a look at their location. I mean fobs were outside of their inhabitation? I presume
Nope, I went to a one near it called D'saji. A very good buffet and lunch, owner is very good and kind
Also FOBs was way out of his jurisdiction, coming to TTT, which is not their natural habitat
The area is very beautiful. with its fields and its beautiful lake
Somalis can be mainly found in Jalan Nilam 3 not TTT
He must be working there or something!

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Nope, I went to a one near it called D'saji. A very good buffet and lunch, owner is very good and kind
Also FOBs was way out of his jurisdiction, coming to TTT, which is not their natural habitat
The area is very beautiful. with its fields and its beautiful lake
Somalis can be mainly found in Jalan Nilam 3 not TTT
He must be working there or something!

I stated the fact that he was working there :draketf:

There were like 3 of them. 1 was a waiter and 2 were in the kitchen

It hurt seeing him whistled to by the Arab bastard, the owner

To digress a little
For some weird reason this Geeljire waiter said to me that when I came in he thought I was an Arab and that he was close to speaking to me in English but that I greeted him in Somali. He first asked me “halkeed ka timid” and I said “Mogadishu” and he was like “Waar ciyaarta naga daa”.

Earlier on the day this Indonesian masseuse lady (I got for $7) asked me “you are from Arabia” and I’m like “no! Africa” and she was like “South Africa” and I was like “no” and she said “you look Arab” and I said “Africans ...different color” and she picked up my arm and said “you my color...nooo you no African” :wowsweat::wowsweat: don’t know if this is a compliment

Btw today I’m going to check out this blind masseuse

I’m here for the food and masseuse

Others are here to go a tall building :draketf::camby:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
When I was in Kenya as a kid, I was given pocket money alot from my mom who's a very miskeen woman but she and many others told me to not give it to street beggars. Im not sure what the stigma is with Somali people and being generous is but I guess growing up in a western country that was just installed in me to just give if someone asks, and Ive felt alot of blessings from allah swt in return for not listening.

Adeer! Believe me that I do generous things randomly. I do it to set off my dambi. Ilaahay can see I have a good heart but I’m complex person. May Allah guide us to the righteous path.

My true wish in life would be to hit off rich. Just to have like $2 mill. I’d have a micro business for single mothers and the less fortunate. I’d say “pay me back” but there would be a twist to it. Once they pay me back I’d quadruple what they give me back. The main purpose would be to have them regain their dignity. To proceed.

I’d also import Tug Tugs (rickshaws or whatever they’re called) and employ the most 50 deserving young men.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I'm currently in Nairobi and these Kenyans expect me to tip!! Like damn I haven't even finished my meal. They ask for a tip in the middle of eating your meal.

Was it beggars in Eastleigh? Because same my whole family was so against me giving money to street beggars that my aunt would literally shout at me and even tried to reduce my pocket money. Most ppl believe those beggars are actors as if poor ppl don't exist in Eastleigh

Was it beggars in Eastleigh? Because same my whole family was so against me giving money to street beggars that my aunt would literally shout at me and even tried to reduce my pocket money. Most ppl believe those beggars are actors as if poor ppl don't exist in Eastleigh

yup, its sad subahanallah id see people without legs how is that acting?

yup, its sad subahanallah id see people without legs how is that acting?

My aunt would always lie saying she saw beggar a few days before, looking clean or with their parents (if they were kids) or walking normally (if they were disabled) and all these stuff which was obviously bollocks. I feel like somali people are overall generous just except Eastleigh

Trending