Do you guys have white friends

Its not common for somalis to have white friends and if they do they're your typical stoner and loser

and some are just being used and want to fit in with them

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I have friends of all races I don’t see a problem with that. By your logic befriending a non Somali makes you a loser. I mean Reer 68 wasn’t a joke it seems :sass2:

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
1604985895712.png

Its not common for somalis to have white friends and if they do they're your typical stoner and loser

and some are just being used and want to fit in with them
Well this might trigger some of you but I mostly have white friends and I have 2 half Somali friends/Cousins.. because I grew in a really small suburban area where like only white upper middle class families live and so my my options were really limited. But honestly I’m glad because when I go to visit Somali relatives they mostly live around a lot of Somalis and they live in „Bad“ areas. The sad part is tho that I don’t understand Somalis and I always feel out of place around Somalis.. I get along and always have a good time with them but it’s just weird how different of a world view we have

Well this might trigger some of you but I mostly have white friends and I have 2 half Somali friends/Cousins.. because I grew in a really small suburban area where like only white upper middle class families live and so my my options were really limited. But honestly I’m glad because when I go to visit Somali relatives they mostly live around a lot of Somalis and they live in „Bad“ areas. The sad part is tho that I don’t understand Somalis and I always feel out of place around Somalis.. I get along and always have a good time with them but it’s just weird how different of a world view we have
Do you want to be in the Somali community? (through friends, marriage, etc)

Do you want to be in the Somali community? (through friends, marriage, etc)
Honestly I would love to live around Somalis because something about having your own people around make me happy, but at the same time I know how toxic it can be around Somalis. But I feel like my generation is going to be different so in sha Allah one day when I have a family I think I’ll live around Somalis. Being half Somali is really not that easy when your Muslim

Honestly I would love to live around Somalis because something about having your own people around make me happy, but at the same time I know how toxic it can be around Somalis. But I feel like my generation is going to be different so in sha Allah one day when I have a family I think I’ll live around Somalis. Being half Somali is really not that easy when your Muslim
Masha'Allah. I had no idea you were mixed.

This video might be of interest to you.

I’ve seen this. I literally just had tears in my eyes after hearing Hodans voice. May she Rest In Peace
Ameen. The best we can do is make dua'a for her. But somehow your story reminded me of this video. Not sure what your other half is, but nonetheless it may be beneficial. He's married to a Somali woman and has 5 kids masha'Allah. So, there is still hope if you ever want to reconnect to your Somali roots.

I’ve seen this. I literally just had tears in my eyes after hearing Hodans voice. May she Rest In Peace
I remember when I was doing a deep dive in my Somali heritage and I found this little Chanel called Integration Tv and that was before hodan even wore the hijab. Yeah I’m half Somali on my mum’s side and half Mexican on my dads

Ameen. The best we can do is make dua'a for her. But somehow your story reminded me of this video. Not sure what your other half is, but nonetheless it may be beneficial. He's married to a Somali woman and has 5 kids masha'Allah. So, there is still hope if you ever want to reconnect to your Somali roots.
If I’m being honest I don’t know what nationality my future wife is going to be. I don’t want to limit myself because if my parents had done that me and my siblings wouldn’t be here today

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
The funny and sad part is when my white friends tells me that they gave those Somalis stuff they wanted to borrow and that they’re coming to join our games.

I always reacted like this:bell: and felt sorry for them because what actually happens is that whatever Somalis borrow from you will never be seen again and they never show up to your appointment most of the time.

Moral of the story to the white folks, never let one borrow your stuff and don’t keep your hopes up if you expect one to show up on time.

Last edited:
The funny and sad part is when my white friends tells me that they gave those Somalis stuff they wanted to borrow and that they’re coming to join our games.

I always reacted like this:bell: and felt sorry for them because what actually happens is that whatever Somalis borrow from you will never be seen again and they’ll never show up to your appointment on time.

Moral of the story, never let one borrow your stuff and don’t keep your hopes up if you expect one to come on time.
That has nothing to do with being Somali! That’s called stealing and Somalis are no thieves! If your parents didn’t teach you to treat the properties of someone else with upmost of respect, that’s on them.
Ihate when people treat us as if we are monolithic..

Trending

Latest posts