do you feel that both men and women should know how to cook.. by a certain age?

It's always interesting when observing cultural things/norms. FOR example, i am an oromo/ethiopian, raised in america, but i was fortunate to see the traditional culture of back home-and part of that is, the women are taught to cook/clean at a very young age. it's a life skill they are expected to have mastered, so almost ALL my women family folk can cook-and i mean COOK, some delicious ethiopian dishes.
when i was like, 16, or 17, i went to live with a cousin for a little while in atlanta, georgia, and man... they would not let me even try to cook, they would cook everything and i would only warm stuff up, wash dishes, etc.
but i feel like, this is not the norm among modern sistas here in the states, what say you guys?

Apollo

VIP
I have been getting my diners delivered to me nearly everyday for the past few weeks.

K7v9OeB.jpg

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
It's always interesting when observing cultural things/norms. FOR example, i am an oromo/ethiopian, raised in america, but i was fortunate to see the traditional culture of back home-and part of that is, the women are taught to cook/clean at a very young age. it's a life skill they are expected to have mastered, so almost ALL my women family folk can cook-and i mean COOK, some delicious ethiopian dishes.
when i was like, 16, or 17, i went to live with a cousin for a little while in atlanta, georgia, and man... they would not let me even try to cook, they would cook everything and i would only warm stuff up, wash dishes, etc.
but i feel like, this is not the norm among modern sistas here in the states, what say you guys?
I know for sure that woman and men should learn how to cook by the age of 11-12 bc it will benefit them in the long term, and especially FARAH'S should learn how to cook, they keep saingy cooking is for woman, the prophet (scw) did it too and you especially gonna need it if you want to live healthily and are single iskabulo, bc the Farah's that say that are probably single

I think women should all know how to run a kitchen and cook. For men, we should know our way around a grill. Barbecue is done by men and the rest done by women imo.

Depends. Some women do not work while the men do I think it is reasonable that the woman cooks while the husband brings in the money. But cooking is not inherently for the women the Prophet ﷺ would help around the house and Umar AS cooked for a woman going through labour so it is not feminine.

Being an autistic dependent ain't it. How can you live by yourself if you can't prepare your own meals lol. Possessing the competency is an essential skill lakiin having a queen that willfully loves to cook for you is the dream.

Being an autistic dependent ain't it. How can you live by yourself if you can't prepare your own meals lol. Possessing the competency is an essential skill lakiin having a queen that willfully loves to cook for you is the dream.
I can hop off to Somalia to make that dream reality :hemad:

This is why starting gym at 16 is the way, I was forced to learn to cook if I wanted to make gains.
It's easier to learn if you simplify your diet, start by making dishes with few ingredients.
Then trial and error and YouTube. Shits easy

Girls should learn how to cook/clean at a early age, and boys need to learn how to protect/get their shit together at an early age. Wether it's financially or physically. But boys should know how to cook a few basics and clean stuff incase

Trending

Latest posts