Do you believe in Somalinimo?

Do you believe in uniting Somalis?

• No. My clan/region are my only ties

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Yes. I believe all Somalis are brethren.

Votes: 46 83.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe in Somalinimo, but I'm also a realist and know that Somalinimo never existed, atleast in Somalia, perhaps in the diaspora there are shades of Somalinimo displayed here and there.

Perhaps you should have rephrased your question to "Did Somalinimo ever existed ?"

Somalinimo and qabiilist are oxymoron and contradictory and every Somali will put his/her qabiil ahead of Somalinimo. If you take a peek about the nation as a concept and practice, it evolved from different clans forming a nation and vowing their loyalty towards the state. We are still in the clans stage. One day, we might transcend from the nomadic culture of tribalism and become enlightened to voluntarily form a nation. Till then, we are still clan agents.

I’m a Gobolist.

The road to Somalinimo starts from Gobolnimo.

The Gobol to change its mindset will be the Gobol that shifts Somalinimo.

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
If there was Somalinimo madhibaan wouldn't be looked down upon
During kacaan they were respected the highest ranking military general after Siad Barre was madhiban/gabooyo; he was also the Vice President and the defense minister. General maxamed Cali samatar:salute:
The only time they were treated equal was the kacaan era, I think.

Tbh I just care about my own people more than anything else because charity starts at home so I voted no:siilaanyolaugh:

When I hear people in my own clan or mothers clan are being oppressed:kendrickcry::kendrickcry::kendrickcry:
Other Daroods being oppressed :kendrickcry::kendrickcry:

Other Somalis being oppressed:kendrickcry:

Bantus and other non-ethnic "somalis" being oppressed :mjlaugh:

Merca

Inactive.
Tbh I just care about my own people more than anything else because charity starts at home so I voted no:siilaanyolaugh:

When I hear people in my own clan or mothers clan are being oppressed:kendrickcry::kendrickcry::kendrickcry:
Other Daroods being oppressed :kendrickcry::kendrickcry:

Other Somalis being oppressed:kendrickcry:

Bantus and other non-ethnic "somalis" being oppressed :mjlaugh:
What's the last one supposed to be? :mindblown:

Last edited:
I was raised to love all Somalis irrespective of clan. Then to also love them as Muslims. My kids aren't the same clan or region as me so I definitely can't be qabiilist or regionalist if I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.