Do we somalis own the Kenyan economy??!!!

Everybody owns the kenyan economy, the somalis, the chinese, the cadaan, the indian. Everybody except the kenyans themselves
126E29E4-BD72-4E7E-AE92-89C01AFBD91B.png

A section of the Somali demographic might display above-average productivity, undoubtedly. Many people live in median national conditions, a mixed population overall. I would like to see the numbers on this; much "trust me bro" anecdotal funny stuff passed around here.

I remember reading a paper on Somalis being considered "Ambiguous citizens" in Kenya. Nice if someone could give commentary on it because I'm not sure if the article provides a real picture and what it really means for the average Somali down there in terms of effect.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I have been curious about this since a lot of Somalis say that we own the Kenyan economy.

What is your statement on this topic?

If ALL Somalis move away from Kenya today, Kenya will become Tanzania.

Ummmm, why aren’t Kenyans called coons for building a wall ? Acquiring our land as a reward for aiding and abiding the Asgardians is okey dokey cherokee, huh ? Obama, the “pro-black “ had nothing to say, but TONS about Mexicans, though.

There are many Somalis doing well in business in Kenya but IMHO this narrative of Somalis controlling the Kenyan economy is an exaggeration. Many people have this false belief because when they visit Kenya the only place they go to is Eastleigh, which is obviously a somali dominated business hub. The Kenyan economy is not just Eastleigh.

Even though there are many wealthy Somalis doing well in business in Kenya, it doesn't apply to the whole somali population of close to 3 million in Kenya. Infact the rural Somali populations of NFD have the same or even worse living standards compared to some other regions in Kenya.

Majority of Somali businesses in Kenya are mainly import and retail. Think things like clothing, household durables,electronics etc. This is just a part of, not the whole of the Kenyan economy. There are many other sectors of the Kenyan economy like Manufacturing (dominated by pajeets) , Agriculture, Banking, Insurance, Tourism,Mining, Energy etc.

Somalis in Kenya definitely have a stake in the Kenyan economy but its a bit of a stretch simply saying that they OWN the Kenyan economy. Don't believe me? Just google The richest Kenyans, you will only see pajeets and Kikuyus.

Last edited:
I have been curious about this since a lot of Somalis say that we own the Kenyan economy.

What is your statement on this topic?
No Somalis dont own the Kenyan economy.

The hierarchy is as follows
British Aristocrats
White investors
Indians
Kikuyus
Kalenjin
Then Somalis

The difference between somalis and the rest is somalis show of their wealth like Afircan American celebrities

You cant claim them to be owning the US economy just because you see Micheal Jordan,Kobe,Mayweather,Oprah etc.

Trending

Latest posts