Do Somalis have neanderthal DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Some do some don't, In the case of the somalis that do, its very minimal under 0.5%, one of my friends has 0.2%

Some do some don't, In the case of the somalis that do, its very minimal under 0.5%, one of my friends has 0.2%
Ohhhh. I thought we would all have the same amount, and I thought it would be a little bit higher.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Ohhhh. I thought we would all have the same amount, and I thought it would be a little bit higher.
The average for white people and middle east is about 2% - 3% neanderthal dna. Most horners have it but its below 1 percent.Bantus and other subsaharan blacks have 0%. Its just an indication of the tiny non african traces in our DNA, its most likely comes from ancient admixture

Last edited:

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
I don't think so, neanderthal fossils haven't been found in Africa but Asia and Europe. Only Asians and Europeans breed with Neanderthals.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I have about 90 variants according to 23&me and that is about 1%. Most Somalis have Neanderthal ancestry in the range of 60-110 variants .

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I don't think so, neanderthal fossils haven't been found in Africa but Asia and Europe. Only Asians and Europeans breed with Neanderthals.
Neanderthal dna is found in populations from the horn of africa + north africa. This is true despite the fact that neanderthals remains have never been found inside africa itself, the only way for african populations to have traces of neanderthal dna is due to admixture.

The only populations that have 0 traces of any neanderthal dna is black african populations with a genetic history that does not leave africa (this obviously excludes cushitic ppl)

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Neanderthal dna is found in populations from the horn of africa + north africa. This is true despite the fact that neanderthals remains have never been found inside africa itself, the only way for african populations to can have traces of neanderthal dna is due to admixture.

The only populations that have 0 traces of any neanderthal dna is black african populations with a genetic history that does not leave africa (this obviously excludes cushitic ppl)

I have never seen Somali dna results with Neanderthals trace, besides only few Europeans and Asians have neanderthals trace which makes Somali to cluster with some neanderthal even more less likely.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I have never seen Somali dna results with Neanderthals trace, besides only few Europeans and Asians have neanderthals trace which makes Somali to cluster with some neanderthal even more less likely.

1. Its not "a few" europeans and asians that have it, they ALL do. All non african populations have neanderthal DNA, even east asians and australian aborigines.

2. Most somalis have neanderthal dna, just smaller traces when compared to non africans however it's still fairly ubiquitous.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
1. Its not "a few" europeans and asians that have it, they ALL do. All non african populations have neanderthal DNA, even east asians and australian aborigines.

2. Most somalis have neanderthal dna, just smaller traces when compared to non africans however it's still fairly ubiquitous.

Read this article, http://www.history.com/news/we-may-not-be-part-neanderthal-after-all

This theory explains why we not have neanderthal DNA at all but due to population isolation some population remained closer to neanderthals,(we share common ancestry with Neanderthals) in other words less variation suggestion of evolutionary stagnation.

Slightly off topic, but why do people act like neanderthals are some different species?
They were also human beings and not any less intelligent than us. We just have better access to knowledge and technology nowadays.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Slightly off topic, but why do people act like neanderthals are some different species?
They were also human beings and not any less intelligent than us. We just have better access to knowledge and technology nowadays.

It's not clear what they were. Some classify them as a seperate species, others as a subspecies of modern humans. Whatever the case they did differ from us in many significant ways. Like in brain size, bone structure and so on.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
I have about 90 variants according to 23&me and that is about 1%. Most Somalis have Neanderthal ancestry in the range of 60-110 variants .
The average for white people and middle east is about 2% - 3% neanderthal dna. Most horners have it but its below 1 percent.Bantus and other subsaharan blacks have 0%. Its just an indication of the tiny non african traces in our DNA, its most likely comes from ancient admixture

Think it was something like 1.9% iirc
I'm 0.8% neanderthal.
WE WUZ NEANDERTALZ!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts