Would you marry your cousin

• Yes

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No way

Votes: 29 80.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've recently watched a disturbing and sad documentary on the effects of inbreeding in the British Pakistani communities. Even in the UK , they marry their first cousin. And this not a minority of them, there's a great number of them that do so. I personally know two sisters that are married to two first cousins whom are brothers. This documentary might be quite old but it's still quite relevant as many of their kids have hereditary genetic diseases. So I was wondering if we have a similar practice of marrying within the family. I mean our qabils exist because of the inbreeding of our ancestors, right?

If you don't want to watch the full doc
the first part is about:
the inherited genetic disorders
their point of view as to why the continue this practice
the second part is about:
the opinions of MP for the constituencies that have predominant paki communnities ( who where threatened when they addressed the issue)
the point of view from officials as this is affecting the NHS

Yes I’m a first cousin product.

The cool thing is that my mother’s ancestry is the same as mine. Her father is my grandfathers brother.

And yes there’s nothing weird about me.

I won’t be marrying my first cousins because of risk, I will have to go outside the family by far , can’t take the risk.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
yes, its very common. I have an second cousin who married her first cousin and somehow he was her uncle aswell:snoop:

I think of my first cousins as siblings :kodaksmiley:this is just nasty

Last edited:
Before 1980, it wasn't common.

Post-90s/2000s, due to imported retard Arab culture it is becoming more common. Everything bad about Somali culture stems from aping Arabs.

Before 1980, it wasn't common.

Post-90s/2000s, due to imported retard Arab culture it is becoming more common. Everything bad about Somali culture stems from aping Arabs.
Looking the posts above you seem to be wrong
I’m sure it existed before
What I’m thinking is that all of our common ancestors the kids of Samaale were inbred

on her mum side he is her first cousin and on her dad's side he is her uncle (dad's second cousin).

:nahgirl: that's what I was told lmaooo
Interesting
I was quite confused because you’re not allowed to marry your uncle as in your parents sibling but that’s not the case here
Must be fun when the family gets together:russ:
Does she mix up maandey/huuno and apti together

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Similar situation is happening in UAE - first-cousin marriages. Yes, after few in-breeding seasons many kids come out with hereditary diseases and physical deforms.

Parents/grand-parents are not related. I can't think of anyone in my extended family married to a first/second even third cousins.

But, I gotta be honest. My female first cousins look hot! The type of girls I look for, tall, well-proportioned with long black hair. Let me stop here before I start having nasty thoughts, lol.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
Interesting
I was quite confused because you’re not allowed to marry your uncle as in your parents sibling but that’s not the case here
Must be fun when the family gets together:russ:
Does she mix up maandey/huuno and apti together

She is actually a lot older than me. Her kids are my age and they are so far gone they don't even know the difference between haabo and edoo :browtf: that's Canadian somalis for you :damn:

its not very common. this thing started the last 30 yrs when so many Somalis moved to the Gulf and as usual came back with arab culture masqueraded as religion like the fundamentalism etc. I bet you wont find 100 couples in the whole country.Majority of people frown upon.

its not very common. this thing started the last 30 yrs when so many Somalis moved to the Gulf and as usual came back with arab culture masqueraded as religion like the fundamentalism etc. I bet you wont find 100 couples in the whole country.Majority of people frown upon.
Yeah keep on bringing the Arabs in this issue
What I asked was about your ancestor they clearly married each other
And with paganism, I can imagine married siblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts