Do Somalis Hate Maths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Do Somalis and Africans in general under-perform in mathamatics? Mathamatics what does it mean to you? It's not numbers, numbers are just the way to translate a given property or what-ever your measuring. For example 30 grams of weed is not the same as 30 degrees celcius. Notice how it shares the same number, but not the same measuring unit. Real maths is about figuring out the measuring units and what will be reliable measuring tool. It's not about multiplications, additions, substraction, and divisions well not the high end maths anyways.

High end maths is about measurements of a given scientific matter and finding out a reliable measuring unit and then breaking up that unit all the way to the smallest and largest it can get and defining what zero is in the relationship. Zero can mean nothing in financial terms, like when your bank says you have zero in your bank account, but it can mean something totally different when you say zero is the weather due to the measurement units. The only commonality is the numbering system, everything else is different and the numbering system is just translation tool.

So does nerds who know how to number crunch like indians are memorizers, not thinkers or scientists and shouldn't be in that field at all.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Notice how even a topic like the weather can have different measuring units like faranheight and celcius. So maths isn't really about numbers, it's about measurements and working out what the smallest and largest units are in what your working on. You can apply any numbering system you desire as long as you figure out what zero is in the relationship of your numbers. Zero can mean Zero kilometers in a car and they defined the zero as not moving.

Where-as Zero can mean something totally different in weather systems and it still a real number in term heat and cold. When they say it's zero degrees today guys it means the weather is pretty damn cold, so their zero has been defined as a unit of weather and not like a zero in terms of no weather.

Notice the funny relationship we have with numbers, we can use numbers for anything and it can mean whatever we want, numbers just ways of keeping count of something that your working on. I do pretty well at high end maths, I don't like number crunching maths though but I can do it but I just don't find it interesting.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Nope. I personally loved math. I think Somali parents pressure their kids into taking programs in a pragmatic light to ensure they're successful career wise. Math, while it can open a lot of doors, is not popularly known as a money making degree. In the next generation, I'm sure there will be academically inclined Somalis who'll take everything from Art, Philosophy, and of course Mathematics.

Nope. I personally loved math. I think Somali parents pressure their kids into taking programs in a pragmatic light to ensure they're successful career wise. Math, while it can open a lot of doors, is not popularly known as a money making degree. In the next generation, I'm sure there will be academically inclined Somalis who'll take everything from Art, Philosophy, and of course Mathematics.

:yousmart:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Just know what unit of measures is in maths and it's easy to work out from there. What u need to ask in Maths regardless what your looking at. Ask them to define what zero means in their unit of measure so you know where the baseline is. Notice there is no minus zero? it's always minus 1 and then goes into infinity backwards from zero because cold can reach infinity and zero is a baseline now in weather units? or it's plus 1, 2,3 this continues into infinity as we know heat can reach very high temperatures especially in lava, and the fire making process used for developing metals.

The other key measurements you need to understand is volume because liquid is measured in units of volume, quantity, weight, strength especially for energy or heat or cold, their maybe other units of measures I am missing out on but you need to understand this part or the rest won't make sense. For example grab a feather and figure out weight on a scale and if it weighs zero you know what zero stands for in their measuring unit, do the same with volume what is zero liters does it even measure zero in volume if it doesn't you know zero means literally nothing?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Just know what unit of measures is in maths and it's easy to work out from there. What u need to ask in Maths regardless what your looking at. Ask them to define what zero means in their unit of measure so you know where the baseline is. Notice there is no minus zero? it's always minus 1 and then goes into infinity backwards from zero because cold can reach infinity and zero is a baseline now in weather units? or it's plus 1, 2,3 this continues into infinity as we know heat can reach very high temperatures especially in lava, and the fire making process used for developing metals.

The other key measurements you need to understand is volume because liquid is measured in units of volume, quantity, weight, strength especially for energy or heat or cold, their maybe other units of measures I am missing out on but you need to understand this part or the rest won't make sense. For example grab a feather and figure out weight on a scale and if it weighs zero you know what zero stands for in their measuring unit, do the same with volume what is zero liters does it even measure zero in volume if it doesn't you know zero means literally nothing?
No offense, but what does that have to do with what I said? You're messing with me, eh? :pachah1:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

What type of maths did you enjoy? Number crunching? Some people like using numbers and good at it but they are terrible at actually inventing the idea of multiplication, addition, substraction, and division, there was inventors for these arimethic functions and just because your good at using it doesn't mean your good at actually creating it. Indians are great at using numbers but their not inventors of it, they are good memorizers when you see how their study, it's all memory work not so much understanding work.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
What type of maths did you enjoy? Number crunching? Some people like using numbers and good at it but they are terrible at actually inventing the idea of multiplication, addition, substraction, and division, there was inventors for these arimethic functions and just because your good at using it doesn't mean your good at actually creating it. Indians are great at using numbers but their not inventors of it, they are good memorizers when you see how their study, it's all memory work not so much understanding work.
Personally? I was a fan of statistical analysis. Gaining conclusions based on inductive reasoning in stats is very interesting. With enough data points, one can be 99% certain of a particular conclusion. That's pretty fascinating.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Personally? I was a fan of statistical analysis. Gaining conclusions based on inductive reasoning in stats is very interesting. With enough data points, one can be 99% certain of a particular conclusion. That's pretty fascinating.

That's interesting, your accounting for all the factors in a given problem. How do you determine what is factor and what's not? what rule do you set to determine when something is a factor in a complex relationship of data sets? Can you provide an example of statistical analysis on say a Somali problem to demonstrate your knowledge not your indian parroting skills and memorising key words?

If I had to a statistical analysis on something, I would first determine what is a factor in a data-set, is it the contribution to the outcome, then I would measure the contribution with a numbering scale based on key inputs from the factor, cause all factors are not equal after-all it is mathamatics and nothing is static in terms of numbers.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
That's interesting, your accounting for all the factors in a given problem. How do you determine what is factor and what's not? what rule do you set to determine when something is a factor in a complex relationship of data sets? Can you provide an example of statistical analysis on say a Somali problem to demonstrate your knowledge not your indian parroting skills and memorising key words?

If I had to a statistical analysis on something, I would first determine what is a factor in a data-set, is it the contribution to the outcome, then I would measure the contribution with a numbering scale based on key inputs from the factor, cause all factors are not equal after-all it is mathamatics and nothing is static in terms of numbers.
I'll be completely honest with you man, I don't think that deeply when it comes to topics of mathematics. I was just impressed with what I can do when I took stats during my years completing my econ degree.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Math is really easy when you know the formula of the equation.

Can you demonstate how formula works and equation, rather then parroting and memorizing words that noone can really gouge what your level of expertise is. I haven't look at formula and equation. But an equation to my understanding is E for Energy that is an Equation, it's the problem. The formula is after the equal = sign and whatever it says in there. Mass 1 x Mass 2 / time,speed,distance or whatever the problem is.

How do you understand Formula and Equation, you need to know if you go into physics because the whole idea of physics is to unify to simple formulas not complex formula if your physics is messy and has many parameters in it, your stuck in complexity part of the problem and not finding the unifying part that's why einstein is so loved it's cause he made it so easy and didn't give the complex parts to much time and unified it for everyone.

Where-as an average physicists will work on the complex part and not be able to see what is unifying the elements he is working on which requires 'thought and imagination' and a deep understanding of the topic and unfortunately thought and imagination is hard to get too after 4-5 years of memorizing textbooks at the bachelor level and a science world that refuses to think beyond the physical.

Indians are great at using numbers but their not inventors of it, they are good memorizers when you see how their study, it's all memory work not so much understanding work.
Some of the greatest mathematicians in history were Indians. Some of the best mathematicians in the world today are Indians. You can't stereotype like that.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Myself personally math at this moment is something I could use vast improvement in though I won't mind learning it with proper clear instruction.
Math however is a very crucial element of African history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts