Do Christians worship the moon, and sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do-I-Look-Somali

Make me some Cambulo tonight.
The Bible also talks about New Moons, but considers them Holy:

1 Chronicles 23:31 They must also give thanksand sing praises when sacrifices are offered on each Sabbath, as well as during New Moon Festivals and other religious feasts. There must always be enough Levites on duty at the temple to do everything that needs to be done.

Numbers 10:10 During the celebration of the New Moon Festival and other religious festivals, sound the trumpets while you offer sacrifices. This will be a reminder that I am the LORD your God.

1 Samuel 20:5 David answered: Tomorrow is the New Moon Festival, and I'm supposed to eat dinner with your father. But instead, I'll hide in a field until the evening of the next day.

1 Samuel 20:18 After this Jonathan said: Tomorrow is the New Moon Festival, and people will wonder where you are, because your place will be empty.

The Jews even celebrated the new moon with their "Festivals" as these verses, and many more in the Bible, clearly state! Does this now mean that the Jews worship the new moon?

Do-I-Look-Somali

Is Allah really a "moon god"?

Muslims do not believe in worshiping idols or moon Gods. Nor any Muslim believes that the reason why the Crescent is the Muslims' symbol on their flag is because Muhammad (peace be upon him) had cut the moon in half with his sword. That is a fabricated lie about Muhammad and Islam. The reason why the Crescent is the symbol on our flag is because we start our fasting month "Ramadan" when the Crescent appears, and we end that month when the full moon appears after 30 or 31 days of the Crescent's appearance. The Crescent is not a holy symbol. Islam doesn't believe in holy idols or symbols to be worshiped! The only holy thing in this world to Muslims is the Noble Quran, GOD's Revelations and Holy Scripture to us. No person is holy and no image nor idol nor symbol is holy either:

"They ask thee Concerning the New Moons. Say: They are but signs To mark fixed periods of time In (the affairs of) men, And for Pilgrimage. It is no virtue if ye enter Your houses from the back: It is virtue if ye fear Allah. Enter houses Through the proper doors: And fear Allah: That ye may prosper. (The Noble Quran, 2:189)"

Note on Noble Verse 2:189: The English translator wrote "enter Your houses from the back". This is a mistranslation, because in Arabic it says: "taato AL-BOUOTA min thohooriha", which literally means "enter THE HOUSES from the back".

So the Noble Verse should read as:

"They ask thee Concerning the New Moons. Say: They are but signs To mark fixed periods of time In (the affairs of) men, And for Pilgrimage. It is no virtue if ye enter the houses from the back: It is virtue if ye fear Allah. Enter houses Through the proper doors: And fear Allah: That ye may prosper. (The Noble Quran, 2:189)"

But anyway, as we clearly see in the Noble Verse, moon is nothing but a tool used by the Muslims. It is not GOD Almighty to us, nor do we use it in our worship.

Do-I-Look-Somali

In the Christian Bible, there are moon festivals. But Islam does not celebrate moon festivals. Muslims do not worship or revere Moon as part of the religious life. So it is in Biblical religion the moon has a special status and relationship to their faith. Not in Islam!

See references below :
1 Samuel 20:18 Then Jonathan said to David, “Tomorrow is the New Moon feast. You will be missed, because your seat will be empty.

1 Samuel 20:24 So David hid in the field, and when the New Moon feast came, the king sat down to eat.

Psalm 81:3 Sound the ram’s horn at the New Moon, and when the moon is full, on the day of our festival;

Ezra 3:5 After that, they presented the regular burnt offerings, the New Moon sacrifices and the sacrifices for all the appointed sacred festivals of the LORD, as well as those brought as freewill offerings to the LORD.

Ezekiel 46:1 “‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: The gate of the inner court facing east is to be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day and on the day of the New Moon it is to be opened.

2 Chronicles 8: 13 according to the daily requirement for offerings commanded by Moses for the Sabbaths, the New Moons and the three annual festivals–the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Weeks and the Festival of Tabernacles

Numbers 10:10 Also at your times of rejoicing–your appointed festivals and New Moon feasts–you are to sound the trumpets over your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, and they will be a memorial for you before your God. I am the LORD your God.”

Isaiah 1:13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations– I cannot bear your worthless assemblies

IN THE NEW TESTAMENT :
There is no rat race escape tactics for the Missionary to say it was a Jewish tradition and they (the Jews) innovated new practices.

Earlier Christians celebrated Moon Festival:

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

CONCLUSION :
So it is baseless arguments to say Muslims Worshiping moon gods. Islam says there is no God Except Allah. Who is the Creator of sun Moon and everything in existence.
David’s Star actually Hindu exorcism star Tantric star. Jeremiah 8:2-8, Acts 7:42

Muslims use Lunar Calendar to determine months and years as ordered by Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala. The rulers used crescents symbols n flag to establish their authority.
There are no moon festivals or special worship for new moon in Islam. Such practices are found in Judaism, Christianity (seeColossians 2:16) Hinduism (see Makhara Sankranthi) and Paganism (see Spirit worships) check encyclopedia of religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending