DNA of Astronaut No Longer Matches His Twin After He Spends a Year in Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensationalist garbage.Most of the effects can be linked to the rigorous exercise taken by the astronaut. All other effects reduce overtime, I think they need to conduct studies over years to see if those minimal effects are temporary etc.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Ex-congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford from Arizona (one that was shot) is the wife of retired astronaut Mark Kelly.

I sure as hell do not wanna spend two years in a capsule to get to Mars. These capsules are made for people small in stature. I fret sitting for 20hrs (one way) for my flights to and from back home. Two years in a capsule? Heck no.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Sensationalist garbage.Most of the effects can be linked to the rigorous exercise taken by the astronaut. All other effects reduce overtime, I think they need to conduct studies over years to see if those minimal effects are temporary etc.
You think rigorous exercise will change your DNA? :comeon:

If i ever get hit with child support I'ma take a 6 month trip to space hopefully my DNA changes and I can come back and claim the kids not mine

They try to reduce the amount of metal in space crafts but it's not enough, secondary radiation from the metal surrounding you is worse than direct exposure to cosmic radiation.

Material science has come a long way ,
They should be able to build fully composite structures from carbon fibre, aramids, plastics etc.

Or even better magnetic envelope protection for spacecraft, at least 10 Tesla.
But then again the power requirements are greater than supplied by solar panels,
So nuclear only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.