• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors.

Genetics Djiboutian (Dir, Samaroon, Maxamed Case) DNA results on 23andme

Apollo

Somali Lives Matter
Staff Member
Are there more tests? if so, what does it determine?
With tests that scan either your entire genome (WGS) or entire Y-Chromosome you can then upload it to yfull.com and then get precise dates when your paternal lineage split from other men. The calculations are quite accurate.

Cheapest way to do this is to wait for Dante Labs November sale (they lower it then from 600 bucks to 180).

With tests that scan either your entire genome (WGS) or entire Y-Chromosome you can then upload it to yfull.com and then get precise dates when your paternal lineage split from other men. The calculations are quite accurate.

Cheapest way to do this is to wait for Dante Labs November sale (they lower it then from 600 bucks to 180).
I can ask my cousin to take it. Is there anyway I can learn more about this?

Is Haplogroup T Cushitic in origin as I’m an Isaaq (T-L208).
There are another T carriers among other peoples in north and east africa but so far genetic results show that somali subclade TY 45591 is restricted to somalis. There are many african T carriers who have taken the Big Y test and almost all of them fall under T CTS11451 version of T which is not related to somali version for more than 8k years.

Though rendille oromo and amhara T which is more informative have yet to do their Big Y they are more likely to get another clade other than T 45591 like the sudanis and eritreans do.

So the absence of somali subclade among other african communities esp sudan and egypt and its recent TMRA(1900pb) along with saudis individuals being their closest reletives all goes for recent founder effect due to migration of T y 45591 ancestor across the redsea from possibly anywhere in the arabian peninsula.

Last edited:
I found these results.

Dir, Samaroon, Maxamed Case subclan from Djibouti

99.9 Northeast African
99.2% Somali

Y-DNA - T-M70
mtDNA - L3

There are already many Makahil and one Habar Cafaan who had similar Y-DNA's. But first Maxamed Case subclan on 23andme.
Can I see a GEDMATCH of a Samaroon person by any chance?