• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors.

Genetics Djiboutian (Dir, Samaroon, Maxamed Case) DNA results on 23andme

I found these results.

Dir, Samaroon, Maxamed Case subclan from Djibouti

99.9 Northeast African
99.2% Somali

Y-DNA - T-M70
mtDNA - L3

There are already many Makahil and one Habar Cafaan who had similar Y-DNA's. But first Maxamed Case subclan on 23andme.
Are maxamed case the ones that live in northern Awdal?

Are maxamed case the ones that live in northern Awdal?
Yes, the coastal corridor areas like lughaya/saylac corridor and also have a large population in neighbouring Djibouti. The mayor and governor of lughaya and saylac are both maxamed case. They intermarry with the Mamasan Ciise. The President of Djibouti, Ismaaciil cumar geele his mother is maxamed case. The first President of Djibouti, Aptidoon, his mother was also maxamed case.

Last edited:
T-
I found these results.

99.9 Northeast African
99.2% Somali

Y-DNA - T-M70
mtDNA - L3

There are already many Makahil and one Habar Cafaan who had similar Y-DNA's. But first Maxamed Case subclan on 23andme.
T-M70 is my haplogroup, I come from the most northwestern part of Somaliland.

I found these results.

99.9 Northeast African
99.2% Somali

Y-DNA - T-M70
mtDNA - L3

Haplogroup T1a1a* was found in 14% of the elite marathon runners sample of whom 43% of this sample are from Arsi province.

I'm gadabursi but I'm not going to say my subclan, I might have a relatives lurking here.
just mention the big ones like Habar makadoor (makahil, maxamed case) or habar cafaan. nobody will find out because these subclans are big. you dont have to go any further.