Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
solar.jpg

Djibouti to build 300MW solar power plant
DJIBOUTI, 1 days ago

Djibouti has launched a project to build a 300-megawatt (MW) solar power plant and is planning a 60 MW wind farm as part of an initiative to generate all the tiny nation's power from renewables within five years, a minister said.

The solar power plant, which will cost €360 million ($394 million), will be built in phases by German firm Green Enesys. President Ismail Omar Guelleh laid the foundation stone this week at the Grand Bara plain site, south of the capital.

Djibouti, home to an international port as well as US and French military bases, now relies heavily for its power via a link to hydropower plants in neighbouring Ethiopia. It wants to produce all its power from renewables by 2020.

Construction work starts in earnest on the solar plant in the first quarter of 2016, with the first of six phases completed by the end of 2016, Energy Minister Ali Yacoub Mahamoud told Reuters. Each phase is for 50 MW.

Electricite de Djibouti will sign a power purchase agreement to take power from the privately funded project, the first solar plant in Djibouti to be connected to the national grid, the minister said.

Djibouti is building smaller solar power plants to supply 25 villages in the next five years, with three of them already up and running, but none of these projects are connected to the grid, the minister said.

"We will soon proceed with the laying of the first stone of a wind turbine farm of 60 MW, financed by Qatar," the minister said, adding that a company to carry out the project was being chosen and the project could be launched in weeks.

Aside from the power link to Ethiopia which supplies about 65 per cent of Djibouti's needs, the country has just 100 MW of installed generation capacity of its own, some of which is not connected to the grid.

Limited access to a reliable power supply is seen as a major obstacle to growth across Africa.-Reuters

I don't see what the German investors have to gain from this particular choice of invest that they've made which leads me to believe this is possibly charity from NATO designed to stop desperate lackey djbouti from needing to further entrench themselves to the rising Chinese who have recently been granted a naval base in the strategic Red Sea shipping lines that Djibouti borders. Only time will tell but let's see if the Chinese farther add to their investments such as the $400million port they are building for Djibouti or the high-speed train which will connect Addis Ababa to djbouti city, a NATO China bidding war for the dictator of Djibouti's personal allegiance will be his best move to date yet if he can make this happen.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
The German firm is the contractor you bum. The contractor will gain million in revenues from this project, and many international contractors have been wanting to fulfill this project, but Green Enys was chosen. Tiny Djibouti (6 times smaller than Somaliland), has a GDP bigger than Somaliland. Leave the cuqdad and jealousy. lol charity kulaha.

It will create 150-200 direct and indirect jobs during construction and 60 full-time jobs during its operation.
The development of this plant is a step towards achieving the national goal is to make Djibouti the first African country to use 100% renewable energy.

The German firm is the contractor you bum. The contractor will gain million in revenues from this project, and many international contractors have been wanting to fulfill this project, but Green Enys was chosen.

I hate that we are making everbody else richer. Airports,Statues,Resources Etc all in the hands of ajanabi companies/firms

A solar power plant in Djibouti built not by local contractors and Somali hands, but by White European engineering firm.

Built by Germans for the profit of Germany. So we pay millions to boost German economy?

So what we consider development is in the hands of Germans.Wtf

I don't mean to try and burst the bubble but this is something that I have thinking about for a while, it is sad that we don't we realize that we are outside of our economic process and a perpetual client of a foreign economy.

This new deal just defines our current state of perpetual dependency.

Last edited:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
I hate that we are making everbody else richer. Airports,Statues,Resources Etc all in the hands of ajanabi companies/firms

A solar power plant in Djibouti built not by local contractors and Somali hands, but by White European engineering firm.

Built by Germans for the profit of Germany. So we pay millions to boost German economy?

So what we consider development is in the hands of Germans.Wtf

I don't mean to try and burst the bubble but this is something that I have thinking about for a while, it is sad that we don't we realize that we are outside of our economic process and a perpetual client of a foreign economy.

This new deal just defines our current state of perpetual dependency.
That's mostly because the Somali firms lack the experience , tools and knowledge to complete such tasks and the government has no confidence that they could perform the project well. Same as in Arab countries. Big projects are given to foreign Asian/European firms, small projects to local companies. Nevertheless development is always good and maybe in the future a Somali company can take on such a task.

A

Anonymous

That's mostly because the Somali firms lack the experience , tools and knowledge to complete such tasks and the government has no confidence that they could perform the project well. Same as in Arab countries. Big projects are given to foreign Asian/European firms, small projects to local companies. Nevertheless development is always good and maybe in the future a Somali company can take on such a task.

It's the same story we've heard since the colonials left. Lack of experience, knowledge, skills, tools and shiftlessness.

I mean sending people to learn these skills, as the Japanese did, never occurred to the dependent minds of the Somali leadership?

"They were the best people for the job", well at our current rate in 4011 the Ajanabis will still be "the best people for the job."

They must have confidence in their own people, if not plan for it to get to that point. Just imagine how much of that money could go in to the Somali economy do for the somali people.

Looking at it long term, hopefully we can create a "think tank" where we are able to discuss - us without them.

This is the problem with most African countries they make Arabs,Asians and Europeans richer and think that's development and progress.
We need to define what really is development in reality.

What's the point with a fancy new roads and airports when your population cannot even afford bread?

Last edited:

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
Let's keep it real. These Somalis are just window dressing. They want all this pretty infrastructure built by foreigners. When people are dying in Djibouti from chorea and shit. That's an old ass disease. When they are not planning to take over the reigns ever and at this rate will not have something built for them and by them, that's actually worthy of mention. Most African countries have this problem. And as Somalis how can we claim to be better than them when we do nothing to equip our people with the skills and know how to develop infrastructure projects on our own without foreign interference. #StayCooning if you want to lose.

Let's keep it real. These Somalis are just window dressing. They want all this pretty infrastructure built by foreigners. When they are not planning to take over the reigns ever and at this rate will not have something built for them and by them, that's actually worthy of mention. Most African countries have this problem. And as Somalis how can we claim to be better than them when we do nothing to equip our people with the skills and know how to develop infrastructure projects on their own without foreign interference. #StayCooning.

It's not the Somali people, it's the Damul Jadiid governments doing without the approval of their own people.

The Somali people are doing fantastic in terms of business, networking sourcing etc compared to other African nations, they have really shown their ingenuity & resilience in that especially in these hard times and circumstances.

We just have shitty leadership that don't care about the interest of their own people.

Last edited:

paragon

It's not the Somali people, it's the Selfish myopic egotistical Damul Jadiid govt.

The Somali people are doing fantastic in terms of business, networking sourcing etc compared to other African nations, they have really shown their ingenuity in that. We just have shitty leadership that don't care about the interest of their own people.

Coons in power are enough to bring down the collective progress of Somalis. Djibouti has a dictator, Somalia had one too, now it's just a puppet president. Puntland and Somaliland aren't doing bad but their leadership is shit too. Same old politicians pocketing off of the public purse no matter where you go. I'd be hard pressed to find compassionate leadership anywhere on the continent.

Coons in power are enough to bring down the collective progress of Somalis. Djibouti has a dictator, Somalia had one too, now it's just a puppet president. Puntland and Somaliland aren't doing bad but their leadership is shit too. Same old politicians pocketing off of the public purse no matter where you go.

Yeah I know it's really fustrating, the sad part is seeing how successful somali businesses have been in Africa much of that money/revenue is transferred into Somali soil. Millions of dollars.

So the capital is there, $1.3B sent eachyear, combine that with recent trend of diaspora Somalis returning to invest
Add on top of that the $884M in World Bank-estimated foreign direct investment since 2005.

Issue here isn't lack of business spirit, entrepreneurship or even capital. There's plenty of each to go around in Somalia.
The issue is one of systemic corruption, focus on personal enrichment & lack of transparency stifling development of Somalia

For us sitting here complaining about this will do us no good, but finding solutions ideas to solve this and make short term and long term plans to change the current circumstance that plague us will do us huge service.

For Somali youth I know we are frustrated about the leadership (rightfully so), but we must not neglect the work that has already been done so wind up horribly reinventing the wheel. That's is the most important thing to remember. We need to study and reanalyze.

waraabe

Your superior
The German firm is the contractor you bum. The contractor will gain million in revenues from this project, and many international contractors have been wanting to fulfill this project, but Green Enys was chosen. Tiny Djibouti (6 times smaller than Somaliland), has a GDP bigger than Somaliland. Leave the cuqdad and jealousy. lol charity kulaha.

It will create 150-200 direct and indirect jobs during construction and 60 full-time jobs during its operation.
The development of this plant is a step towards achieving the national goal is to make Djibouti the first African country to use 100% renewable energy.

what i dont understand is why you keep bring up djibouti like you fuckers have any say in ciise business. Ciise hate you, stop begging. They kicked you out of zaila

paragon

Yeah I know it's really fustrating, the sad part is seeing how successful somali businesses have been in Africa much of that money/revenue is transferred into Somali soil. Millions of dollars.

So the capital is there, $1.3B sent eachyear, combine that with recent trend of diaspora Somalis returning to invest
Add on top of that the $884M in World Bank-estimated foreign direct investment since 2005.

Issue here isn't lack of business spirit, entrepreneurship or even capital. There's plenty of each to go around in Somalia.
The issue is one of systemic corruption, focus on personal enrichment & lack of transparency stifling development of Somalia

For us sitting here complaining about this will do us no good, but finding solutions ideas to solve this and make short term and long term plans to change the current circumstance that plague us will do us huge service.

For Somali youth I know we are frustrated about the leadership (rightfully so), but we must not neglect the work that has already been done so wind up horribly reinventing the wheel. That's is the most important thing to remember. We need to study and reanalyze.

Maybe I've been seeing the glass as half empty lately. I've just seen how locals sometimes work against Somali businesses back home. I recall a cement factory that a corporation wanted to build in Somaliland and the locals were so short-sighted that it never happened. They let clan politics get in the way of collective progress, particularly at home manufacturing. Keep in mind, it was an all Somali business but it became a matter of Cisse Muuse vs. Sacaad Muuse. I could understand if this was inter-tribal like Dhulbahante v.s Issaq or Dir vs. Issaq but not HA v.s HA. Same shit to me. It seems like you have to pay off the whole tribe before you can initiate a project. I understand that Somalis have done so much and that's commendable. Just speaking from what I've seen.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
what i dont understand is why you keep bring up djibouti like you fuckers have any say in ciise business. Ciise hate you, stop begging. They kicked you out of zaila
lol Cuqdad ku dhimo. Samaroon lost a lot of blood fighting the colonials for Djibouti.

I think you should worry about the Isaaq subclan tensions and the upcoming elections if Qudhmiye gets re-elected shit will hit the fan.

waraabe

Your superior
lol Cuqdad ku dhimo. Samaroon lost a lot of blood fighting the colonials for Djibouti.

I think you should worry about the Isaaq subclan tensions and the upcoming elections if Qudhmiye gets re-elected shit will hit the fan.

isaaq will fight and make up you calaacaling person. why are you talking about djibouti like it is your country or you have a say in how it is run, stick to borama. Stop trying to use djibouti to diss isaaq abti

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
isaaq will fight and make up you calaacaling person. why are you talking about djibouti like it is your country or you have a say in how it is run, stick to borama. Stop trying to use djibouti to diss isaaq abti
Oohinta naga daa sxb you came calaacling in my thread

Maybe I've been seeing the glass as half empty lately. I've just seen how locals sometimes work against Somali businesses back home. I recall a cement factory that a corporation wanted to build in Somaliland and the locals were so short-sighted that it never happened. They let clan politics get in the way of collective progress, particularly at home manufacturing. Keep in mind, it was an all Somali business but it became a matter of Cisse Muuse vs. Sacaad Muuse. I could understand if this was inter-tribal like Dhulbahante v.s Issaq or Dir vs. Issaq but not HA v.s HA. Same shit to me. It seems like you have to pay off the whole tribe before you can initiate a project. I understand that Somalis have done so much and that's commendable. Just speaking from what I've seen.

I don't know anything about that but yeah genuine reconciliation between clan is needed for Somalias development and progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.