Djibouti Has More Brothels Than Mosques

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Djibouti - Islam can't stop it, not even Aids can stop it.

The bars play a mix of dance music, French house and reggae but the troops seem to move the same to every song, jumping up and down and bouncing into each other on the small dance floors.

All around, prostitutes from Djibouti and neighbouring Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somalia line the walls and the bar, looking a little bemused at the rituals of male bonding.

"There are so many girls here, why do they dance with each other?" said Sara, a 20-year-old from northern Ethiopia who came here two years ago. "But it is still early. Later they will come to be with us."

And they do. Long after midnight at another loud and cramped club, three legionnaires sit sprawled on sofas, their heavily tattooed arms wrapped around Ethiopian prostitutes as they continue to knock back beer and whisky at a ferocious pace.

All around them, soldiers are dancing with other girls or already making plans for the rest of the night.

The government has tried cleaning up the red light district on several occasions, but the bars routinely side-step any new regulations or simply flout them.

When authorities said alcohol could only be sold in private clubs, restaurants or hotels, owners quickly changed the signs above their bars and added neon signs saying "Restaurant".

Last October, the government shut down about 40 "unauthorised bars", saying they were a focus of prostitution, drugs, drunkenness, fighting and paedophilia.

"These activities are shameless activities that I cannot name," Interior Minister Abdallah Abdillahi Miguil said as he announced the clampdown.

The bars were quickly closed, Ethiopian prostitutes were put on trains and sent back home and Djibouti's centre was again quiet after dark - the only place serving beer in the city became the Sheraton, its biggest hotel.

It lasted a few months that way, but then the prostitutes began returning and the bars and clubs reopened.

Club owners contend that Djibouti and its government need the red light district, whether they like it or not.

"Look at this country's economy. It is only the French that keep it going," said the Ethiopian owner of one club, looking over a bar heaving with young, fit legionnaires and older, beer-bellied expats. "This area provides jobs, money and (tax) revenues for the government."

Neither does an explosion of the Aids virus deter revellers.

Djibouti has one of the highest HIV/Aids infection rates in the world among young adults. The United Nations estimates that 13,9 percent of Djibouti's women and 8,8 percent of its men between the ages of 15 and 24 are infected.

Rates among its prostitutes are thought to be much higher.

As his friends drank and danced at one bar last week, a French military officer said he thought Aids was now a greater threat than combat in a spell abroad with the Legion.

"After a night of beer, they forget everything they know about Aids. It is the greatest risk they take."

One 23-year-old legionnaire from eastern Europe said he knew the risks but shrugged his shoulders as way of explaining why he and his friends had sex with the local prostitutes.

"We are here a long time. It is not easy," he said, a little sheepishly.
I only met Fatiha two hours ago. I ‘arranged’ her in a nightclub in Djibouti City. The American military contractors I was with, introduced me to – someone they called – a reliable fixer. The fixer checked which girls were interested and matched my demands (some knowledge of English, not staying over the night). He negotiated the price as well. The twenty-year-old or twenty-one-year-old Fatiha (“I am as old as you want me to be”) with Somali-Ethiopian heritage (“Do you have a preference?”) wants to come with for 50 euro (about 60 dollars). “But first, I want to finish my Vodka-pomme”, she states with a slurred voice. The fixer wants 5000 Djiboutian franc (30 dollars) for his mediation.
The fat c*nt IOG thought he would get rich quick by renting out his country to foreign armies but it completely backfired. Women in Djibouti are being fucked and rented in the thousands by horny soldiers.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Most of them are Ethiopian prostitutes nothing new.
He negotiated the price as well. The twenty-year-old or twenty-one-year-old Fatiha (“I am as old as you want me to be”) with Somali-Ethiopian heritage
All around, prostitutes from Djibouti and neighbouring Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somalia line the walls and the bar, looking a little bemused at the rituals of male bonding.
My sources differ.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
most of them are in fact poor ethiopians who would do anything for money. when I go back to djibouti, I'll try to use 2 hot and clean amhara and tigray chicks as concubines and just pay them $100 a month.

Why is that tho? I havnt been following this election and am not aware of their platforms.
Wadani will help develop eastern regions that have been neglected by the Somaliland government. The election is mostly qabiil based. Garhajis, gadabuursi and arap will mostly vote for wadani whereas habar awal and habar jeclo would mostly vote for kulmiye.
Also according to this article a lot of Djiboutian view cirro "peace-loving man who can strengthen the diplomatic relations between the two countries".
http://djiboutitimes.com/mobile/art...t-from-Djibouti-According-To-A-Public-Opinion

VIP
Wadani will help develop eastern regions that have been neglected by the Somaliland government. The election is mostly qabiil based. Garhajis, gadabuursi and arap will mostly vote for wadani whereas habar awal and habar jeclo would mostly vote for kulmiye.
Also according to this article a lot of Djiboutian view cirro "peace-loving man who can strengthen the diplomatic relations between the two countries".
http://djiboutitimes.com/mobile/art...t-from-Djibouti-According-To-A-Public-Opinion

Qabil is goona end up destroying us (we're already dead). Who's leading right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending