disabled but awesome somali girl UK - ask me anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been alright for the most part, great people amazing food choices, lots of places to visit, so its a nice place to live.

Great to hear positive things! Never been but would like to visit in the future in shaa Allah

ahaha you should, where do you live?

though as a disabled person, somali people are the most judgemental people, even cadaans are 100% better.

Toronto, Canada!

If you dont mind me asking what type of disability do you have?

Somalis are judgemental but theres an increase of children in north america having issues such as autisim and down syndrome which i think is educating folks to be less ignorant. Although more education is needed within the community!!

Last edited:
Toronto, Canada!

If you dont mind me asking what type of disability do you have?

Somalis are judgemental but theres an increase of children in north america having issues such as autisim and down syndrome which i think is educating folks to be less ignorant. Although more education is needed within the community!!
Oh nice! how is it down there? always wantd to visit canada!

I was born with a rare condition called amniotic band syndrome which means during birth my left fingers didnt fully grow. Its not genetic or anything, just was a rare occurence that occuried in the womb. But it doesnt affect my life and im independent. Also when i was 9 years old, i had an accident which led me to losing most of my hearing in my right ear which was very hard to deal with at 9 years old aha got pretty depressed and anxious but now ive recovered from that as a 19 year old and trying to live life away from home and getting more independent. It was also made worse cos my mom didnt know how to deal with a disabled child so didnt get support from my mom. Basically had to learn everything myself, since i was always around abled bodied people so never got to experience being around other disabled poeple

Oh nice! how is it down there? always wantd to visit canada!

I was born with a rare condition called amniotic band syndrome which means during birth my left fingers didnt fully grow. Its not genetic or anything, just was a rare occurence that occuried in the womb. But it doesnt affect my life and im independent. Also when i was 9 years old, i had an accident which led me to losing most of my hearing in my right ear which was very hard to deal with at 9 years old aha got pretty depressed and anxious but now ive recovered from that as a 19 year old and trying to live life away from home and getting more independent. It was also made worse cos my mom didnt know how to deal with a disabled child so didnt get support from my mom. Basically had to learn everything myself, since i was always around abled bodied people so never got to experience being around other disabled poeple

Toronto is nice if your tourist lots of sightseeing, pretty parks and activities to do! We have our pros and cons but overall great city

I appreciate you letting me know your story! I think it might have been hard for your mother to adapt and adjust expecially when theres not adequate support within the community. But Ma shaa Allah sis your very strong! As for the independence thing, most somali parents are more proctective with their daughters its hard to change that quality. Over the years i've learned to not hate it but adore it your parents are aging so its best to please them while their still on this earth

May Allah bless u and give u the highest ranking in jannah!!! if anybody bothers u in here just tag me I will Deal with him!!!

Aminn! x

ahaha i hope no one is that childish to bother me online but then again ive learned to deal with it!
aint nobody steppin on me!

ahaha you should, where do you live?

though as a disabled person, somali people are the most judgemental people, even cadaans are 100% better.
Live your life the best way you can sweetheart and don't worry about people talking about you. You live in London Hun? Xx

Live your life the best way you can sweetheart and don't worry about people talking about you. You live in London Hun? Xx
That is what i try to do everyday! honestly i dont blame them sometimes because they have never been able to experience or be open about disability within the somali community, most somali people are nice enough though!

Im actually in birmingham aha ;D im guessing you are in london!

That is what i try to do everyday! honestly i dont blame them sometimes because they have never been able to experience or be open about disability within the somali community, most somali people are nice enough though!

Im actually in birmingham aha ;D im guessing you are in london!
Small Heath? Lol
You know our community
Small eyes
Big nose
No teeth
Hard hair
They will talk about anything.
Like I said do you and don't watch them.
If they talk about your disability in a bad way, Remember Allah See's everything. Xx

Small Heath? Lol
You know our community
Small eyes
Big nose
No teeth
Hard hair
They will talk about anything.
Like I said do you and don't watch them.
If they talk about your disability in a bad way, Remember Allah See's everything. Xx
ahah thank you for all that, i really appreciate it!

honestly ive never had much negative expereinces with people regarding my situation, most people are nice enough and ive made amazing friends which i couldnt not wish for. And even if people did, i learned to just ignore it and get on with my life! it hasnt stopped me from doing anything i wanted to so why would i care about haters lol? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.