Digital Outreach Section of the Centre of Prevention and Countering Violent Extremism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mogadishu, 10 January 2018: The Ministry of Information, Culture & Tourism of the Federal Government of Somalia has today launched the Digital Outreach Section of the Centre of Prevention and Countering Violent Extremism (P/CVE) in Somalia.

Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism, H.E. Abdirahman Omar Osman (Eng. Yarisow) during the opening ceremony of the digital outreach section said “The Ministry of Information has been leading the efforts to prevent and counter violent extremism for some time, and today’s ceremony is evident to our commitment and determination to reach an end state where conflicts are addressed politically as opposed to through violence. The Digital Outreach section is also part of Strand 4 of the Comprehensive Approach to Security (CAS) in order to implement the Somali National Strategy and Action Plan for Prevention and Countering Violent Extremism (P/CVE)."

“The Digital Outreach Section plans to raise public awareness campaign on CVE, Security and Peace Building, Good governance, Civic Education, and Implementing programs that can provide confidence to the people. This requires holistic approach on media in order to counter terrorist’s narratives of violence and destruction.” Said the Minister

Effective campaigns on social media will contribute to the overall peace and stability in Somalia and the Digital Outreach team aims to:
(a) Provide accurate and useful information to young people, which in turn helps them to understand the benefits of democratic institutions in Somalia;
(b) Appealing to young people’s emotions to stay away from joining Al-Shabaab.
(c) Discrediting Al-Shabaab by exposing their brutality, and hence weakening it’s following and public support.
(d) Providing a platform for the youth to exchange information and show their tal-ents by taking part in the nation building of the country.
(e) Increase negative public opinion on Al-Shabaab and its radicalisation process.

The establishment of this Digital Outreach Section is part of Strand 4 of the Compre-hensive Approach to Security: The objective of strand 4 Prevention and Countering of Violent Extremism is to reach an end state where conflicts are addressed politically as opposed to through violence. This includes support to operationalize the Somali National Strategy and Action Plan and facilitate the implementation of the national Strategy by the federal member states and the relevant line ministries in consultation with civil society including Youth, Women, Elders and Religious Leaders, private sector and the diaspora. This will include support to challenge extremist ideology being propagated through private education, religious networks and social media; disengagement and reintegration of AS fighters; political engagement with those who support extremist groups; and support for intra-Somali reconciliation and conflict resolution.

Given the fact that Somali youth is estimated to be 75% of Somali population and majority of them are actively engaged in the Social Media, it is essential that digital outreach campaigns that engages with communities is established. Young people also need to see how communities are building their nation and to see how nationalists and patriots can bring people together so that a united and prosper Somalia can be established. Trust building between the government and the public is very important and the use of the Social media can strengthen this endeavour paves the way for the readiness and the implementation of the government’s vision 2020 Election of One Person One Vote.

END
Ministry of Information, Culture & Tourism
media@moi.gov.so

Mogadishu, 10 January 2018: The Ministry of Information, Culture & Tourism of the Federal Government of Somalia has today launched the Digital Outreach Section of the Centre of Prevention and Countering Violent Extremism (P/CVE) in Somalia.

Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism, H.E. Abdirahman Omar Osman (Eng. Yarisow) during the opening ceremony of the digital outreach section said “The Ministry of Information has been leading the efforts to prevent and counter violent extremism for some time, and today’s ceremony is evident to our commitment and determination to reach an end state where conflicts are addressed politically as opposed to through violence. The Digital Outreach section is also part of Strand 4 of the Comprehensive Approach to Security (CAS) in order to implement the Somali National Strategy and Action Plan for Prevention and Countering Violent Extremism (P/CVE)."

“The Digital Outreach Section plans to raise public awareness campaign on CVE, Security and Peace Building, Good governance, Civic Education, and Implementing programs that can provide confidence to the people. This requires holistic approach on media in order to counter terrorist’s narratives of violence and destruction.” Said the Minister

Effective campaigns on social media will contribute to the overall peace and stability in Somalia and the Digital Outreach team aims to:
(a) Provide accurate and useful information to young people, which in turn helps them to understand the benefits of democratic institutions in Somalia;
(b) Appealing to young people’s emotions to stay away from joining Al-Shabaab.
(c) Discrediting Al-Shabaab by exposing their brutality, and hence weakening it’s following and public support.
(d) Providing a platform for the youth to exchange information and show their tal-ents by taking part in the nation building of the country.
(e) Increase negative public opinion on Al-Shabaab and its radicalisation process.

The establishment of this Digital Outreach Section is part of Strand 4 of the Compre-hensive Approach to Security: The objective of strand 4 Prevention and Countering of Violent Extremism is to reach an end state where conflicts are addressed politically as opposed to through violence. This includes support to operationalize the Somali National Strategy and Action Plan and facilitate the implementation of the national Strategy by the federal member states and the relevant line ministries in consultation with civil society including Youth, Women, Elders and Religious Leaders, private sector and the diaspora. This will include support to challenge extremist ideology being propagated through private education, religious networks and social media; disengagement and reintegration of AS fighters; political engagement with those who support extremist groups; and support for intra-Somali reconciliation and conflict resolution.

Given the fact that Somali youth is estimated to be 75% of Somali population and majority of them are actively engaged in the Social Media, it is essential that digital outreach campaigns that engages with communities is established. Young people also need to see how communities are building their nation and to see how nationalists and patriots can bring people together so that a united and prosper Somalia can be established. Trust building between the government and the public is very important and the use of the Social media can strengthen this endeavour paves the way for the readiness and the implementation of the government’s vision 2020 Election of One Person One Vote.

END
Ministry of Information, Culture & Tourism
media@moi.gov.so

Guul iyo gobanimo :salute:

They need to prevent nonviolent extremism. Killing Al-Shabab without killing their theocratic ideology is useless. They should teach freedom and secularism in the masjid, not man made Shariah law.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
They need to prevent nonviolent extremism. Killing Al-Shabab without killing their theocratic ideology is useless. They should teach freedom and secularism in the masjid, not man made Shariah law.

I don't know about the laws part, we definitely need laws, there is no question about that. But the secularism part shouldn't be taught, it should come naturally to humans, you don't sit there and pray to god for a glass of water do you? you get up and u use your body and mind. This applies to anything in life, it's you who has to do something not just sit there and expect god to do it. Secularism is totally natural, that's what u forget bidaar wanagsan u think we need to teach this as if it's something we created. No it's religion that is taught to people, it doesn't come natural like secularism does.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
I don't know about the laws part, we definitely need laws, there is no question about that. But the secularism part shouldn't be taught, it should come naturally to humans, you don't sit there and pray to god for a glass of water do you? you get up and u use your body and mind. This applies to anything in life, it's you who has to do something not just sit there and expect god to do it. Secularism is totally natural, that's what u forget bidaar wanagsan u think we need to teach this as if it's something we created. No it's religion that is taught to people, it doesn't come natural like secularism does.
get out of here with your athiestic mindset. every human is born to believe in god someway. and i do pray to god for a glass a water.

Secularism is the default position of people because it is about minding your own business and not interfering with other people. Which is the message of the Quran. Lakum deenakum waliya deen. But the Saudi educated wadaads have brainwashed people to believe in something called Shariah which is why their ideology must be countered, even if it is nonviolent. Focusing on just violent people is to address the symptom without addressing the cause.

Allah's shariah is cilmaniyyah which is the Arabic word for secularism because he says Laa ikraha fi deen. Nonviolent extremism is arguably a bigger threat than suicide bombers. You wouldn't have the latter without the influence of the former. The government has to jail anyone who preaches theocracy.

:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:

Also read somewhere that in the near future every madrasa needs to go through some type of registering with the central government. If this is true it is a huge milestone.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
get out of here with your athiestic mindset. every human is born to believe in god someway. and i do pray to god for a glass a water.

Go n believe in god and let him bring that glass of water for you? Get up and do it yourself and u know u will, why not apply this across all life, why special areas for god in this life cuz he aint coming, he gave u the faculties to do it yourself, he stepped away it's up to you now? But blame god cuz that's the usual answer, then blame me and call me an atheist, but then ur heart is so dead if i take u to two lions and ask u to walk between it and trust in god waa isku xaaraysa markasna ana gaal ii bixin and u will chop my head off and u still cant walk thru those two lions the usual blame game janno ku tagi maysid. Juxa exposed you guys, it's over for shabab sxb when u disagree with someone u call god to put them in hell, your using god for your motives. It's honestly over for standard day religion, sufism is gonna be back.

You can't even solve your own dead heart and walk between two lions and trust in god, you live in a world where there is wars and chaos and you are telling me and bidaar wanagsan u failed in this life cuz we see your results but you have the answers to the next? thats we call misplaced pride, that's truly satanic. Your not a true muslim im being honest, I pray for you but your outcome in the next world is terrible cuz look at the one your in right now but ur gonna blame for it and think its gonna solve it but u know it wont, you will still be a dead heart no matter how much abuse me. U will always be in this xaar situation of a world in chaos and conflict, it wont change if u chop my head off or tell allah to put me in hell.

Yo Bidaar, they doing the 'xiil illahi' you know like the compton crips do the 'crip call' for back up. Illahi dadkani dalka hanooga gabto, dont worry secularism will be back it needs no convincing it's what we do everyday anyways. By the way bidaar, isn't it funny how the west has a mean ass marketing machine, they told us what we do naturally was created by the damn western world. Now that's some sick ass marketing machine, wallahi they do sell well.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Secularism is the default position of people because it is about minding your own business and not interfering with other people. Which is the message of the Quran. Lakum deenakum waliya deen. But the Saudi educated wadaads have brainwashed people to believe in something called Shariah which is why their ideology must be countered, even if it is nonviolent. Focusing on just violent people is to address the symptom without addressing the cause.

Allah's shariah is cilmaniyyah which is the Arabic word for secularism because he says Laa ikraha fi deen. Nonviolent extremism is arguably a bigger threat than suicide bombers. You wouldn't have the latter without the influence of the former. The government has to jail anyone who preaches theocracy.

I agree, just apply secularism across all life, we already do it everywhere except politics. It appears we stopped our natural default position right there and started to mix in the mosque. The mosque should remain totally distinct from the state, it is where we should go to speak about the next life cuz that's where we are worried, but this life in-front of us allah has given us the faculties we need to conquer it and it will give us a good start to start dealing with the next life. Lakin xaar baan aduunka ku fadhisan, i'll just watch all this chaos that we see and unhappiness and failures we encounter daily for centuries and then we are going to talk about the next life when this one isn't answered, it's a case of running before u even crawled. They can't even crawl which is this world and they have hope they will be running in the next.

These clowns can't even demonstrate to us they can crawl first and then wanna convince us they will be running strong in the next world. Misplaced priorities and you shouldn't take anything they say untill u see tangible results first in this world for this will give u confidence of what they say about the next world and even then it could be wrong but it's far better indicator then having no answers in this world and talking about the next.

U know bro imagining sitting a test and you get a question and u tell the teacher im not going to bother with this one im going onto the next question i will have answers there. The teacher is screaming answer the first question it will generally lead u into the next one with a better understanding. But the student is like nah, ill crap on that and Ill answer the next one. Now he might be able to answer the next one miracles can happen, but most people will probably say since u have no answer for the first one u will probably have no answer for the next one or even a worse answer.

That's how we should view imams and take what they say with a grain of salt, cuz they fail to produce a positive answer for this world, in-fact we see destructive answers and we see it with our own eyes, suicide bombings, wars, killings, etc and then he telling me 'it will be janna' for him in the next world after all those bad answers in his life.

Last edited:

Reer-Bari

Go n believe in god and let him bring that glass of water for you? Get up and do it yourself and u know u will, why not apply this across all life, why special areas for god in this life cuz he aint coming, he gave u the faculties to do it yourself, he stepped away it's up to you now? But blame god cuz that's the usual answer, then blame me and call me an atheist, but then ur heart is so dead if i take u to two lions and ask u to walk between it and trust in god waa isku xaaraysa markasna ana gaal ii bixin and u will chop my head off and u still cant walk thru those two lions the usual blame game janno ku tagi maysid. Juxa exposed you guys, it's over for shabab sxb when u disagree with someone u call god to put them in hell, your using god for your motives. It's honestly over for standard day religion, sufism is gonna be back.

You can't even solve your own dead heart and walk between two lions and trust in god, you live in a world where there is wars and chaos and you are telling me and bidaar wanagsan u failed in this life cuz we see your results but you have the answers to the next? thats we call misplaced pride, that's truly satanic. Your not a true muslim im being honest, I pray for you but your outcome in the next world is terrible cuz look at the one your in right now but ur gonna blame for it and think its gonna solve it but u know it wont, you will still be a dead heart no matter how much abuse me. U will always be in this xaar situation of a world in chaos and conflict, it wont change if u chop my head off or tell allah to put me in hell.

Yo Bidaar, they doing the 'xiil illahi' you know like the compton crips do the 'crip call' for back up. Illahi dadkani dalka hanooga gabto, dont worry secularism will be back it needs no convincing it's what we do everyday anyways. By the way bidaar, isn't it funny how the west has a mean ass marketing machine, they told us what we do naturally was created by the damn western world. Now that's some sick ass marketing machine, wallahi they do sell well.
wtf did i do too deserve this. wow ur something else. all i said is and i quote exactly what i said "get out of here with your athiestic mindset. every human is born to believe in god someway. and i do pray to god for a glass a water."
walahi thats all i said. my mindset is "hate the sin, but don't hate the sinner" - imam shafi'i.
brother instead of accusing me of shit. just look in the mirror. what you just did is exactly what your accusing me of. you claimed that i would tell allah to put you in hell. when did i every say that. you said im not a true muslim. wtf is wrong with this guy. i remind you this came from me saying that he had a athiestic mindset. wow.

Reer-Bari

anyways i consider dr. osman a hate preacher. you just condemned me and insulted me and accused me of all types of shit. just becuz i disagreed with you. im never going to comment or reply to anything you post anymore. this guy responds to criticism with hate preaching.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
wtf did i do too deserve this. wow ur something else. all i said is and i quote exactly what i said "get out of here with your athiestic mindset. every human is born to believe in god someway. and i do pray to god for a glass a water."
walahi thats all i said. my mindset is "hate the sin, but don't hate the sinner" - imam shafi'i.
brother instead of accusing me of shit. just look in the mirror. what you just did is exactly what your accusing me of. you claimed that i would tell allah to put you in hell. when did i every say that. you said im not a true muslim. wtf is wrong with this guy. i remind you this came from me saying that he had a athiestic mindset. wow.

Bro I am being honest with u, I am a dead heart, but I aint denying it like u r with your religious statement and dogma and rituals and quoting bukhari as if this will change the fact u can't walk between two lions and trust in god. We can experiment your faith sxb, we can put it to the test and see if you truly believe or you don't. We know you don't truly believe cause you won't do the test of faith, you will only resort to quoting bukhari and quran to deflect from this simple test of faith. It's a diversion, you may even respond with violence and jihad and abusing others and blaming satan and blaming anyone except yourself but at the end of the day regardless who u do blame you will still not be able to walk thru those two lions so it's fruitless. Hence sufism focuses on developing the inner, rather then RUNNING to outer. It's the inner that will always be stronger and harder to conquer then the outer as the outer is very simple and robotic. In Sufism bro your focusing basically on your outer-side and your outer side will just be 'left behind' on this earth and ur inner side which is your memories, test of faith, the real things will go to god 'empty and dead' and you think he will look upon u favorably, your wishful thinking.

Now this dilemma has made me review myself and I came to the conclusion I admitted to god I am a dead heart and I said I will let him 'handle' me how he pleases and I totally surrender. I surrender because even if I use my logic, test of faith, or prayers or charity or deeds it will all be left behind on this earth regardless and it never ends me being 6 feet 3, and 90 kilos and possibly living no longer then 100 years old, I will collapse in the end yet god continues into infinity, so I will be left behind where I collapsed which is what will happen to you. I dropped the arrogance bro, I just submitted and surrendered ilahi been uma sheegi, He knows im genuine at least and acknowledge I am weak and limited and have nothing to offer but what I can offer is being humble and saying I WILL LET U DECIDE, I won't DESCRIBE what u will decide, I won't TELL U ANYTHING. It's not my place too and thru this I am humble soul, a flawed soul, yes but a DAMN HUMBLE ONE and that's all I GOT. You however are an arrogant soul who wont recognize his flaws and then tries to revert to dogma, rituals, and worship as if it will solve this dead heart of yours but it never will. U need to solve the dead heart first and everything after that is your own volition u come to peace with god and start to mock and joke around with these other clowns like yourself and salafist!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
anyways i consider dr. osman a hate preacher. you just condemned me and insulted me and accused me of all types of shit. just becuz i disagreed with you. im never going to comment or reply to anything you post anymore. this guy responds to criticism with hate preaching.

No bro I am playing with u, I am doing this bro so other Somalis wake up. Bro I dont hate u, I was were you were trust me and I cant hate what I was before but I have to use tough language to wake u up and tell u to drop the arrogance, the pride the dogma, the rituals, the worship, the charity your running away from the fact you are a dead heart and cant walk thru two lions and trust in god. Untill u address this, everything u do afterwards is pointless and chasing and endless rope and u will collapse at the age of 100 maximum cuz ur limited and god continues on without you. Ur left behind sxb in the devil playground

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Reer Bari u will come to peace one day when u realize there is nothing u can do and anything u can do will always fall short. Even if you think something is good will turn out bad cause your not perfection yourself and it will lead to another hole or some dissatification. That's why the quran says thinks like u dont wants good for you, cuz anything u think about after a certain time period u will get bored of it cuz U created it thru your desires. Your desires says you want raaxo and janno but u will get there and eventually get bored cuz it came from your mind. Go do raaxo, lets lock u on an island give u everything u want and u stay there for a million years, eventually u will say 'wats the point of this' it will be in your heart that ur just DISTRACTING YOURSELF constantly with doing things cuz u dont know the point. The point is god, god isnt anywhere there is desires, needs, only satan is for he uses these to distract u from the ultimate purpose GOD who closes all that and all ur desires and needs combine into one full outcome cuz u got a purpose now. Now u know why ur sitting there on the beach and relaxing or why ur in hell burning, u know the reason and it wont hurt as much anymore.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am still stuck with gravity anigu. Even comparing it to my spit would mean it's a comparison against something physical when gravity itself isn't physical, it's something we observe and it's invisible but we know it's there due it's effects which keeps things in our universe and ourselves stable. My spit has a body and it's made up of something which we can actually measure. Maybe we can measure gravity by it's effect, mmmmmmmm that's another way of looking at it. You can measure my emotions by the effect it has on me, u know I am crying sure u can count the tears the physical aspects but the effect it has on me like it isolates me or withdraws me from society is an effect. So I guess u can measure physically something and also at the same measure the effects something has.

WTF WRONG THREAD..RACING THOUGHTS, SENT ME IN HERE. It always happen to me and I get clumsy in life like that even doing basic stuff when the thoughts happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending