Digital Book launch of "Black Nomad - Dhimashada caqliga {Mental Death}"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
Greetings Fellow Somali's,

I've recently self-published my first digital book.

Book title: Black Nomad: Dhimashada caqliga {Mental Death}

Book abstract:
This book examines the public education system of the city of Toronto with a qualitative and ethnographic lens. In the first few chapters, the author utilizes his own experiences as a Black-Somali-Canadian to critically examine the anti-black-racism that pervades the city of Toronto. Using various conceptual frameworks, this book contends that the public education system of Toronto reproduces the practice of anti-black racism by committing structural violence against black students. Then, it discloses the methods via which school employees are intimidated and enticed to comply with the structural violence, that they witness in their schools. Additionally, this text unveils and unpacks two peculiar paradoxes [the paradox of the ‘Condemned creeds’ and the paradox of ‘rebellion’] that safeguard and strengthen the practices of structural violence and anti-black racism. In the final chapters, the text explores the role of gender as it relates to school-based structural violence; and it discusses why practices such as anti-black racism and structural violence are currently treated as necessary and beneficial.

You can read the whole book online for free here:
https://issuu.com/mahad.m.hori/docs/black_nomad_-_mental_death

And you can read it online or download it here: http://www.academia.edu/32804831/Black_Nomad_Dhimashada_caqliga_Mental_Death_

Long live the dervish dream,

Mahad.M.Hori

Mashallah i'll definitely read it when i get the time to do so

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
I wanted to do it. But i got lazy. I'll get to it soon inshallah.

I need help with marketing tho, so if you any Marketing Guru's then send them my way . .
Amazon will give it more credence and is the most important self promotion. I'll help you spread it once you get upload it.

SuldaanGuled

Thanks a ton. And please share it with your networks.

Bless up.

will do walaal
How did you manage to get it digitalised and was it expensive ? i'm asking as i want to write a booklet sometime in the near future. So if you got any advise etc let me know inshallah

Madara x

Sleep soundly
will do walaal
How did you manage to get it digitalised and was it expensive ? i'm asking as i want to write a booklet sometime in the near future. So if you got any advise etc let me know inshallah

After i finished designing and editing it. I turned it into a pdf document. Then I Created a book cover.

And then the rest is simple, you just upload your finished pdf document, with book cover, to self-publishing websites.

I just winged it, but you should get some help if you want your booklet to be a top-notch document.

The process is simple. Very simple.

SuldaanGuled

After i finished designing and editing it. I turned it into a pdf document. Then I Created a book cover.

And then the rest is simple, you just upload your finished pdf document, with book cover, to self-publishing websites.

I just winged it, but you should get some help if you want your booklet to be a top-notch document.

The process is simple. Very simple.

Mahadsanid walaal

Bro somalis don't even have work ethic. I never seen somali dudes working a 9-5 throughout highschool. All they wanted to do was play ball, smoke geedo and wus oyin(basically be ). How come pakis, sri lankans, tamils and to an extent jamaicans were able to succeed while being born and raised in Toronto ghettos, yet somalis trailed behind and had the highest drop out rate in the Toronto district school board. Then the district school board wanted to start a programme to help these at risk students, and the somali community cried racism :heh:.

This.

Somalis have transitioned themselves into "The New Adoons". They've abandoned the honorable "Geeljire Miyi" culture which instilled hard work and ambition for the adoon qashin "Wagwan Mi Name is Juuuuuuulius" culture.

Bro somalis don't even have work ethic. I never seen somali dudes working a 9-5 throughout highschool. All they wanted to do was play ball, smoke geedo and wus oyin(basically be ). How come pakis, sri lankans, tamils and to an extent jamaicans were able to succeed while being born and raised in Toronto ghettos, yet somalis trailed behind and had the highest drop out rate in the Toronto district school board. Then the district school board wanted to start a programme to help these at risk students, and the somali community cried racism :heh:.
The thing is the other groups like Tamils and Jamaicans are still doing crime but they're organized as a community. Somalis aren't even good at being criminals tbh.

I know for Tamil families they don't give a shit if their kids get into crime as long as they're bringing in money. Even the parents get into shit like fraud and identity theft :mjlol:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
This.

Somalis have transitioned themselves into "The New Adoons". They've abandoned the honorable "Geeljire Miyi" culture which instilled hard work and ambition for the adoon qashin "Wagwan Mi Name is Juuuuuuulius" culture.

What we've abandoned, we must re-discover and re-instill in ourselves, and in those who are yet to come.

But to do that, we must know what type of situation we are in; only then can we prison-break our minds.

To shed light on the type of situation that we are in, is the purpose of this book.

Acquiring Knowledge is the first step, reflecting on the information is the second, acting with the info is the third.

Knowledge changes situations.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
The thing is the other groups like Tamils and Jamaicans are still doing crime but they're organized as a community. Somalis aren't even good at being criminals tbh.

I know for Tamil families they don't give a shit if their kids get into crime as long as they're bringing in money. Even the parents get into shit like fraud and identity theft :mjlol:

Going against the system, is never something to be proud about.

Only those who have been blocked from entering through the front door, must go through the back door.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Bro this is good why would u give it away for free? People don't respect free stuff, you have to sell it, I'd buy it asap.

Honestly, i benefited a lot from free educational stuff online. This is my way of giving back.
So, if others benefit and gain insight, from the fruits of my labor, then that is payment enough.

Whether people respect free stuff or not is really inconsequential, because this book is really not for everyone; it's only for those who are meant to read it. My task is to make it accessible for those who are curious and already full of questions.
And they, who are meant to read it, will consume it simply because it was their destiny.

Going against the system, is never something to be proud about.

Only those who have been blocked from entering through the front door, must go through the back door.
Almost every marginalized immigrant group started by doing "questionable" acts to get ahead in society since they were blocked off from succeeding through conventional means by the dominant group.

The ones that became successful primarily focused on opening businesses that catered to their ethnic communities and in return members of that ethnic group would support them by buying from them.

Even though the quality may be inferior or the price is a bit more expensive, it is important to keep the money circulating within the community in order to raise the entire community economically.

The key for Somalis in the West isn't to go with the system or against it. But it is to be able create our own system where we can make our own rules based on our own values.

Trying to run our affairs according to the present system will only keep us in a subordinate position since we are playing by their rules. The result will always be rigged against us.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Almost every marginalized immigrant group started by doing "questionable" acts to get ahead in society since they were blocked off from succeeding through conventional means by the dominant group.

The ones that became successful primarily focused on opening businesses that catered to their ethnic communities and in return members of that ethnic group would support them by buying from them.

Even though the quality may be inferior or the price is a bit more expensive, it is important to keep the money circulating within the community in order to raise the entire community economically.

The key for Somalis in the West isn't to go with the system or against it. But it is to be able create our own system where we can make our own rules based on our own values.

Trying to run our affairs according to the present system will only keep us in a subordinate position since we are playing by their rules. The result will always be rigged against us.

ALL that you've said is true. Literally everything is correct. But i have some questions, other than the "buy black sell black" strategy, how do we create our own systems that are based on our own values? What exactly are these values? And why don't these systems already exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts