Difference between Puntland and Khatland in terms of roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Puntland is doing OK in terms of roads relative to Somaliland, but it has a long-way to go in respect to other countries in the region. We are doing OK in comparison to SL in terms of water in our cities and rural areas. Garowe is run purely on solar/wind technology today so our energy is far cleaner and modern. Education from primary to secondary, we have an over-all better curriculum and standard.

Universities though, I have my doubts in term's of it's quality in Puntland and there has been no government university reforms done in Puntland so it's heavily privatized which usually isn't good in my book. We will see if Maakhir university breaks the trend and delivers the region a respectable institution.

However I still feel SL diaspora are far more active then Puntlanders in term of investments into it's respective towns. Most of Puntland is built by local investors, the diaspora percentage is relatively very small but it has been growing in recent years though. Most Puntland diaspora focus on lifting up the standards of the people health, infrastructure, education, etc. Their not very strong in the private investment in my opinion, maybe some disagree.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
There is different narratives taking place in PL/SL. SL is focusing on luring it's diaspora to build the city and make it flashy, where-as PL is luring it's diaspora to focus on essentials for the people like health, water, roads, education. That is what explains in my view why the 'base' of puntlanders are increasing higher then say other regions.

I think the GOVT should pressure the diaspora business-men to start contributing to private investments more in my view, they are sorely lacking in my opinion. I hope the next president focuses on bringing back as many business-men from Puntland in the diaspora and start telling them the sectors we need built.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is far more common in PL then SL. The PL diaspora at the people level doing people based projects to live up the people lives across many areas like education, health, roads, water, job creation. Our diaspora are excellent at this level in comparison to other Somalis. But I FEEL our diaspora elites especially our business-men are far less active then their counterparts. Our local business-men are probably the strongest though in Somalia. What you see in Mog-hargeisa-Bosaso is different business narratives.

Bosaso locals are competing against Hargeisa-Mogadishu who are hugely diaspora business men now. If we added our Diaspora business men into the mix, PL would be definitely leading in my book because even our local business can put a good fight and challenge to your local/diaspora business men working your cities in hargeisa and mogadishu.

PL is only using half it's business power(locals) where-as Hargeisa/Mog are using the full business power(locals/diaspora) together. So Puntland should show Somalia how strong our cities can be if our local business-men and diaspora business men work together which isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts