DIASPORA HISTORY: Somalis from Scandinavia/Holland in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
How come so many Somalis left the Netherlands and Scandinavia to settle in the UK?

Good question.

My family moved to UK from Scandinavia in 2004 and moved back 2 yrs later.

Family decided it had better opportunities, there was the view that UK had better opportunities. And to keep the religion, Scandinavia is very liberal.

It turned out UK was worse, crime and gangs. Schools were bad. There was and atmosphere of pessimism.

Now we know Norway is best.

In the Netherlands ,it is harder to open up a business, you have to go through a lot of bureaucracy unlike the UK where it is much easier plus racism was in the rise among politicians. Plus benefits are better here I believe.

Schooling is better over in Scandinavia, however it is harder to get jobs compared to the UK I believe.

My parent moved to Mombasa before the civil war. My father told me that soo many Benadiris were doing so.
My family moved to the UK in 2000 though.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
@Molotoff
Having lived in both Scandinavia and the UK I can say the standard of living is better in the UK (outside London). Also the uk is more tolerant and loves diversity. :banderas:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I seen dudes speaking Dutch or whatever the language is in the neathelands on here a coupe times.

I tried to read wat they were saying.

Sounded like hieroglyphics.

They probably left because the language is bizarre as hell. Y’all mfs speaking alien.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
I seen dudes speaking Dutch or whatever the language is in the neathelands on here a coupe times.

I tried to read wat they were saying.

Sounded like hieroglyphics.

They probably left because the language is bizarre as hell. Y’all mfs speaking alien.

You are confusing it with Danish/Norwegian/Swedish. As far as I know Dutch doesn’t have symbols in its alphabet.

Good question.

My family moved to UK from Scandinavia in 2004 and moved back 2 yrs later.

Family decided it had better opportunities, there was the view that UK had better opportunities. And to keep the religion, Scandinavia is very liberal.

It turned out UK was worse, crime and gangs. Schools were bad. There was and atmosphere of pessimism.

Now we know Norway is best.
They clearly were right about the religion thing :francis:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Forget the somalis. @Molotoff tell us about YOUR qaxooti story.
I assume your family came during the bosnian war?

No. My grandparents (fathers side) came from what was then Yugoslavia to work in the booming Swedish industry. Both my dad and I were born here. My mom came here in the early 70's, 2 years old. Her parents (my maternal grandparents) came to work as well
Forget the somalis. @Molotoff tell us about YOUR qaxooti story.
I assume your family came during the bosnian war?

Nope. My family came in the early 70's from what was then Yugoslavia.

No. My grandparents (fathers side) came from what was then Yugoslavia to work in the booming Swedish industry. Both my dad and I were born here. My mom came here in the early 70's, 2 years old. Her parents (my maternal grandparents) came to work as well

Nope. My family came in the early 70's from what was then Yugoslavia.
Hmm interesting. So youve managed to preserve your bosnian culture so far?
Are there alot of bosnians in scandinavia? Do they share a similar story to yours?

Also, have bosnians in the west returned to bosnia now? Do you intend to return permanently? Why or why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending