HISTORY Detailed history of Dhandame and it’s significance explained by Ugaas Sahal

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You made me so jealous 🤣. I can’t believe you have been there. No surprise though because you hail from the same general region. Hasn’t the Ethiopian government not invested in the region’s tourism? I see videos of white peoples travelling to the region to observe the wildlife and those Jurassic park looking stones at the valley of marvels.

You made me so jealous 🤣. I can’t believe you have been there. No surprise though because you hail from the same general region. Hasn’t the Ethiopian government not invested in the region’s tourism? I see videos of white peoples travelling to the region to observe the wildlife and those Jurassic park looking stones at the valley of marvels.

That was the intention. Humble bragging 😂 Unlike Somalia, we didn't chase away our exotic animals away with wars 🤣

The wildlife is one of the main tourist destination in (eastern) Ethiopia. And they have invested heavily in PR to increase visitors. However, it's been neglected for quite some time management-wise, especially lack of preservation of their natural habitat due to environmental/human disruption and a need to improve infrastructure to adjust for visitors. Otherwise it's a decent site.

The gov't have promised to invest in the reconstruction of the area together with international animal organizations. Hopefully it happens soon.

I struggled with the Northern dialect. Lol
It's interesting the clothing and buildings remind me of Koonfur.
I said Hawiye were farmers going back centuries!

Dakata where the Imam had his home is Dhandhame district. Also, Hobat is in that district. It also has a border with where Hawiya is buried in Qundhura (Kundudo)

It’s summit lies east of the walled city of Harar with a height of nearly 3,000 metres. Here you will find the oldest pack of feral horses in Africa. It’s believed to have been left behind by Adalite soldiers. Today the place is visited by tourist from all across Ethiopian aswel as people from outside.

Last edited:
The resources and minerals of Reer Dhandhame of Babile district follow the industrial pattern of their brothers down the Imi (Imey) corridor and further stream to Galgaduud and the Banaadir. Imey was the biggest commercial town north of the Shabelle river in the 19th century. It was where Somalis bordered and traded with Oromiya like the Borana ivory trade in the Genale Juba areas of Luuq Gedood.

In central Somalia we have reserves of Gold, Uranium, Sepiolite, Salt and Ceramics. Adjacent to our settlements here are offshore coastal oil fields. According to this study we were trading these resources since the time of Ajuran.

There is also a swathe of these exact minerals and resources in our southern areas alongside our agriculture and offshore oil and solar power.

The quantity and quality of our industries has the potential to take Somalia out of poverty. Elon Mask will be an El Bur customer for electric batteries and hydrocarbon biofuel.

@Natalie @GaradShabeel
@Chaseyourdreamzz

The resources and minerals of Reer Dhandhame of Babile district follow the industrial pattern of their brothers down the Imi (Imey) corridor and further stream to Galgaduud and the Banaadir. Imey was the biggest commercial town north of the Shabelle river in the 19th century. It was where Somalis bordered and traded with Oromiya like the Borana ivory trade in the Genale Juba areas of Luuq Gedood.

View attachment 286541

View attachment 286542

In central Somalia we have reserves of Gold, Uranium, Sepiolite, Salt and Ceramics. Adjacent to our settlements here are offshore coastal oil fields. According to this study we were trading these resources since the time of Ajuran.

View attachment 286544
View attachment 286543

View attachment 286545

View attachment 286546

View attachment 286548

There is also a swathe of these exact minerals and resources in our southern areas alongside our agriculture and offshore oil and solar power.

View attachment 286547

The quantity and quality of our industries has the potential to take Somalia out of poverty. Elon Mask will be an El Bur customer for electric batteries and hydrocarbon biofuel.

@Natalie @GaradShabeel
@Chaseyourdreamzz

Really interesting to read. We have a great opportunity here.
Let's hope we can capitalise off these resources in the coming decades.

Trending