Deforestation in Somalia

Somalia's trees are growing less and less by the day and not much is being done about it!! On top of this my mom told me if you plant a tree in Somalia some superstitious locals will chase you.:gucciwhat:
https://www.earthshare.org/treebene...te,9 Flood Control. ... 10 Wildlife Habitat.
Do they not know trees bring fresh clean air and water and and reduce Carbon Dioxide!!! At this rate Somalia will become a desert:jcoleno:
(I don't really know what he's saying but it something about deforestation)
Alhamdullilah their trying to raise awareness and this one politician (forgot his name) was urging all somalis to plant a tree:rejoice:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Somalia is not a desert Southern Somalia has lots of greenery ( etc: Jubaland has lots of greenery with a river called juba river) there are many places that have lots of greenery only up up north is a desert and it still has some trees.
Where I'm from waqoyi its a desert 🏜 but south might be different thanks for information

nomadic pastoralists play a huge role in somalia's desertification they're the ones overgrazing and cutting down trees for fire wood. But thats what they gotta do to survive so i cant be upset. The government needs to invest in soil management, tree planting, water harvesting and agriculture and turn these nomads into farmers cultivating fruits and vegetables and owning more livestock that would improve food security and even the economy