Debunking common lies about Sub Saharan Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lie 1) “Africa has no civilisation or history”

This is an outrageous lie but it has been repeated so many times, people think its true.

The truth is Africa has had numerous civilizations and a long history. Examples:

• The Kingdom of Kongo
  • The Mali Empire
  • The Kingdom of Zimbabwe
  • Axum Empire
  • Benin Empire
  • Nok Civilisation
  • Kingdom of Kush
  • Songhai Empire
  • Land of Punt
And dozens more. And these were not “trading ports” like some claim, these were huge empires with great influence
7C0EDF07-2A11-4359-B76C-89D0CC93F79D.png

5EAC7A71-2F10-4E5C-BAF6-8364C7FD80FD.jpeg

E94592B2-53A9-4949-9BCE-1E5ABD4F1639.png

Lie 2) “Sub Saharan Africa has no written languages.”

Another outrageous lie. A simple google search can show you there were many written languages in SSA, including:

• Ge’ez Script
  • Nsibidi
  • Luo Script
  • Kaddare
  • Mwangwego Alphabet,
  • Mandombe Script,
  • Bamum,
  • Adlam Alphabet,
  • Bassa Alphabet,
  • N’ko
And dozens more. There are indigenous scripts in every African country. Just because they are no longer mostly in use does not mean they don’t exist.
FEC498D8-82C3-4532-8AD6-F85D8EEB07CD.jpeg

776A4B4E-26F2-44A3-8C2F-2C4F16A754C7.png

79AD0FA3-A17A-462E-BC8C-056F543EE83E.jpeg

Lie 3) “Africans did not invent/discover the wheel”

Here are Ancient Rock paintings in West Africa which depict the wheel from as far back as 2000 bc. The wheel was being used in Africa before Europe.
1E504F32-C00E-41D6-ABF3-18009299438F.jpeg

60E6127B-1BE7-4CAC-876B-A437BBCD5283.jpeg

Also, if we are being technical, the wheel was discovered only in Sumeria, Europeans cannot claim to have discovered it.

I’m not a Pan-Africanist. Just a proud African. And sick of seeing my continent being disrespected like this.

The most outrageous thing is, the average iq is 70 or something. I looked it up and 70 is mentally retarded. The average iq of the western world was far less than it is today, and it is rising with more educated people. If you claim iq is something that is constant, then how can you explain the 30 point rise? And the other thing is, africans are outbreeding the rest of the world. The fact is, africa for the most part is empty compared to the americas and the europe. The population of africa is 1.2b which is actually less than india and china. And we see that every african country is making children at a slower rate, because of better health, better economy, access to condoms and contraceptives.

You know, the most successful european countries today were more primitive than all of the civilisations you pointed out. And the reason why we know so little about most of the history in sub-saharan africa, is because the lack of writing. That means instances or historical facts were lost and forgotten after few generations.

Don't forget, we live in a euro-centric society. They don't give a shit about civilizations that didn't affect Europe or interact with the Europeans. That's why we hear so much talk about the European Middle Ages when they were quite easily the most stagnant period of human innovation in the last millennia.

World

VIP
Outside of the Sahel Zone and the Horn of Africa+Sudan, the rest of Africa was primitive without any civilisation or history.

The most outrageous thing is, the average iq is 70 or something. I looked it up and 70 is mentally retarded. The average iq of the western world was far less than it is today, and it is rising with more educated people. If you claim iq is something that is constant, then how can you explain the 30 point rise? And the other thing is, africans are outbreeding the rest of the world. The fact is, africa for the most part is empty compared to the americas and the europe. The population of africa is 1.2b which is actually less than india and china. And we see that every african country is making children at a slower rate, because of better health, better economy, access to condoms and contraceptives.

You know, the most successful european countries today were more primitive than all of the civilisations you pointed out. And the reason why we know so little about most of the history in sub-saharan africa, is because the lack of writing. That means instances or historical facts were lost and forgotten after few generations.
The IQ thing is very insulting, and complete lies. They claim Somalis IQ is 68 and Africans as a whole are basically retarded and doomed to fail because of this.
But IQ rises as standards of living rise. Its called the Flynn effect. IQ in the West was below 100 like 40 years ago.
They also did studied on fostered kids and found that the ones who grew up with better/wealthier families had higher IQ’s than the ones who grew up in deprived families.

Outside of the Sahel Zone and the Horn of Africa+Sudan, the rest of Africa was primitive without any civilisation or history.
Complete lies. There were empires and civilisations all over West/Central/Southern Africa. The empire with the most amount of cities in Africa was in West Africa. All of Africa has a rich history.

The IQ thing is very insulting, and complete lies. They claim Somalis IQ is 68 and Africans as a whole are basically retarded and doomed to fail because of this.
But IQ rises as standards of living rise. Its called the Flynn effect. IQ in the West was below 100 like 40 years ago.
They also did studied on fostered kids and found that the ones who grew up with better/wealthier families had higher IQ’s than the ones who grew up in deprived families.
Yes, i know of that.

The thing is, we don't understand intelligence from a real scientific perspective, on how much is inherited genetically and how much of it is through enviromental factors. Of course the two have a part, that much we know, but we don't have enough data to say how much. Some believe that the majority of it is genetics, other say it is environment, and the most say it is both. I would be one of the ones that say gentics is max 30 pecent and the rest is nurture. You can have two seeds with a identical genetic makeup, if you then put them in two different soils, were one is put in good soil and the other one in bad soil. Both plants are going to look drastically different. The one with the bad soil is not going to look as healthy and strong as the one that was planted on the good soil, and will always end up producing bad fruit.

Last edited:

World

VIP
Complete lies. There were empires and civilisations all over West/Central/Southern Africa. The empire with the most amount of cities in Africa was in West Africa. All of Africa has a rich history.
There were no West African civilisations outside of the Sahel Zone. Central and Southern Africa has no history whatsoever.

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
There were no West African civilisations outside of the Sahel Zone. Central and Southern Africa has no history whatsoever.
there was actually this very rich west african muslim king bro. @911 prolly know. He did pilgrimage from West Africa all the way to Mecca.

Depends on how far back you want to go. If we are talking about 2000 years ago, then africa for the most part was empty, and the modern bantu that live in every corner today, only lived in west africa with a small populace. So it is not fair to say that they didn't have a civilisation, when in fact they didn't even have the numbers to form a significant group. Only the east and northern africa had significant populations to build cities and civilisations. And ofc not to forget the rivers and outside influence with other peoples to get inspiration and learn from each other technologically. West african bantu was too detached from the north and east so they didn't get the update on the newest farming techniques and so on.

Last edited:

Kratos

Sonder

This is an outrageous lie but it has been repeated so many times, people think its true.

The truth is Africa has had numerous civilizations and a long history. Examples:

• The Kingdom of Kongo
  • The Mali Empire
  • Axum Empire
  • Benin Empire
  • Nok Civilisation
  • Kingdom of Kush
  • Songhai Empire
  • Land of Punt
And dozens more. And these were not “trading ports” like some claim, these were huge empires with great influence
View attachment 61318
View attachment 61319
View attachment 61325

Another outrageous lie. A simple google search can show you there were many written languages in SSA, including:

• Ge’ez Script
  • Nsibidi
  • Luo Script
  • Kaddare
  • Mwangwego Alphabet,
  • Mandombe Script,
  • Bamum,
  • Adlam Alphabet,
  • Bassa Alphabet,
  • N’ko
And dozens more. There are indigenous scripts in every African country. Just because they are no longer mostly in use does not mean they don’t exist.
View attachment 61321
View attachment 61320
View attachment 61322

Here are Ancient Rock paintings in West Africa which depict the wheel from as far back as 2000 bc. The wheel was being used in Africa before Europe.
View attachment 61323
View attachment 61324
Also, if we are being technical, the wheel was discovered only in Sumeria, Europeans cannot claim to have discovered it.

I’m not a Pan-Africanist. Just a proud African. And sick of seeing my continent being disrespected like this.
Every single one of those scripts you mentioned were created in the 19th and 20th centuries except for Ge'ez and Nsibidi. That means that when the Europeans initially arrived in Africa, almost all of the continent below the Sahara didn't have a writing script.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

• The Kingdom of Kongo
  • The Mali Empire
  • Axum Empire
  • Benin Empire
  • Nok Civilisation
  • Kingdom of Kush
  • Songhai Empire
  • Land of Punt
View attachment 61318
View attachment 61319
View attachment 61325

• Ge’ez Script
  • Nsibidi
  • Luo Script
  • Kaddare
  • Mwangwego Alphabet,
  • Mandombe Script,
  • Bamum,
  • Adlam Alphabet,
  • Bassa Alphabet,
  • N’ko
View attachment 61321
View attachment 61320
View attachment 61322

View attachment 61323
View attachment 61324

I am sorry, i dont see Africans as having any form of civilization. Egypt is an exception because they are not really Africans. Bite me! :( L

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
East africans in modern ethiopia and chusitic speaking nubians had ancient civilisations.

Yep, a collective of Bantu Sultans and Fat Chieftans with shiny huts. Yeah! I want to be part of that great civilization huuno!
5560.jpg

Yes. East African Sultans claiming they are descendants of Arabian Peninsula, when in reality they are grand children of giriama mixed with 10th grands yemeni.
Woman! What the hell are you talking about? The girima are not our ancestors, and we are not a mix of them and one yemeni. We are strictly east african and nothing extra. If we go far back, we came down the levant and north africa along the nile and mixed with nilotic women. But that was really far back. No extra bantu dna

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Woman! What the hell are you talking about? The girima are not our ancestors, and we are not a mix of them and one yemeni. We are strictly east african and nothing extra. If we go far back, we came down the levant and north africa along the nile and mixed with nilotic women. But that was really far back. No extra bantu dna

I think our origins were Egyptians. I believe that. We have the long elongated necks that i see in statues like Queen Nefitititi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending