Day of Arafat is next week (day b4 Eid). Fast for 1 day and erase sins from last year and next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The Day of Arafat is on the day before Eid Al-Adha, which is next week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Arafah
Abu Qatada al-Ansari narrated that Muhammad was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah, whereupon he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year and the coming year. Also about fasting on the Ashura(10 Muharram) he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year.

In Sahih Muslim it was narrated from Aisha that Muhammad said:

'There is no day on which Allah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of Arafah. He comes close and expresses His fulfillment to the angels, saying, 'What do these people want?'

Sura 5 - Al Ma'idah - The Banquet Table
Verse 3
Allah said:
This day, those who cover over (the truth of God) have given up all hope of (destroying) your way of life. So don't be afraid of them; rather, fear only Me. This day, I have perfected your way of life for you, completed My favor upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your way of life.

The following are from the footnotes of The Meaning of the Holy Qur'an in Today's English by Sheikh Yahiya Emerick.

On the quoted [5:3]:
This was one of the last passages revealed to Prophet Muhammad, indicating that his ministry was coming at an end. The name of the religion, Islam, or surrender to God’s will, is given in this verse. It was revealed on a Friday during the Prophet’s Farewell Pilgrimage in the year 632 and recited to the gathered throng of 100,000 people on what is known as the Day of Arafat. While many Muslims were elated at this confident statement from God, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab began to weep openly. When the Prophet asked him why he was weeping, ‘Umar replied, “This verse seems to signal that your time in this world is drawing to a close. With the perfection of Islam, the need for a messenger has been fulfilled.” The Prophet replied in the affirmative. Eighty days later, the Prophet passed away, leaving ‘Umar distraught and despondent. Some years later, after ‘Umar had been elevated to the office of caliph, a Jewish man in Medina approached ‘Umar and said, “Leader of the Muslims, you recite a verse in your book that, if it were revealed to us, would have caused us to make that day a holiday.” Umar replied, “Which verse is that?” Then the Jew read this verse. ‘Umar exclaimed, “I swear to God that I know the day in which it was revealed to the Messenger and its hour. It was late in the daytime on the day of ‘Arafat on a Friday.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

On [62:11]:
The Prophet said, “The promised day is the Day of Resurrection. The witnessed day is the Day of Arafat, and the witness is Friday. The sun has neither risen nor set on a day better than it. There is a time (on Friday) in which a faithful servant who is praying to God for good will find God responding to him. If he seeks to be protected from something, God will keep him safe from it.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi)

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Ashura just erases the previous year's sins. It is projected to be on Friday, September 21 this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashura

The fasting is to commemorate the day when Moses and his followers were saved from Pharaoh by Allah by creating a path in the Red Sea, an event not recorded in independent sources. According to Muslim tradition, the Jews also fasted on the tenth day. According to Sunni Muslim tradition, Ibn Abbas narrates that Muhammad came to Medina and saw the Jews fasting on the tenth day of Muharram. He asked, "What is this?" They said, "This is a good day, this is the day when Allah saved the Children of Israel from their enemy and Musa (Moses) fasted on this day." He said, "We have more claim over Musa than you." So he fasted on the day and told the people to fast.

I'm a better person than you. My heart is cleaner and I sleep at night knowing if I died, I've died having a purpose on this earth.

I'm now discovering that there is different Qurans, missing verses, cancelled verses (aborrogation), editing, burning of earlier Qurans by Ibn Mas'ud and Ubayy Ibn Ka'b and discovery of manuscript, satanic verse referenced in the Quran and Hadith.

Even the two modern Qurans Warash/ Hafs differ enough there they present two mutually exclusively situations said by God, se Quran 21: 4.

There was even a Sahih system for Qurans in the same way as hadith, and what does that say about God's teksts, and why did he leave so much discretion to Uhtman?

Then there is the whole aspect of scientific islam being discredit,
see http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/does-the-quran-contain-scientific-miracles-a-new-approach/.

When taken the above mentioned into consideration I fear no intellectually honest person can help but doubt and research with an open mind, @Knowles.
What if that purpose is nothing more than delusion? :hmm:

Last edited:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
The Day of Arafat is on the day before Eid Al-Adha, which is next week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Arafah
Abu Qatada al-Ansari narrated that Muhammad was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah, whereupon he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year and the coming year. Also about fasting on the Ashura(10 Muharram) he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year.

In Sahih Muslim it was narrated from Aisha that Muhammad said:

'There is no day on which Allah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of Arafah. He comes close and expresses His fulfillment to the angels, saying, 'What do these people want?'

Sura 5 - Al Ma'idah - The Banquet Table
Verse 3

The following are from the footnotes of The Meaning of the Holy Qur'an in Today's English by Sheikh Yahiya Emerick.

On the quoted [5:3]:
This was one of the last passages revealed to Prophet Muhammad, indicating that his ministry was coming at an end. The name of the religion, Islam, or surrender to God’s will, is given in this verse. It was revealed on a Friday during the Prophet’s Farewell Pilgrimage in the year 632 and recited to the gathered throng of 100,000 people on what is known as the Day of Arafat. While many Muslims were elated at this confident statement from God, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab began to weep openly. When the Prophet asked him why he was weeping, ‘Umar replied, “This verse seems to signal that your time in this world is drawing to a close. With the perfection of Islam, the need for a messenger has been fulfilled.” The Prophet replied in the affirmative. Eighty days later, the Prophet passed away, leaving ‘Umar distraught and despondent. Some years later, after ‘Umar had been elevated to the office of caliph, a Jewish man in Medina approached ‘Umar and said, “Leader of the Muslims, you recite a verse in your book that, if it were revealed to us, would have caused us to make that day a holiday.” Umar replied, “Which verse is that?” Then the Jew read this verse. ‘Umar exclaimed, “I swear to God that I know the day in which it was revealed to the Messenger and its hour. It was late in the daytime on the day of ‘Arafat on a Friday.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

On [62:11]:
The Prophet said, “The promised day is the Day of Resurrection. The witnessed day is the Day of Arafat, and the witness is Friday. The sun has neither risen nor set on a day better than it. There is a time (on Friday) in which a faithful servant who is praying to God for good will find God responding to him. If he seeks to be protected from something, God will keep him safe from it.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi)
Inshallah all our fasts are accepted

Muji

VIP
I'm now discovering that there is different Qurans, missing verses, cancelled verses (aborrogation), editing, burning of earlier Qurans by Ibn Mas'ud and Ubayy Ibn Ka'b and discovery of manuscript, satanic verse referenced in the Quran and Hadith.

Even the two modern Qurans Warash/ Hafs differ enough there they present two mutually exclusively situations said by God, se Quran 21: 4.

There was even a Sahih system for Qurans in the same way as hadith, and what does that say about God's teksts, and why did he leave so much discretion to Uhtman?

Then there is the whole aspect of scientific islam being discredit,
see http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/does-the-quran-contain-scientific-miracles-a-new-approach/.

When taken the above mentioned into consideration I fear no intellectually honest person can help but doubt and research with an open mind, @Knowles.
What if that purpose is nothing more than delusion? :hmm:

Abayo if I didn’t know any better I would think you stepped up your leap into consciously assessing Islam when you heard of my return to Islam. Such a thought would be grotesquely self-indulgent so I shan’t entertain it further.

However, What if there are people who believe in faith and miracles and they don’t want to treat something that exists outside the realm of science with the same scientific vigour. If you succeeded in converting the Muslims here to atheism what would be gained? I’m sure most people find a sense of belonging and are given a deep purpose in life because of their religion.

Would you prefer it if we were painfully walking through the abyss like Apollo, with no deep sense of morality. At one moment describing Bantus as subhuman and anamilistic whilst leaching of the generosity of Germans.

Abayo if I didn’t know any better I would think you stepped up your leap into consciously assessing Islam when you heard of my return to Islam. Such a though would be grotesquely self-indulgent so I shan’t entertain it further.

However, What if there are people who believe in faith and miracles and they don’t want to treat something that exists outside the realm of science with the same scientific vigour. If you succeeded in converting the Muslims here to atheism what would be gained? I’m sure most people find a sense of belonging and are given a deep purpose in life because of their religion.

Would you prefer it if we were painfully walking through the abyss like Apollo, with no deep sense of morality. At one moment describing Bantus as subhuman and anamilistic whilst leaching of the generosity of Germans.

I do not mean harm, I in fact care about you and consider you my equal, and it is therefore I put in a effort to make you pounder so that you perhaps can aid me in quenching my doubts.

For the others I tend not to convert, but merely make the ask questions about what is truth and come to their own conclusions.

I'd argue that the objective morality of religion especially in the form of Islam is no better, it forces you to believe in sex slavery as moral, domestic violence as acceptable, and the death of apostates as just. What higher morality can this claim?

A rational based subjective morality with respect for the individual is what has gotten the West from the dark ages to ever more expanding rights, of which we all enjoy, and if this life is final, does it not give life more meaning, as you only have this chance to be a being?

Muji

VIP
I do not mean harm, I in fact care about you and consider you my equal, and it is therefore I put in a effort to make you pounder so that you perhaps can aid me in quenching my doubts.

For the others I tend not to convert, but merely make the ask questions about what is truth and come to their own conclusions.

I'd argue that the objective morality of religion especially in the form of Islam is no better, it forces you to believe in sex slavery as moral, domestic violence as acceptable, and the death of apostates as just. What higher morality can this claim?

A rational based subjective morality with respect for the individual is what has gotten the West from the dark ages to ever more expanding rights, of which we all enjoy, and if this life is final, does it not give life more meaning, as you only have this chance to be a being?

I see. I’m truly happy for you in your newly found beliefs and if this is something you want to explore further on this forum then I would encourage you to continue.

Did you find these articles about Islam and it’s scientific validity recently?

I see. I’m truly happy for you in your newly found beliefs and if this is something you want to explore further on this forum then I would encourage you to continue.

Did you find these articles about Islam and it’s scientific validity recently?

Yes, and at first they were the greatest cause for doubts. The article is in direct response to the authors over-reliance of the Quran's scientific facts in regards to embryology, where it was disproven see https://embryologyinthequran.blogspot.com/.

But now it is clear that most profound cause for doubt is how the Quran went from oral recitation to a written text, and all the human errors and problems a long the way. Essential the survival the word of God for all times was delegated to Zaid bin tsabits, and this leaves a significant element of human intervention. I shall study this more and bring you and others the result.

Muji

VIP
Yes, and at first they were the greatest cause for doubts. The article is in direct response to the authors over-reliance of the Quran's scientific facts in regards to embryology, where it was disproven see https://embryologyinthequran.blogspot.com/.

But now it is clear that most profound cause for doubt is how the Quran went from oral recitation to a written text, and all the human errors and problems a long the way. Essential the survival the word of God for all times was delegated to Zaid bin tsabits, and this leaves a significant element of human intervention. I shall study this more and bring you and others the result.

Please do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending