Dating/Chirpsing fellow Somali's

We were taught that Somali girls have sharaf, it's natural to feel uneasy around them if your intentions aren't honorable. Just flirt with them like you would any other girl, it's like they're a different species lol

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
You think its all easy talking to a female, when in fact, a simple adding a person on snap can make or break you. I have a younger cousin who lives with me who is scared to add a girl on snapchat, a Somali girl he knew for what 7 years, cause "he is afraid of rejection or being aired". Miskeenka cannot talk to a girl at all, no social skills out there. But when it comes to male friends, it is easy as a simple hi, or a football match. A combination of weirdness and social pressure.

This doesn't apply to everyone, I know a guy who has so much confidence in himself, that he is basically sharp as a knife. From a simple "hello" to 2 weeks later, "we are seeing each other".

Its funny that parents have that mentality now because back home and during our parents generation, it wasn't like that whatsoever. Shukaansi was normal. However, I think that its mostly because early marriages were encouraged, whereas now our mothers want to make sure we're clued up and educated before making a massive leap. I don't blame them. Many of them have learnt the hard way how relying on someone a 100% can cause all sorts of issues. However, I think a better approach is to encourage daughters to focus on school and to also look out for potientials. That will give them the confidence to get to know like-minded men instead of wondering how to find a partner when they're 25+.
Exactly! But what I find interesting is how most Somali girls who are marriage-minded only hang out with other girls. I'm like, "Well then, how are you going to find someone if you are with your homies 24/7?" I think, venturing out a bit is much better. Go to events alone (when the pandemic is over) and really put yourself out there. You can use social media as a tool too. Just understand that unless you have like-minded girls by your side (who will also attend events with you) you are on this journey of love by yourself.

We were taught that Somali girls have sharaf, it's natural to feel uneasy around them if your intentions aren't honorable. Just flirt with them like you would any other girl, it's like they're a different species lol

But so have the older gen and so have freshies back home. Yet they banter and shukansi each other with no hangups?

:cosbyhmm:

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Somalis shouldn't ever be focused on dating. We already have a romantic culture saxiib.
Instead - the people should refocuse by prioritizing other important needs to be taken care of.

That's why I said forget all the envy for a moment, alright?!

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
THIS SHOULD BE THE WINNER'S QUOTE OF THE YEAR!
Financial stability by having Education
tenor.gif

I'm 28 never dated Somali girls probably never will
How come? You're not attracted to them or just too apprehensive to approach?
But so have the older gen and so have freshies back home. Yet they banter and shukansi each other with no hangups?

:cosbyhmm:
Don't lump me in with OP and the other socially inept zoomers walal :whoa:

Freshies have to grow up quick and shoulder big-man responsibilities whilst their Western counter-parts were still trying to finger cadaan girls at school lol. The pressure/stress of being expected to contribute toward the household and put food on the table is nothing compared to flirting with random girls.

Somalis shouldn't ever be focused on dating. We already have a romantic culture saxiib.
Instead - the people should refocuse by prioritizing other important needs to be taken care of.

That's why I said forget all the envy for a moment, alright?!
I'm already doing that but what sprung the thought was a few older guys I play football with have kids with non-Somali women and it seems like a nightmare. If I don't change things, that'll be my reality lol

I am the same way. I dont talk to somali men at my work like I do with non somalis because somalis will judge you base you things you said out of boredom could get back to your parents. The most I say is salama alakim,see tahay etc that's it.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
I’ve tried with Somali guys but I click better and it feels more natural with ajnabi guys. I’d still ideally prefer to be with a Somali but beggars can’t be choosers..

Trending