Dating a Somali Woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a white man from Ohio.

I have questions regarding dating a Somali woman. Long story short, we talk on the phone, but, have had limited interactions in person, despite the fact that we work @ the same place, although different shifts, & we've never actually worked together.

After speaking on the phone twice, I found myself wanting to get to know her & spend time with her so, I asked her out. She seems a little apprehensive, but we still talk daily for a few hours a day. It's sort of like being in a long distance relationship.

She initiates the phone calls about half of the time, so I don't believe it's a one sided thing. We both seem to really enjoy speaking with each other & finding out about each other's day.

Is this a common thing? I understand dating isn't really a thing in Islam. I have a lot of respect for her & want to honor her culture & beliefs.

I hope no one finds this post inappropriate or disrespectful. I appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks!

You’ll be fine mate. Somali culture is very relaxed but I wouldn’t be surprised if her family are a bit hesitant with accepting a white man.

i dislike somalis marrying out of their somali race, but canadian somalis are a lost cause to me, also pretty sure you have to be muslim for that relationship to work

i dislike somalis marrying out of their somali race, but canadian somalis are a lost cause to me, also pretty sure you have to be muslim for that relationship to work
She asked if I would be willing to convert.

I guess what I'm asking is if it's common for a Somali woman dating a white man to be apprehensive about being together in public etc. I'm getting mixed signals. We don't see each other as often face to face, but, we talk every day for as long as two hours a day. It's like being in a long distance relationship.

I guess what I'm asking is if it's common for a Somali woman dating a white man to be apprehensive about being together in public etc. I'm getting mixed signals. We don't see each other as often face to face, but, we talk every day for as long as two hours a day. It's like being in a long distance relationship.
for the marriage to work she'd have to leave islam or you join it

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again

Normally it’s the man of a particular religion that asks the woman to convert, but this is a Somali female so I’m not suprised. But it’s either you convert and become a Muslim or she leaves Islam, If I was in your shoes I would ask if her father is in her life just in case you never know what could happen because the men are the one who ultimately decide who there daughter gets with, so no father more success of it working out in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending