Database of Somali names boys & girls

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Can someone pls tell me if the name “Sareedo” or maybe it’s “Sareetho” is Somali name and its meaning? I heard it once as a young girl in Somalia ages ago and it stuck with me for life! If I have daughter iA I wanna name her this.
It's an authentic Somali name. Very old school.
Sareedo= someone blessed, prosperous etc.
Sareed= male version

"Waligaa sareedo ku waar"
"Nabad iyo sareedo"
"Sareedo iyo barwaaqo"
"Nimco iyo sareedo"
Other names similar to Sareedo: Barwaaqo, Nimco(Arabic in origin), Qadan(also Arabic in origin), Hodan(wealthy, rich) etc.

Another similar sounding name:
Xareedo= rain water. Xareed= male version

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
At this point, we can just make up Somali names. Examples

Girls:
Raaliyo (Loyal)
Farxado (Happy)
Qarni (Century)
Baaliso (Something that has to do with flying)
Madaliso (Makes you forget)

I'm making up Somali names for my kids insha allah :salute:
-Raaliyo already exists.
-Farxado and Qarni are Arabic
-Baaliso=something to do with "feathers"
....Wuxu ma shimbir baa markaas?!:mugshotman:

-Madadaaliso* again, Arabic.

You have no talents for this. Leave the naming to the kids' mom/s.:icon lol::icon lol:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
-Raaliyo already exists.
-Farxado and Qarni are Arabic
-Baaliso=something to do with "feathers"
....Wuxu ma shimbir baa markaas?!:mugshotman:

-Madadaaliso* again, Arabic.

You have no talents for this. Leave the naming to the kids' mom/s.:icon lol::icon lol:

giphy.gif

Does the name Aden have a meaning Somali (heard it might mean 'to create' somewhere) or is it just some weird spelling of Adam?

Please, I need to know.

It's an authentic Somali name. Very old school.
Sareedo= someone blessed, prosperous etc.
Sareed= male version

"Waligaa sareedo ku waar"
"Nabad iyo sareedo"
"Sareedo iyo barwaaqo"
"Nimco iyo sareedo"
Other names similar to Sareedo: Barwaaqo, Nimco(Arabic in origin), Qadan(also Arabic in origin), Hodan(wealthy, rich) etc.

Another similar sounding name:
Xareedo= rain water. Xareed= male version

thanks! Didn’t see this! 🥰 I love this name and hope to name my daughter iA. I love old school names always have! 🙏🙏🙏

OMG I love Xareedo too, would it be weird to name your daughters sareedo and Xareedo? I want to iA revive old authentic names and create New trend iA.

Does the name Aden have a meaning Somali (heard it might mean 'to create' somewhere) or is it just some weird spelling of Adam?

Please, I need to know.

Tbh I think it’s just misspelling of Adam. We Somalis tend to Somalize Arab names like fadumo instead of Fatima etc.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
:cosbyhmm::francis: idk I already I have set of names I like and have picked out. None of the names in the OP stuck out to me.

Trending