Daily Ramadaan reflections

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Poets, May 17, 2018 at 12:57 PM.

1. Poets

Poets

Ratings:
    +394
    Ramadaan Mubaarak! I will in shaa Allaah post a verse and my reflections upon it every day during Ramadaan. Each day a verse from a new Juz’. I would appreciate if you could participate so we all gain much needed spiritual connection to the Qur’aan in this blessed month!

First reflection of Juz’ 1: Surah Al-Baqarah, Aayah 45.

{وَاسْتَعِينُواْ بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلاَةِ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلاَّ عَلَى الْخَاشِعِينَ}

{And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah ]} (2:45)

The first part about seeking help through patience has been explained by the Taabi’i Mujaahid (student of Ibn ’Abbaas) as meaning ”seek help through fasting which is why the month of Ramadaan is known as the month of patience” (Tafsiir al-baghawi, my translation. Note: there are other explanations aswell.)

This is a month were only you and Allaah know you are truly fasting and hence abstaining from food, drink, and lust from dawn till dust. It takes an incredible amount of Sabr and patience which is why the reward is so great. Let’s make this month the month wherein we become true servants of Allah. Indeed, that is what will benefit us in this world and make us from the people of Jannah in the hereafter!

May Allaah forgive us for our sins and set us free from the Hell fire.

Ramadaan Mubaarak!

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Comewithrealness

Comewithrealness

Ratings:
    +275
    I said to them: “Ask forgiveness from your Lord; surely He is Most Forgiving. (71:10)

He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers (71:11)

Once during a famine Umar (RA) came out to invoke Allah for the rain and begged only forgiveness of Him. The people said: O commander of the faithful, you have not prayed for the rain. He replied: I have knocked at the doors of heaven wherefrom the rain is sent down, and then he recited these verses of Surah Nooh to them. (Ibn Jarir, Ibn Kathir). Likewise, when in the assembly of Hasan Basri, a person complained of drought, he said to him “Beg forgiveness of Allah.” Another person complained of poverty, a third one said that he was not being blessed with children, a fourth one said that his harvest had failed, and he continued to remind everyone to beg forgiveness of Allah. The people asked: How is it that you have suggested to all the people one and the same cure for the different complaints? He in response recited these verses of Surah Nooh to them. (Al-Kashshaf).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Poets

Poets

Ratings:
    +394
    Juz' 2: Surah Al-Baqarah, Aayah 185

{شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِيَ أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَى وَالْفُرْقَانِ فَمَن شَهِدَ مِنكُمُ الشَّهْرَ فَلْيَصُمْهُ وَمَن كَانَ مَرِيضًا أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِّنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ يُرِيدُ اللّهُ بِكُمُ الْيُسْرَ وَلاَ يُرِيدُ بِكُمُ الْعُسْرَ وَلِتُكْمِلُواْ الْعِدَّةَ وَلِتُكَبِّرُواْ اللّهَ عَلَى مَا هَدَاكُمْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ}

"The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful" [2:185]

This month is the very month in which the Qur'aan was revealed, which is why the Prophet [​IMG] used to put much emphasis on it this month. Some scholars of the first generations used to completely stop whatever subjects their were teaching in order to spend as much time as possible on Allahs words. Let us follow in their foot steps and create a connection to the Qur'aan this month. There is no better time for it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Poets

Poets

Ratings:
    +394
    Juz' 3: Surah Al-Baqarah, Aayah 286

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَآ أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ}

[Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. "Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people."] (2:286)

Subxaana Allah! This religion has made it challenging but not anywhere near impossible. If there is something we're unable to do, Allaah says it is not taken into account. The elderly, the sick, the women bearing children etc are all extempt from fasting to avoid unbearable hardship, by the mercy of Allaah.

Ibn 'Abbaas narrated that "When this verse was sent down: [...
    Whether you show what is within yourselves or conceal it, Allah will bring you to account for it...] something entered their (the Sahaaba) hearts (of fear) which had never entered before. The Prophet [​IMG] then said: "Say: we have heard, obeyed, and submitted". (Ibn 'Abbaas) said: Allaah then instilled faith in their heart and sent down the verse:

Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. "Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred.

(Allaah) said: I have indeed done it.

Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us.

(Allaah) said: I have indeed done it.

and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector

(Allaah) said: I have indeed done it

(Saxiix Muslim, The book of Faith, No. 126)

• Love Love x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted