Daily Ramadaan reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramadaan Mubaarak! I will in shaa Allaah post a verse and my reflections upon it every day during Ramadaan. Each day a verse from a new Juz’. I would appreciate if you could participate so we all gain much needed spiritual connection to the Qur’aan in this blessed month!

First reflection of Juz’ 1: Surah Al-Baqarah, Aayah 45.

{وَاسْتَعِينُواْ بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلاَةِ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلاَّ عَلَى الْخَاشِعِينَ}

{And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah ]} (2:45)

The first part about seeking help through patience has been explained by the Taabi’i Mujaahid (student of Ibn ’Abbaas) as meaning ”seek help through fasting which is why the month of Ramadaan is known as the month of patience” (Tafsiir al-baghawi, my translation. Note: there are other explanations aswell.)

This is a month were only you and Allaah know you are truly fasting and hence abstaining from food, drink, and lust from dawn till dust. It takes an incredible amount of Sabr and patience which is why the reward is so great. Let’s make this month the month wherein we become true servants of Allah. Indeed, that is what will benefit us in this world and make us from the people of Jannah in the hereafter!

May Allaah forgive us for our sins and set us free from the Hell fire.

Ramadaan Mubaarak!

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
I said to them: “Ask forgiveness from your Lord; surely He is Most Forgiving. (71:10)

He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers (71:11)

Once during a famine Umar (RA) came out to invoke Allah for the rain and begged only forgiveness of Him. The people said: O commander of the faithful, you have not prayed for the rain. He replied: I have knocked at the doors of heaven wherefrom the rain is sent down, and then he recited these verses of Surah Nooh to them. (Ibn Jarir, Ibn Kathir). Likewise, when in the assembly of Hasan Basri, a person complained of drought, he said to him “Beg forgiveness of Allah.” Another person complained of poverty, a third one said that he was not being blessed with children, a fourth one said that his harvest had failed, and he continued to remind everyone to beg forgiveness of Allah. The people asked: How is it that you have suggested to all the people one and the same cure for the different complaints? He in response recited these verses of Surah Nooh to them. (Al-Kashshaf).

Juz' 2: Surah Al-Baqarah, Aayah 185

{شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِيَ أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَى وَالْفُرْقَانِ فَمَن شَهِدَ مِنكُمُ الشَّهْرَ فَلْيَصُمْهُ وَمَن كَانَ مَرِيضًا أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِّنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ يُرِيدُ اللّهُ بِكُمُ الْيُسْرَ وَلاَ يُرِيدُ بِكُمُ الْعُسْرَ وَلِتُكْمِلُواْ الْعِدَّةَ وَلِتُكَبِّرُواْ اللّهَ عَلَى مَا هَدَاكُمْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ}

"The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful" [2:185]

This month is the very month in which the Qur'aan was revealed, which is why the Prophet
saws.gif
used to put much emphasis on it this month. Some scholars of the first generations used to completely stop whatever subjects their were teaching in order to spend as much time as possible on Allahs words. Let us follow in their foot steps and create a connection to the Qur'aan this month. There is no better time for it.

Juz' 3: Surah Al-Baqarah, Aayah 286

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَآ أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ}

[Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. "Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people."] (2:286)

Subxaana Allah! This religion has made it challenging but not anywhere near impossible. If there is something we're unable to do, Allaah says it is not taken into account. The elderly, the sick, the women bearing children etc are all extempt from fasting to avoid unbearable hardship, by the mercy of Allaah.

Ibn 'Abbaas narrated that "When this verse was sent down: [...
Whether you show what is within yourselves or conceal it, Allah will bring you to account for it...] something entered their (the Sahaaba) hearts (of fear) which had never entered before. The Prophet
saws.gif
then said: "Say: we have heard, obeyed, and submitted". (Ibn 'Abbaas) said: Allaah then instilled faith in their heart and sent down the verse:

Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. "Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred.

(Allaah) said: I have indeed done it.

Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us.

(Allaah) said: I have indeed done it.

and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector

(Allaah) said: I have indeed done it

(Saxiix Muslim, The book of Faith, No. 126)

Juz' 4: Suurah Aal 'Imraan, Aayah 159

فَبِمَا رَحْمَةٍ مِّنَ اللّهِ لِنتَ لَهُمْ وَلَوْ كُنتَ فَظًّا غَلِيظَ الْقَلْبِ لاَنفَضُّواْ مِنْ حَوْلِكَ فَاعْفُ عَنْهُمْ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لَهُمْ وَشَاوِرْهُمْ فِي الأَمْرِ فَإِذَا عَزَمْتَ فَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللّهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُتَوَكِّلِينَ

So by mercy from Allah, [O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah . Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him]. [3:159]

The ultimate motive for fasting is to attain Taqwa. One cannot possibly attain Taqwa, ie fear Allaah's wrath by abandoning the 'Haraam and fulfilling what is Waajib or obligatory, without having a clean heart. Even the Prophet
saws.gif
who was the most beautiful of people is told that it is his lenience and soft heart that drew people to him. So let's purify our hearts, for verily if the heart is purified, then so will the body. And that's when we will reach the Taqwa for which the fasting is prescribed.

The Prophet
saws.gif
is reported to have said: "التقوى هاهنا، وأشار إلى صدره ثلاث مرات"

"'The Taqwa is located here', and he pointed to his chest three times".

Juz' 5: Suurah An-Nisaa, Aayah 82

أَفَلاَ يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللّهِ لَوَجَدُواْ فِيهِ اخْتِلاَفًا كَثِيرًا

Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction.

Allaah is shaming the non-believers for not contemplating and reflecting upon the Qur'aan. So how come many of us muslims rarely reflect upon it? Are we satisfied with this characteristic of the non-believers? If no, we still have the chance to connect to the Qur'aan. Specially in this blessed month wherein the Qur'aan was revealed. Its recitation and reflection upon it yields in much more reward than in other months. So take a few minutes out of your day today and reflect upon the verser of our creator.

May Allaah make the Qur'aan the spring of our hearts.

Aamiin

Juz' 6: Suurah Al-Maa'idah, Aayah 50

أَفَحُكْمَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ يَبْغُونَ وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ مِنَ اللّهِ حُكْمًا لِّقَوْمٍ يُوقِنُونَ

"Then is it the judgement of [the time of] ignorance they desire? But who is better than Allah in judgement for a people who are certain [in faith]." [5:50]

Allaah created us and now our abilities better than we know. He will judge us on the Last Day, and those whom will live in eternal bliss after that last judgement are those that abided by His judgements in this world.

May Allaah let us enter Jannah without reckoning nor punishment. Aamiin

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
“So (it will be). And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”

[al-Dhukhaan 44:54] :lawd:

(Sahih International)
My Lord, You have given me [something] of sovereignty and taught me of the interpretation of dreams. Creator of the heavens and earth, You are my protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die a Muslim and join me with the righteous."

-Sura Yusuf, Ayah 101

Juz' 7: Suurah Al-An'aam, Aayah 59

--------------------------------------------------------------------

وَعِندَهُ مَفَاتِحُ الْغَيْبِ لاَ يَعْلَمُهَا إِلاَّ هُوَ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِي الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ وَمَا تَسْقُطُ مِن وَرَقَةٍ إِلاَّ يَعْلَمُهَا وَلاَ حَبَّةٍ فِي ظُلُمَاتِ الأَرْضِ وَلاَ رَطْبٍ وَلاَ يَابِسٍ إِلاَّ فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ

And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him. And He knows what is on the land and in the sea. Not a leaf falls but that He knows it. And no grain is there within the darknesses of the earth and no moist or dry [thing] but that it is [written] in a clear record.

Allaahs knowledge is encompassing and complete. A reminder that whatever difficulties we face, Allaah already knew it and had a plan for it, which is why a believers heart is at rest. But it is also a reminder that if we cross the line with regards to the boundaries of our religion, then Allaah is aware of it and will compensate us accordingly. Choose your actions wisely.

May Allaah increase us in beneficial knowledge. Aamiin

Juz' 8: Suurah Al-Ancaam, Aayah 160

-----------------------------------------------------------------

مَن جَاء بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَلَهُ عَشْرُ أَمْثَالِهَا وَمَن جَاء بِالسَّيِّئَةِ فَلاَ يُجْزَى إِلاَّ مِثْلَهَا وَهُمْ لاَ يُظْلَمُونَ

Whoever comes [on the Day of Judgement] with a good deed will have ten times the like thereof [to his credit], and whoever comes with an evil deed will not be recompensed except the like thereof; and they will not be wronged.

The reward of a good deed is, at the very least, tenfold the deed itself. As our Prophet
saws.gif
have clarified, a good deed is multiplied from ten times up to 700 times and more.

"In a narration by Al-Bukhari, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Allah says: '(The person observing Saum) has abstained from food and drink, and sexual pleasures for My sake; fasting is for Me, and I will bestow its reward. Every good deed has ten times its reward'.

The good deeds are even greater in reward this blessed month. One third is almost gone, let's make the most of the remaining days. They are indeed few.

Juz' 9: Suurah Al-Acraaf, Aayah 164

----------------------------------------------------------

وَإِذَ قَالَتْ أُمَّةٌ مِّنْهُمْ لِمَ تَعِظُونَ قَوْمًا اللّهُ مُهْلِكُهُمْ أَوْ مُعَذِّبُهُمْ عَذَابًا شَدِيدًا قَالُواْ مَعْذِرَةً إِلَى رَبِّكُمْ وَلَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَّقُونَ

And when a community among them said, "Why do you advise [or warn] a people whom Allah is [about] to destroy or to punish with a severe punishment?" they [the advisors] said, "To be absolved before your Lord and perhaps they may fear Him."

We may think that there is no chance a specific will return to their Lord in repetance in this world. But the hearts are not in our hands, their controller is Allaah. And he may make them into more humble ones than ours. Never despair from a person and continue to call to Islam.

unnamed.jpg

Nice reminder to keep your business to yourself :ufdup: i dont want to hear any more of your petty complaints this year. I am not God and will not tolerate you babies.

Juz' 10: Suurah At-Tawbah, Aayah 46

---------------------------------------------------------------

وَلَوْ أَرَادُواْ الْخُرُوجَ لأَعَدُّواْ لَهُ عُدَّةً وَلَكِن كَرِهَ اللّهُ انبِعَاثَهُمْ فَثَبَّطَهُمْ وَقِيلَ اقْعُدُواْ مَعَ الْقَاعِدِينَ

And if they had intended to go forth, they would have prepared for it [some] preparation. But Allah disliked their being sent, so He kept them back, and they were told, "Remain [behind] with those who remain."

Allaah is describing how the munaafiqiin that stayed back from the jihaad did not do so because of a legitimate excuse, because if they were truthful about following the Prophet
saws.gif
, they would have tried their best to be able to follow the troops. But not even trying shows their insincerity from the beginning.

Likewise, not trying to become a better muslim outwardly but still claiming ones heart is pure is an oxymoron, as the outward would be good if the inside was pure. Yes, you can have your difficulties. But not trying at all is a characteristic of the hypocrites. May Allaah never make us among them.
Aamiin

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
Surah ar- Rad , 25

“And those who break the Covenant of Allah, after its ratification, and sever that which Allah has commanded to be joined (i.e. they sever the bond of kinship and are not good to their relatives), and work mischief in the land, on them is the curse (i.e. they will be far away from Allah's Mercy), and for them is the unhappy (evil) home (i.e. Hell).” (Surah ar-Rad, 25)

Dont ever cut ties with your family and those near to you, it is one of the reason for Allah to withhold his blessings and even mercy from in this life and in this next.
One of your brothers rights over you is that you continue to speak to him, even if he dont want you to. Its your duty and his right for you to keep ties with him, no matter how much wrong he have done towards you. And vice-versa its your right that he keeps contact with you.
Brothers and sisters fear allah dont ever cut contact from one of your family members.

Juz' 11: Suurah At-Tawbah, Aayah 128

------------------------------------------------------------

لَقَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَا عَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you and to the believers is kind and merciful.

The best person to ever have set his foot on this earth. The Sayyid of all the children of Aadam. The last of the Prophets and the leader of the Messengers.

We cannot repay him,
saws.gif
, but we can do our best to follow in his foot steps and call with his call. May Allaahs mercy and peace be upon him,
saws.gif

Ya Allaah make us among the neighbours of the Prophet
saws.gif
in the highest of paradise. Aamiin

Last edited:
Juz' 12: Suurah Al-Hood, Aayah 6

--------------------------------------------------------

وَمَا مِن دَآبَّةٍ فِي الأَرْضِ إِلاَّ عَلَى اللّهِ رِزْقُهَا وَيَعْلَمُ مُسْتَقَرَّهَا وَمُسْتَوْدَعَهَا كُلٌّ فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ

And there is no creature on earth but that upon Allah is its provision, and He knows its place of dwelling and place of storage. All is in a clear register.

"The recources on the earth are not enough to sustain such a large population growth, soomaaliyeey caruurta yareeya" inay been tahay maanta ha kuu caddaato. Allaah has promised that every single creature on earth will get its provision fully. We just have to walk the talk and work for the provision. The fact that we will find that provision is not in dispute. Trust your Creator.

Juz' 12: Suurah Al-Hood, Aayah 6

--------------------------------------------------------

وَمَا مِن دَآبَّةٍ فِي الأَرْضِ إِلاَّ عَلَى اللّهِ رِزْقُهَا وَيَعْلَمُ مُسْتَقَرَّهَا وَمُسْتَوْدَعَهَا كُلٌّ فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ

And there is no creature on earth but that upon Allah is its provision, and He knows its place of dwelling and place of storage. All is in a clear register.

"The recources on the earth are not enough to sustain such a large population growth, soomaaliyeey caruurta yareeya" inay been tahay maanta ha kuu caddaato. Allaah has promised that every single creature on earth will get its provision fully. We just have to walk the talk and work for the provision. The fact that we will find that provision is not in dispute. Trust your Creator.
Tell that to those complainers that say somalia has no resources and that the land is cursed and cannot provide the people with sustenance.

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
Tell that to those complainers that say somalia has no resources and that the land is cursed and cannot provide the people with sustenance.
You shouldn't be so loud about the resource ting otherwise ajnabis will find out and make the most out of it.

You shouldn't be so loud about the resource ting otherwise ajnabis will find out and make the most out of it.
True brother but as long as we younger folks go back and educate the next generation then the resources will be in good hands. We also need to strike up deals with key allies so that they can help us build up a sufficient army and after we get that army to protect our resources we go the israel route and trust no one.With farming, resources and standard education i foresee a good future for somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts