Cryptocurrency market trends I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Can I ask you which crypto you like?

Read this report to understand 2021 trends. It is written by the ''Bloomberg of Crypto''. They know their shit.

And here are my takes:

- Do not invest in altcoins with extremely low* market caps as they are subject to quick pump and dumps and price manipulation. *Low at the moment = under 1.5 billion, but what is considered 'low' changes depending on the overall market size.

- Look at the specific Altcoin vs BTC pair chart. If it has been losing value against bitcoin for a very long time, do not touch it. You are better off with bitcoin. Even if the alt gains against USD, you are losing value against bitcoin. When bitcoin goes into a bear market, that alt will lose value even faster.

- Look at the community supporting the coin. If it exists of lots of con artists, get-rich-quick newbies, and shills, then don't touch it. These shills exist in all crypto sub-communities, but some altcoins have a much higher fraction of shills compared to others.

- Check if there are legal issues/law suits against a crypto. If it is under legal threats like XRP, avoid such coins. Also, do not use Tether stable coins (USDT) as Tether is being sued and can vanish overnight. Circe's/Coinbase's USDC is a reliable stable coin alternative to temporarily move into during down moves.

- Do not invest in privacy focused altcoins. They are a bad store of value due to regulatory risk.

- Ignore meme coins like Dogecoin. Dogecoin can pump randomly, but it's all memetics and has no value.

- Do not go all-in one altcoin, spread the risk and pick at least 2 to 3 top ones.

- Lastly and most importantly, only invest with money you can accept a -90% hit on. If you can't take such a hit, then do not invest in cryptos.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
Read this report to understand 2021 trends. It is written by the ''Bloomberg of Crypto''. They know their shit.

And here are my takes:

- Do not invest in altcoins with extremely low* market caps as they are subject to quick pump and dumps and price manipulation. *Low at the moment = under 1.5 billion, but what is considered 'low' changes depending on the overall market size.

- Look at the specific Altcoin vs BTC pair chart. If it has been losing value against bitcoin for a very long time, do not touch it. You are better off with bitcoin. Even if the alt gains against USD, you are losing value against bitcoin. When bitcoin goes into a bear market, that alt will lose value even faster.

- Look at the community supporting the coin. If it exists of lots of con artists, get-rich-quick newbies, and shills, then don't touch it. These shills exist in all crypto sub-communities, but some altcoins have a much higher fraction of shills compared to others.

- Check if there are legal issues/law suits against a crypto. If it is under legal threats like XRP, avoid such coins. Also, do not use Tether stable coins (USDT) as Tether is being sued and can vanish overnight. Circe's/Coinbase's USDC is a reliable stable coin alternative to temporarily move into during down moves.

- Do not invest in privacy focused altcoins. They are a bad store of value due to regulatory risk.

- Ignore meme coins like Dogecoin. Dogecoin can pump randomly, but it's all memetics and has no value.

- Do not go all-in one altcoin, spread the risk and pick at least 2 to 3 top ones.

- Lastly and most importantly, only invest with money you can accept a -90% hit on. If you can't take such a hit, then do not invest in cryptos.
What about new ICOs are they worth it now to invest long term because I can't see anything new they would bring to the table.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
BTC down 4k today, correction might be here.

tenor.gif

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I hope you got out in time. This is only just the beginning.

I did take a bit out on some of my positions just to cash in, but I am holding for long haul on most.

Now to see how low BTC goes, if its a huge crash it'll be a good time to load back up.

Apollo

VIP
Reminder of this post:

BTC has not even hit the 100 daily EMA (currently sits on ~22K), which were the times to get in during previous bull runs.

50 ema= 26.2k
100 ema= 21.3k
200 ema= 17k

The price is way above these moving averages and therefore still in a bull market, for the doomsayers.

Just 10 days ago it had never been above 30k, calm your breasts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is the best buying strategy, if you are bullish.

If you believe this is a real bull market and not a fake out, then use this buying strategy. Do not wait for very low prices like 7k, 10k etc (like @Abdalla has mentioned). This won't happen in a bull market. This will:

If you are strongly bullish: buy at 100 day ema. YOLO.
If you are mildly bullish: buy at 200 day ema (risk of never going there)

Use this charting platform to find EMAs: https://www.tradingview.com/ (it is easy), google how, lots of tutorials.

lcglaEF.jpg

Currently:

PfKA6Uz.jpg

But be warned, this can also happen, fake out scenario (back to $4,000). 😱😨

Apollo

VIP

:lol:

I say don't touch privacy centric altcoins and then Zcash starts mooning (was in the 60s during that post, now over 100).

..the reason behind this could be because big tech social media giants (twitter, facebook, amazon web services, apple etc) banned Trump and some of his instigating supporters and there were stories about FBI etc. analyzing public bitcoin transactions sent to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending