Crazy Family Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of extremists in my family. Very hardcore. They dress in frocks even though they are men and use a broken twig to clean their teeth because toothbrush is for Westerners. They never quote from the Quran. They quote Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad Abdul Wahab. I tell them I'm Shia just to piss them off. I carry a whip around at all times and start flagellating my back for Hassan and Hussein when I see them coming. Really destabalizes them.

I don't know how I'm related to these guys. Do we really have the same genes? I've pretty much cut them off. I'm closer to my idol worshippin', pork eatin', beer drinkin', elephant god veneratin' Indian neighbor with the nice sari. I asked her what the significance of the red dot on her head is. "It means", she told me, "that my head is empty." God bless her. Empty or not she has more brains than my fundamentalist relations.

Did I mention they never stop cleaning their teeth with twigs? Day or night, indoors or outdoors, they've got a miswak jammed in their mouth. I won't lie, their teeth is not as jaad stained as mine as a result, but how can you put a stick in your mouth when you're at the supermarket? Cringe making.

They say that friends are God's apology for family. I wonder if every family is torn apart by similar differences. It's not just religious kooks. I have a younger brother who's a conspiracy nut. He believes the Apollo moon landings were faked and that men never walked on the moon. "How can the US flag astronauts planted there move when there is no wind on the moon?" he says with the triumphant air of a goose that's laid a golden egg. Go ask an astronomer you little muppet instead of regurgitating the Alex Jones school of science. And then he bangs on about the "Holohoax" and the "fake 6 million". Scientific ignorance and antisemitism, how charming. I don't talk to the guy any more. It's too painful.

Do you guys have family members with totally alien beliefs? How do you manage?

D2HUM8L31NE

I don't care
Thankfully all my family members are part of their society they left somalia and all the culture and ideology that came with it

I have couple of extremely religious relatives what I do is just never mention this topic I know it will just create negativity between us it's not worth it.

I told them to not impose their extreme views of Islam on me they respect that so we're good.

It's best to learn to ignore it completely. It's better both for your own health and theirs. I have some relatives of mine with beliefs that could easily get them questioned by the secret service. I used to annoy them by thoroughly questioning everything they deem holy, but I grew (tired?) out of that stage. In a sense, they are victims of certain situations, and were the tables reversed I'm not sure I wouldn't be preaching the same nonsense. You probably have more formal education than they do, read more books, and generally have more broadened horizons.

P. S. I like the twig toothbrush, to be honest. It's been years since I last used one, but I knew a shop that used to sell ridiculously good ones, and those things are magic. I wouldn't go as far as using it outdoors, though. You know what they say about washing your dirty linen in public!

It's best to learn to ignore it completely. It's better both for your own health and theirs. I have some relatives of mine with beliefs that could easily get them questioned by the secret service. I used to annoy them by thoroughly questioning everything they deem holy, but I grew (tired?) out of that stage. In a sense, they are victims of certain situations, and were the tables reversed I'm not sure I wouldn't be preaching the same nonsense. You probably have more formal education than they do, read more books, and generally have more broadened horizons.

P. S. I like the twig toothbrush, to be honest. It's been years since I last used one, but I knew a shop that used to sell ridiculously good ones, and those things are magic. I wouldn't go as far as using it outdoors, though. You know what they say about washing your dirty linen in public!
Secret service? What kind of beliefs are we talking? Hey, I have an idea, how about you report my relatives to the cops and I report yours. That way, we can each sleep with a clean conscience that we didn't turn them in ourselves, and more importantly, keep dangerous elements off the streets.

You're very charitable to extremists. I used to be like you. I used to think when I was an SJW that they're poor victims of indoctrination who need sympathy. Totally wrong. These people would cut your throats in a heartbeat. They're total savages. They've gotta be exterminated ruthlessly. Every Saudi wannabe belongs either in jail or in the grave. It's the only way to eradicate this filth.

Thankfully all my family members are part of their society they left somalia and all the culture and ideology that came with it
God bless your family man. You are a hero. But don't lie to us my little rabbit. You must know some guys in frocks. How comes you haven't reported them yet? Be a patriot and do the right thing. Start with that kid @Boqor.

I have couple of extremely religious relatives what I do is just never mention this topic I know it will just create negativity between us it's not worth it.

I told them to not impose their extreme views of Islam on me they respect that so we're good.
I've tried not talking about religion with them, but fundamentalists always find a way to sneak their views into non-theological issues. They see everything in terms of their Wahabbi ideology. That's the true mark of a cult. Conversation is impossible. I cut the morons off. I don't speak to them even if I see them on the street. Thankfully they're all distant cousins, so it hasn't infected my closer relatives. My mom, dad, and siblings are secular folks. They're intolerant of men with massive pubic hair on their chin. Very unhygienic stuff. They look like tramps.

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
You think extremism is funny? Only a fellow travellor would trivialize this. I know you've got many theocrats in your family. Just admit it. No more lies.
Oh, for sure. Extremism runs in my family, especially to one side. My parents are a bit of the progressive sort in comparison, but I practically became Salafi lite on my own, believe it or not, when I was naive enough to look for god and pretend there might be something there to further a comfortable lie.

Oh for sure, extremism runs in my family, especially to one side. My parents are a bit of the progressive sort in comparison, but I practically became Salafi lite on my own, believe it or not, when I was naive enough to look for god.
Runs in your family? Which relatives bear the contagion? Have you quarantined them?

Vix used to be tight with the beardies in nighties? Tell us more abaayo macaan. What influenced you to go in that Satanic direction? Who were your favorite sheikhs. So many skeletons are coming out of the closet today.

VixR

Veritas
Runs in your family? Which relatives bear the contagion? Have you quarantined them?

Vix used to be tight with the beardies in nighties? Tell us more abaayo macaan. What influenced you to go in that Satanic direction? Who were your favorite sheikhs. So many skeletons are coming out of the closet today.
I never liked the "nighties" tbh, or the beards, which they never seem to keep well, or any Salafi guy for that matter. At the time I was unknowingly dating an agnostic, but he never did tell me that throughout the entire shitshow until I'd admitted my own troubles with the faith.

I actually tried to keep a part of myself and be fashionable with abayas and hijab, but it was a fail. It was easily the hardest physical thing about being observant.

I never liked the "nighties" tbh, or the beards, which they never seem to keep well, or any Salafi guy for that matter. At the time I was unknowingly dating an agnostic, but he never did tell me that throughout the entire shitshow until I'd admitted my own troubles with the faith.

I actually tried to keep a part of myself and be fashionable with abayas and hijab, but it was a fail. It was easily the hardest thing about being observant.
How old were you at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts