Cousin marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know any Somalis who've married their first cousins? In our family it's super taboo. Even though we're very religious we still hug our first cousins and just redo our weyso but we love them as brothers and sisters.

Your first cousin spouse will share 12.5% of your DNA. You should marry outside of your ethnic group to diversify. Somalis are all at least minimum 10th cousins with other Somalis.

Your first cousin spouse will share 12.5% of your DNA. You should marry outside of your ethnic group to diversify. Somalis are all at least minimum 10th cousins with other Somalis.

That's a lot. I've watched documentaries where first cousin marriage led to severe abnormalities in the offspring.

Aside from that, how can you make your aunt your or uncle your mother or father in law? That just sounds disgusting. My parents would be disgusted if I married their siblings kids.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Half of Somalis are the product of cousin marriage. Which I find it disgusting tbh, I view my cousins like my own brothers.

Half of Somalis are the product of cousin marriage. Which I find it disgusting tbh, I view my cousins like my own brothers.

Half is a bit high. But I agree that it happens. I'd say the majority of Somali Somalis come from second or third cousin marriage though.

Gambar

VIP
Not aware of it but I will say my family always says they were encouraged to marry out of their immediate clan at least because it maintains ties to shisheeye.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Do you know any Somalis who've married their first cousins? In our family it's super taboo. Even though we're very religious we still hug our first cousins and just redo our weyso but we love them as brothers and sisters.

I think cousin marriages for Somalis started in the late 70s and early 80s :reallymaury:

There's a lot of first cousin marriages
Ik a couple (obviously older couples)
I use to watch wedding videos and my hooyo would say there related lol

Personally I think it is :vqbuyv0:

Zailah

Exam season guys !
In my mums side, there are lots of first cousins but more so in her generation and her parents generation. Second cousins are a bit more common now though

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Well cousin marriage happens not many frown upon it

Plus I think they Will stay longer since if they do Divorce the whole fam Will meddle in

It's alot more common than you think. I know alot of daqan celis kids who married their first cousins. 2 of my cousins from my mother's side are married. I told my mom to not even entertain the idea :nahgirl: told her she had to be more creative than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts