coup d'etat in Tunisia

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I don't think was a coup as apparently this what the protestors wanted.

Essentially, the protestors were angry at their elected government's handling of the pandemic and other policies, requesting that the government be temporarily suspended and the immunity of the parliamentarians be revoked.

We are most likely going to see the dissolution of the current parliament and fresh new elections.

Tunisia is one of most irreligious Arab countries with an Islamist elected government, was always a tricky situation.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I don't think was a coup as apparently this what the protestors wanted.

Essentially, the protestors were angry at their elected government's handling of the pandemic and other policies, requesting that the government be temporarily suspended and the immunity of the parliamentarians be revoked.

We are most likely going to see the dissolution of the current parliament and fresh new elections.

Tunisia is one of most irreligious Arab countries with an Islamist elected government, was always a tricky situation.
Well, the voters are split, there're those who are pro Gov and those who are frustrated. Beside that the president doesn't has the constitutional rights to do that

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Well, the voters are split, there're those who are pro Gov and those who are frustrated. Beside that the president doesn't has the constitutional rights to do that

If half the population has zero faith in the government, then it makes sense to dissolve only if there will be elections to be held.

As for the legitimacy, Ennahda claims its illegitimate but opposition it comes under the emergency constitutional powers.

The president the constitutional rights to do that and dismiss the govt which was unpopular and the freezing of parliament which is dominated Muslim Brotherhood corrupt party that had onlY brought misery and destruction to Tunisia for the last 9 yeaers they were in power.

It was a bold move from the president to do such act and now people are out in the streets celebrating

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The president the constitutional rights to do that and dismiss the govt which was unpopular and the freezing of parliament which is dominated Muslim Brotherhood corrupt party that had onlY brought misery and destruction to Tunisia for the last 9 yeaers they were in power.

It was a bold move from the president to do such act and now people are out in the streets celebrating
No, it wasn't. The act was half don't, he ignored the other half or basically manipulated with the help of armed forces and intelligence agency. The office of al Jazeera is closed in Tunisia by the military itself. What you are saying here is similar scenario of what happened in Egypt

No, it wasn't. The act was half don't, he ignored the other half or basically manipulated with the help of armed forces and intelligence agency. The office of al Jazeera is closed in Tunisia by the military itself. What you are saying here is similar scenario of what happened in Egypt
There's nothing similar to Egypt people were tired of corrupt officials and particulary the Muslim Brotherhood and the Tunisian president did what the people asked for and there's no violation of the constitution and Al Jazeera is qatari propoaganda tv network pushing Qatari and Muslim Brotherhood agenda and it was natural for state security officials to go in AL Jazeera office

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
There's nothing similar to Egypt people were tired of corrupt officials and particulary the Muslim Brotherhood and the Tunisian president did what the people asked for and there's no violation of the constitution and Al Jazeera is qatari propoaganda tv network pushing Qatari and Muslim Brotherhood agenda and it was natural for state security officials to go in AL Jazeera office
Oh a part of the voters are frustrated, oh original, imagine if trump dissolved the Congress? For the.same reason. He used the article 80.

"According to Article 80 of the Tunisia’s constitution, relating to emergency measures, “The President of the Republic, in a state of imminent danger threatening the integrity of the country and the country’s security and independence, is entitled to take the measures necessitated by this exceptional situation, after consulting the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the Cabinet”.

He clearly didn't consulted them, which is the condition which authorities his move.

MBZ approves

92537773493a47ebb564746b0e54c1aa_18.jpeg

Oh a part of the voters are frustrated, oh original, imagine if trump dissolved the Congress? For the.same reason. He used the article 80.

"According to Article 80 of the Tunisia’s constitution, relating to emergency measures, “The President of the Republic, in a state of imminent danger threatening the integrity of the country and the country’s security and independence, is entitled to take the measures necessitated by this exceptional situation, after consulting the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the Cabinet”.

He clearly didn't consulted them, which is the condition which authorities his move.
The same corrupts who are now claiming to be "supporters" of the constitution didn't establish the constitutional court back in 2016 that could have prevented the current situation the country is facing.

Muslim brotherhood destroyed Tunisia and the Tunisian revolution goals and I hope they get disbanded and outlawed.

reer

VIP
If half the population has zero faith in the government, then it makes sense to dissolve only if there will be elections to be held.

As for the legitimacy, Ennahda claims its illegitimate but opposition it comes under the emergency constitutional powers.
gamal abdul nasser: imma do a coup and call it revolution
iraqi ba'ath: lets do that
gaddafi: lets do that
kacaan: lets do that

:dead:

Last edited:
Why are you getting so worked up defending Bin Zayed , People of Tunisa are happy kulaha, the country is divided
he's not going to recognize SL sxb :deadrose:
Lmao for you non arab speakers Tunsian people are happy about the presidents decision as the people got tired from this corrupt politcal crisis that didn't solve the country's cribbling economy for the last 9 years

Lmao for you non arab speakers Tunsian people are happy about the presidents decision as the people got tired from this corrupt politcal crisis that didn't solve the country's cribbling economy for the last 9 years

I speak the language waryaa , and I read their media , I even go to a Tunisian forum , the country is divided .

I speak the language waryaa , and I read their media , I even go to a Tunisian forum , the country is divided .
The country isn't divided and people are happy is just Ennahda tiny supporters are mad but they are overshadowed by the large crowds of supporters of president's decision