Countries who face servere food insecurity.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Somalia isn't a poster child for starvation no more... i'm shocked about kenya tho, wtf they been doing all these years, not like they live in a desert like we do......

_95156976_food_crisis_624_v3.png

saywalahi

Xamar Living
kenya - mostly somalis
Yemen - active war against US&Saudis
South Sudan= Somali 1993
Ethiopia- Massive population

We're still the poster child.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Yep the 5% that are starving in Kenya are mostly Somali or other pastoralist groups.

Compare that to the 25%+ in Somalia...

We need to get off pastoralism asap in Somalia.

We need a large Somali owned commercial livestock competitor to setup in Somalia that would price out everyone else.

Somehow force them seek livelihoods in cities using the least damaging method possible.

In the country side they barely are contributing to the wider economy other than selling underpriced livestock to Arabs.

Our GDP per capita is at $500 mainly because of nomads. They live of what they raise and don't see a need for anything else.

Their kids aren't eating a full healthy diet nor are they getting the educational resources they need.

Even the Islamic education is shit in the countryside.

Not to mention having them in the countryside leaves tons of opportunities for Al Shabab to hide around them.

At some point we should let who ever is starving starve we can't keep giving the same group money over and over again while they continue to reproduce increasing the mouths to feed

Yep the 5% that are starving in Kenya are mostly Somali or other pastoralist groups.

Compare that to the 25%+ in Somalia...

We need to get off pastoralism asap in Somalia.

We need a large Somali owned commercial livestock competitor to setup in Somalia that would price out everyone else.

Somehow force them seek livelihoods in cities using the least damaging method possible.

In the country side they barely are contributing to the wider economy other than selling underpriced livestock to Arabs.

Our GDP per capita is at $500 mainly because of nomads. They live of what they raise and don't see a need for anything else.

Their kids aren't eating a full healthy diet nor are they getting the educational resources they need.

Even the Islamic education is shit in the countryside.

Not to mention having them in the countryside leaves tons of opportunities for Al Shabab to hide around them.

i ain't buying the 5% are somalis in kenya.... I'll keep telling myself they are swahil.. but everything else you said as some truth too it.. these figures in somalia is due to the conflict.. if somalia had stability even for 5year things would drastically improve..... after all we were the first to domestic livestock in that region.

At some point we should let who ever is starving starve we can't keep giving the same group money over and over again while they continue to reproduce increasing the mouths to feed

that's a cruel approach.... best we implement a one child policy, after all 70% of our population is under 35... soo it won't effect us in the long run..

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
I've never met a somali who said their family or even clansmen starved to death back home, who's starving:mindblown:

i ain't buying the 5% are somalis in kenya.... I'll keep telling myself they are swahil.. but everything else you said as some truth too it.. these figures in somalia is due to the conflict.. if somalia had stability even for 5year things would drastically improve..... after all we were the first to domestic livestock in that region.
The only time drought didn't have severe effect on somalia was 70s 80s mainly due to siyaad barre before him late 60s it was facing famine and large number of the population had to be air lifted south drought/famine happened in every decade not named 70s or 80s
that's a cruel approach.... best we implement a one child policy, after all 70% of our population is under 35... soo it won't effect us in the long run..
It might be cruel but is the most logical look at Ethiopia every year there starving if they weren't given money back in the 80s the numbers of mouths to feed today would be vastly smaller:hillarybiz:
What you are suggesting is delusional and wishfull thinking:manny:

xisaabiye

Most likely people who don't have diaspora relatives/ live in the countryside

It says 2.5 million are at risk, that's about 20% of the population, WHO ARE THEY:mindblown:
A UN study recently said 250k died in the past year from famine... WHERE ARE THEY, WHO WERE THEY:mindblown:

I'm telling you there's a scam somewhere here, wallahi there is

The only time drought didn't have severe effect on somalia was 70s 80s mainly due to siyaad barre before him late 60s it was facing famine and large number of the population had to be air lifted south drought/famine happened in every decade not named 70s or 80s

It might be cruel but is the most logical look at Ethiopia every year there starving if they weren't given money back in the 80s the numbers of mouths to feed today would be vastly smaller:hillarybiz:
What you are suggesting is delusional and wishfull thinking:manny:

how is it wishful thinking, to limit the families to just 1 child for at least a decade. then money wouldn't be spent on those who are already too far gone...

It says 2.5 million are at risk, that's about 20% of the population, WHO ARE THEY:mindblown:
A UN study recently said 250k died in the past year from famine... WHERE ARE THEY, WHO WERE THEY:mindblown:

The numbers may be inflated, but why?

Apollo

VIP
Gulf Arabs are evil fuckers.

They are literally identical to Yemenis, no ethnic difference whatsoever. Yet they treat them like shit.

Why not just have open borders between Yemen and GCC countries.

xisaabiye

The numbers may be inflated, but why?

Aid money sent to regional leaders who pocket it. It's IMPOSSIBLE that 20% of the country is on the brink of starvation. It's also impossible that 250k died in the past year, wtf:mindblown: . Where were they burried. I follow somali news & never hear of this, even on tabloid sites

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile

They make billions of aid... Plenty of opportunity to lie about the numbers in a place like Somalia.

Not only do they make us look bad (25% :draketf:) but it also prices out farmers in Somalia.

How can you grow food for the domestic market when USAID is dumping millions of tons of free staple food? :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts