Counting the conquests - Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ foretold a multitude of Muslim conquests, including those of Rome, Persia, Egypt, Yemen, India, and Constantinople. None of these prophecies were described with equivocation, but rather with an air of absolute certainty.

Al-Barā’ ibn ‘Āzib (rA) reports that while digging the trench outside Madinah to repel an approaching army, a massive boulder obstructed them and no ax could break it. With time running out, and with people’s fears and hunger growing, the Prophet ﷺ walked over and picked up the ax. He said, “Bismillāh (In God’s name),” and hammered the boulder, reducing a chunk of it to rubble. He said, “Allāhu Akbar (God is Great)! I have been given the keys to Shām; I can see its red palaces at this very moment.” Then he shattered another chunk and said, “Allāhu Akbar! I have been given the keys to Persia; I can see Madain’s white palace.” Then he shattered the last chunk and said, “Allāhu Akbar! I have been given the keys to Yemen. By Allah, I can see the Gates of Sanaa at this very moment from here.”

Regarding Egypt, he ﷺ took its conquest for granted, knowing his Lord’s promise was true. Abū Dharr (rA) narrated: The Prophet ﷺ said:
“You will certainly conquer Egypt, a land in which [a currency called] al-qīrāṭ is customary. When you conquer it, be gracious to its people, for they are entitled to a covenant and [the right of] family bonds. And when you see two men disputing over the place of a brick, then leave [Egypt].”

The last emperors​

When the Quraysh tribe embraced Islam, they feared being blocked from their trade routes to Shām and Iraq, since these territories were under Byzantine and Sassanid rule and both had rejected the call to Islam. Jābir ibn Samurah (rA) reports the Prophet ﷺ addressing this concern by reassuring Quraysh that those empires would soon vanish from both regions. He said,
“When Chosroes dies, there will be no Chosroes after him. And when Caesar dies, there will be no Caesar after him. And I swear by the One in whose hand is Muhammad’s soul, their treasures will be spent in the path of God.”
Imam al-Shāfi‘ī and al-Khaṭṭābī (d. 988) explained that this meant there would never be another Caesar in Greater Syria, nor any other Chosroes in Iraq (Sassanid Persia). Indeed, the final Chosroes who rose to power during the Prophet’s ﷺ life was Yazdegerd III (d. 651), and he indeed became the 38th and final king of the Sassanid Empire. The final Caesar during the Prophet’s ﷺ life was Heraclius (d. 641), and Byzantium did in fact collapse and lose Christendom’s holiest site of Jerusalem during his reign. After those individuals, neither empire maintained any presence in those two regions.

Inevitable infighting​

Sa‘d ibn Abī Waqqāṣ (rA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ once visited the mosque of Banū Mu‘āwiyah. “He ﷺ entered, performed two units of prayer, which we prayed with him, and then he invoked his Lord for a long time. Then, he ﷺ turned to us and said,
‘I asked my Lord for three things; He granted me two and withheld one. I asked my Lord not to destroy my nation with a widespread famine, and He granted me that, and I asked Him that He not exterminate my nation by drowning, and He granted me that. And I asked Him that He not let their aggression be against one another, but He withheld that from me.’”

In another narration,
“Indeed, Allah has gathered the earth for me until I saw its east and its west, and the kingdom of my nation will reach whatever of it has been gathered up for me. And I have been given the two treasures; the red and white (gold and silver). And I asked my Lord that He not destroy it with a widespread famine, and that He not empower against them an external enemy that will annihilate them. My Lord said, ‘O Muhammad, when I decree a matter, it cannot be repelled. I have granted you, for your nation, that I do not destroy them with a widespread famine, and that I do not empower against them an external enemy that annihilates them—even if those from every corner of the earth unite against them. However, they will ultimately kill one another, and enslave one another.’ Once the sword is drawn within my nation, it will not be removed from them until the Day of Resurrection.”

@Yami Is this not basic proof of his prophethood how did this Illiterate guy Know this will happen after his death? Historians are still scratching their Heads on the Miracle and fall of America and Russia version of those times who where the Roman/Persian empire to a backward underdeveloped Arabian tribes.

Last edited:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ foretold a multitude of Muslim conquests, including those of Rome, Persia, Egypt, Yemen, India, and Constantinople. None of these prophecies were described with equivocation, but rather with an air of absolute certainty.

Al-Barā’ ibn ‘Āzib (rA) reports that while digging the trench outside Madinah to repel an approaching army, a massive boulder obstructed them and no ax could break it. With time running out, and with people’s fears and hunger growing, the Prophet ﷺ walked over and picked up the ax. He said, “Bismillāh (In God’s name),” and hammered the boulder, reducing a chunk of it to rubble. He said, “Allāhu Akbar (God is Great)! I have been given the keys to Shām; I can see its red palaces at this very moment.” Then he shattered another chunk and said, “Allāhu Akbar! I have been given the keys to Persia; I can see Madain’s white palace.” Then he shattered the last chunk and said, “Allāhu Akbar! I have been given the keys to Yemen. By Allah, I can see the Gates of Sanaa at this very moment from here.”

Regarding Egypt, he ﷺ took its conquest for granted, knowing his Lord’s promise was true. Abū Dharr (rA) narrated: The Prophet ﷺ said:

The last emperors​

When the Quraysh tribe embraced Islam, they feared being blocked from their trade routes to Shām and Iraq, since these territories were under Byzantine and Sassanid rule and both had rejected the call to Islam. Jābir ibn Samurah (rA) reports the Prophet ﷺ addressing this concern by reassuring Quraysh that those empires would soon vanish from both regions. He said,

Imam al-Shāfi‘ī and al-Khaṭṭābī (d. 988) explained that this meant there would never be another Caesar in Greater Syria, nor any other Chosroes in Iraq (Sassanid Persia). Indeed, the final Chosroes who rose to power during the Prophet’s ﷺ life was Yazdegerd III (d. 651), and he indeed became the 38th and final king of the Sassanid Empire. The final Caesar during the Prophet’s ﷺ life was Heraclius (d. 641), and Byzantium did in fact collapse and lose Christendom’s holiest site of Jerusalem during his reign. After those individuals, neither empire maintained any presence in those two regions.

Inevitable infighting​

Sa‘d ibn Abī Waqqāṣ (rA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ once visited the mosque of Banū Mu‘āwiyah. “He ﷺ entered, performed two units of prayer, which we prayed with him, and then he invoked his Lord for a long time. Then, he ﷺ turned to us and said,

In another narration,

@Yami Is this not basic proof of his prophethood how did this Illiterate guy Know this will happen after his death? Historians are still scratching their Heads on the Miracle and fall of America and Russia version of those times who where the Roman/Persian empire to a backward underdeveloped Arabian tribes.
The signs of the end times alone are enough to convince anyone that Islam is the right religion.

1709140771944.png

Trending

Latest posts