Could you help us with the SomaliWeyn project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assalamu Alaykum, dhamaan waad salaman tihiin. SomaliWeyn™ is a project which I decided to come up with. SomaliWeyn is a place where educated, well accomplished Somalis both diaspora and back home can feature themselves on. I believe that such a project could serve as the middle ground Somali feature channel. So all I humbly ask is if you could spread the word and help us grow. Twitter is @SomaliaGreater, Snapchat @GreaterSomalia, Instagram @somaliagreater.

Last edited:
What’s with all these neefs copying eachother on Snapchat?

The only way to bring together well accomplished Somalis in Somalia and from the diaspora will be through a business channel. We have 1000s of political channels and websites. There’s ZERO content related to business and solving issues on the micro level.

Walaal I've found that there is a Niche Market for such that's why I'm making such a page. We have channels which promote the wrong things like SomaliFeatures and several politically motivates sites and pages as you have mentioned. However, I erred in my wording, I should have been precise when I wrote my first message as one of my intended things is featuring Somali entrepreneurs. Btw I'm a fan of your content which you produce on your channel PuntitePort.

Walaal I've found that there is a Niche Market for such that's why I'm making such a page. We have channels which promote the wrong things like SomaliFeatures and several politically motivates sites and pages as you have mentioned. However, I erred in my wording, I should have been precise when I wrote my first message as one of my intended things is featuring Somali entrepreneurs. Btw I'm a fan of your content which you produce on your channel PuntitePort.

Stop saving the neefs.

It seems like your wording is to police xoolonimo. The neefs are too far gone to be saved.

What I believe we need more of is Somalis creating content to a specific niche Ex: Building homes or doing renovations. This way when you monetize the audience you can actually do home flips across your city with others who are interested in investing with each other.

Diaspora neefs don't like showing their faces online or even on social media. There's this culture of hiding from something or someone that has opened a massive door for those willing to create meaningful content.

Forget about putting a blanket over all Somali entrepreneurs unless you're willing to speak in Af-somali and share business related apps and sales techniques to help other Somali entrepreneurs access digital tools and such.

For myself, I love cold emailing and cold calling to get new prospects, if you can create a youtube channel that discusses these issues, many entrepreneurs would watch and support you.

It's all about Niching down your content. Throwing a massive fish net over all Somalis doesn't help you find and connect with you actual core users.

I like your idea. I'll add you on snapchat.

My only recommendation is that you be apolitical. The name "Somaliweyn", "Greater Somalia" sounds political to me.

Good initiative though.

Assalamu Alaykum, dhamaan waad salaman tihiin. SomaliWeyn™ is a project which I decided to come up with. SomaliWeyn is a place where educated, well accomplished Somalis both diaspora and back home can feature themselves on. I believe that such a project could serve as the middle ground Somali feature channel. So all I humbly ask is if you could spread the word and help us grow. Twitter is @SomaliaGreater, Snapchat @GreaterSomalia, Instagram @somaliagreater.

This is a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending