Could Cushitis blend in the Brazil population?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColloquiallyFluent

That one dude with the prosthetic arm.
Yes, we have quite a lot of differences but i just noticed this yesterday, one brazilian girl looked eerily similar to my sister's friend, like siblings separated at birth.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
The Afro-Brazilian community is very diverse in looks and facial features

some do look East African

tumblr_oeh8scz1qb1qd1yv1o1_540.jpg

I don't know about Somalis but maybe Ethiopians can

Yes. My brother has been asked if he was brazilian twice before. Once before an old pale latino man walked up out of the blue and started speaking Portuguese to him. Went on for an awkward 30 seconds before he told him he didn't understand him. The guy was surprised and asked him where he was from in broken English, then said he was Brazilian, apologized and walked off

Brazilians are extremely diverse in looks, so yes. To the point I wonder if they can even tell themselves apart with better accuracy than outsiders.

I think it's because he has 'soft' features, long hair and brown-dark brown skin. Unusual combination outside of the latin world. Some somalis couls definitely pass for Brazilian

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If you're into that knock yourself out. As a whole, no. Cushities are genetically an ancient admixed population (between two ancient groups). It was so long ago, that most Somalis are autosmally admixed in the same proportions. Their looks do not vary widely and you can be certain about the outcome. They are also distingishable from other non-Horners (in most cases).

Brazilians are composed of many recently admixed groups with way more diversity. And their African inputs are from West and Central Africa. So, they are quite different in that regard. You'll never know what features they'll manifest. They also have a mix of Southern and Eastern European, Native and Asian groups. Also, their society is very sexually permissive. And from what I gather they have a rigid colour class structure. For them the closer in proximity you are to cadaan the more favourable your standing in society and the higher your ses or easier your social mobility.

Last edited:
They do look like us but it’s a pretty segregated country, worse than America, been seeing lots of Latinos in Norway lately, must be bad there

ColloquiallyFluent

If you're into that knock yourself out. As a whole, no. Cushities are genetically an ancient admixed population (between two ancient groups). It was so long ago, that most Somalis are autosmally admixed in the same proportions. Their looks do not vary widely and you can be certain about the outcome. They are also distingishable from other non-Horners (in most cases).

Brazilians are composed of many recently admixed groups with way more diversity. And their African inputs are from West and Central Africa. So, they are quite different in that regard. You'll never know what features they'll manifest. They also have a mix of Southern and Eastern European, Native and Asian groups. Also, their society is very sexually permissive. And from what I gather they have a rigid colour class structure. For them the closer in proximity you are to cadaan the more favourable your standing in society and the higher your ses or easier your social mobility.

That so, we'll its kinda disheartening to hear the last part, damn.

ColloquiallyFluent

Yes. My brother has been asked if he was brazilian twice before. Once before an old pale latino man walked up out of the blue and started speaking Portuguese to him. Went on for an awkward 30 seconds before he told him he didn't understand him. The guy was surprised and asked him where he was from in broken English, then said he was Brazilian, apologized and walked off

Brazilians are extremely diverse in looks, so yes. To the point I wonder if they can even tell themselves apart with better accuracy than outsiders.

I think it's because he has 'soft' features, long hair and brown-dark brown skin. Unusual combination outside of the latin world. Some somalis couls definitely pass for Brazilian

Yeah, Brazilians are pretty diverse ill say that much.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That so, we'll its kinda disheartening to hear the last part, damn.

Trust me, they are quite the same in Latin America. My father once visited Ecuador and the locals were more friendly to him because he was very light compared to his genetically similar Somali co-worker that was darker. :manny: They are short and cambulo eaters, not much of a compliment if you ask me.

The Arabs are no different. All of them are colour conscious. They took my fathers photo without his permission, doctored it to make him look younger (hes a senior) and posted it on a billboard. I'm not kidding you. :drakelaugh:He thought it was because he was well dressed and they prefered western attire over a dishdash.

ColloquiallyFluent

Trust me, they are quite the same in Latin America. My father once visited Ecuador and the locals were more friendly to him because he was very light compared to his genetically similar Somali co-worker that was darker. :manny: They are short and cambulo eaters, not much of a compliment if you ask me.

The Arabs are no different. All of them are colour conscious. They took my fathers photo without his permission, doctored it to make him look younger (hes a senior) and posted it on a billboard. I'm not kidding you. :drakelaugh:He thought it was because he was well dressed and they prefered western attire over a dishdash.

Really thinking of lightening up my skin since i've become marginally darken through out this decade, JK not a lady.:lolbron:

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Brazil is multi-ethnic state, ive seen Japanese Brazilians, Black Brazilians and blonde Brazilians

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Really thinking of lightening up my skin since i've become marginally darken through out this decade, JK not a lady.:lolbron:

Somali men don't care about that stuff soomaha. I just find it weird that these societies do. Lol, like that latino baseball player that turned into a ghost.

In the case of women, if anything that lightening crap is an export from Arabta that gainned traction in Djibouti, then Somalia. :holeup: Somalis are always late to the game and always copying others, even if its for the worse.:wow1: Why can't they be independent minded.

ColloquiallyFluent

Somali men don't care about that stuff soomaha. I just find it weird that these societies do. Lol, like that latino baseball player that turned into a ghost.

In the case of women, if anything that lightening crap is an export from Arabta that gainned traction in Djibouti, then Somalia. :holeup: Somalis are always late to the game and always copying others, even if its for the worse.:wow1: Why can't they be independent minded.

Free thinkers aren't something you hear about nowadays since everyone is imprisoned in an ideology and aren't willing to other views and perspective.

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
What's the point of this thought excersise for this to work, we'd need to throw away thousands of years of tradition and islam because it's not practised by Brazilians :nahgirl: the diaspora shames us enough that is too far:pachah1:

happened to me as well . I was confused :s .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending