Cost

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Hello guys, I just want to know the cost of a mobile phone back home. My cousin has been asking me to send them money to buy one. Is $150 USD enough to buy a nice phone there?

A refurbished iPhone 11 can cost from $250-500 USD, that's a good phone. I don't think $150 USD will be enough
They don't have to get an iPhone. For cost effectiveness, nothing beats Android. And it's good build and quality too. I've owned my Samsung note for years whereas iPhone can't survive long before the updates brick it.

Send them 100 dollar tell them is one time payment you don't want it back and that if they call again they get blocked they learn to stop calling
You can get a second hand for 30 to 40(black market) but a decent phone for 90 to 100 dollar is enough

She is a mother with 2 young kids. If.you think it's a male lol
Just in courage her to work and to tell her for her husband and family in Somali to help her out and contribute is not your responsibility same way it's not their responsibility to look out for you when your down I bet u 8/10 those you helped won't help you when your down I been here in n out for decade only been helped by 3 people they didn't ask for it back like 2 lunch and 20 dollar that I didn't asked for it they all came from outside Somali if they local they give but want double and more so just becarefull the majority have evil motive got money u think your are the only one they asking they also asking 10 more abroad people that's 1000

She is a mother with 2 young kids. If.you think it's a male lol
Oh well in that case, sure help her out. But in saying that, I’d advise you to set boundaries. Because if you don’t you’ll end up been broke yourself. What people don’t realise is that in Africa there is a lot of opportunities, unfortunately for some they don’t want to take advantage. There is a reason why so much cadaan people are moving there. Good luck.