CONFIRMED:UAE IS GOING TO ATTACK HOUTHIS FROM BERBERA BASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumors and speculations seems to be true the use of the base was simply to attack Yemen (Houthis)

"A top (SL) official said Friday that forces from the United Arab Emirates could soon be flying fighter jets from a new base in the breakaway republic of Somaliland. Somaliland Foreign Minister Saad Ali Shire said the UAE could use the base in the town of Berbera for any purpose, including "military operations." "
:hmm: Interesting developments

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
What's the Middle East's beef with Yemen? Why are they trying to destroy any denomination of Islam that is not theirs? Aren't we supposed to unite as an Ummah rather than conquer all the opposing Muslim denominations and destroy all of them?

The Middle East are just desperate to be seen as aggressive and violent throughout the global society. They sicken me.

"The agreement is [for] UAE to use Berbera airport and port as a military facility, and in exchange, the UAE will be building roads, a new airport, and funding health, education and water energy," he said.

Translation = "and in return for them getting a military base, they will do our job as a government"

How low Somalis have fallen when we can't do anything ourselves. The politicans get rich doing nothing, then they get even richer bringing in foreigners to do their job in exchange for selling them something:bell:

What's the Middle East's beef with Yemen? Why are they trying to destroy any denomination of Islam that is not theirs? Aren't we supposed to unite as an Ummah rather than conquer all the opposing Muslim denominations and destroy all of them?

The Middle East are just desperate to be seen as aggressive and violent throughout the global society. They sicken me.
Simple geopolitics and proxy wars if the houthis win the saudis are going to have another pro iran country on their borders and considering the Iran block is winning in syria and allied with both lebanon and iraq this reality keeps the Saudis a wake at Night.

Translation = "and in return for them getting a military base, they will do our job as a government"

How low Somalis have fallen when we can't do anything ourselves. The politicans get rich doing nothing, then they get even richer bringing in foreigners to do their job in exchange for selling them something:bell:

Do you want us to sell our land for nothing? We are not Somalia by inviting the AU, Ethiopia + co to do what they like, we will get something in return which will be beneficial for our people.

EDIT: What about Turkey? Turkey helped the infrastructure for xamar, and in return you gave them a base and much more. This is another example of somalilanddiid.

Last edited:

Human

Simple geopolitics and proxy wars if the houthis win the saudis are going to have another pro iran country on their borders and considering the Iran block is winning in syria and allied with both lebanon and iraq this reality keeps the Saudis a wake at Night.

It baffles me how Saudi Arabia is supposed to be the main and major leading force to bring all Muslims together due to the Prophet's message had begun there but they are the main nation state that is separating all Muslims based on their national beliefs. Their strategies are based on this:

Wahhabism= you are safe
Wahhabism not the fundamental Islamic belief in the country= prepare to be destroyed.

It's quite scary how mainstream Islam is becoming less-Islamic as days and days go forth that I can't even trust scholars due to this high epidemic.

By the way, are you siding with the Saudis or the anti-Saudi strike team? For whatever choice chosen, why?

Do you want us to sell our land for nothing? We are not Somalia by inviting the AU, Ethiopia + co to do what they like, we will get something in return which will be beneficial for our people.
Don't be a blind follower. Accept that your government isn't infallible. I know mine is far from it.

You're not selling your land. Your politicans are. And what you're getting out of it is what should already have been there. Don't try to make one fucking road, a few projects here and there and one renovation make up for a military base that will stand for 30 years.

Let's take one project. UAE built a school and shelter for orphans in Somaliland. It was state of the art with foreign teachers and everything you could use. As in its name, it was built for orphans. Guess what, the politicans took over it and now it's primarily schooling the children of said politicans instead of orphans and poor children.

They take all the money they get and keep it. Then when an epidemic ensues, here comes foreign aid to save their people so they don't have to. Then, they sell your land, resources or whatever it may be and the buyer in return gives them a paycheck and builds something for their people. This way, the people think the politicans actually did something good, and they also view the other party who built them something as "good" or "friendly"

Then watch this circle repeat it self.

Don't be a blind follower. Accept that your government isn't infallible. I know mine is far from it.

You're not selling your land. Your politicans are. And what you're getting out of it is what should already have been there. Don't try to make one fucking road, a few projects here and there and one renovation make up for a military base that will stand for 30 years.

Let's take one project. UAE built a school and shelter for orphans in Somaliland. It was state of the art with foreign teachers and everything you could use. As in its name, it was built for orphans. Guess what, the politicans took over it and now it's primarily schooling the children of said politicans instead of orphans and poor children.

They take all the money they get and keep it. Then when an epidemic ensues, here comes foreign aid to save their people so they don't have to. Then, they sell your land, resources or whatever it may be and the buyer in return gives them a paycheck and builds something for their people. This way, the people think the politicans actually did something good, and they also view the other party who built them something as "good" or "friendly"

Then watch this circle repeat it self.

We are unrecognised, this is the best thing that has come to us in the form of an international transfer. I understand where you're coming from, similar to the Kuwait orphanage charity in Hargeisa. However, along with this deal, the UAE gov is investing in infrastructure, which is roads, lights, and all sorts from Berbera to Wajaale, (to help make it easier to travel to Ethiopia).

There is obviously a lot more to be done with regards to corruption, I and @Dhay Geel know it first hand the negative effects it has, but you're being too pessimistic about this. The base and the port deal is the best thing that has happened to Somaliland in decades.

It baffles me how Saudi Arabia is supposed to be the main and major leading force to bring all Muslims together due to the Prophet's message had begun there but they are the main nation state that is separating all Muslims based on their national beliefs. Their strategies are based on this:

Wahhabism= you are safe
Wahhabism not the fundamental Islamic belief in the country= prepare to be destroyed.

It's quite scary how mainstream Islam is becoming less-Islamic as days and days go forth that I can't even trust scholars due to this high epidemic.

By the way, are you siding with the Saudis or the anti-Saudi strike team? For whatever choice chosen, why?
In my choices i consider What the best choice would be for Somalia which is also a reason Why people are warm towards trump considering hes pro a strong SNA.
A weakend Saudi/Wahabbi axis means their grip on Somalia weakens and we all know that their tentacels are deep in our nation politics like when they bribed/threatend HSM to expell the Iranian diplomats ( the same on which gave 100 million worth of aid to Somalia ) when they are weakend we can renegoiate our position in our relationship in a position of strength and let them not interfer in our diplomatic relations with other countries like the Iran fiasco.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤

A huge portion of SL budget goes to their defense. That's seems to be their priority but I do believe they could have developed a lot more if they properly adjusted their budget.

Human

In my choices i consider What the best choice would be for Somalia which is also a reason Why people are warm towards trump considering hes pro a strong SNA.
A weakend Saudi/Wahabbi axis means their grip on Somalia weakens and we all know that their tentacels are deep in our nation politics like when they bribed/threatend HSM to expell the Iranian diplomats ( the same on which gave 100 million worth of aid to Somalia ) when they are weakend we can renegoiate our position in our relationship in a position of strength and let them not interfer in our diplomatic relations with other countries like the Iran fiasco.

Historically, Arabs loved us and wouldn't want to blackmail us in order to fufill their own self-interest. It's funny how the countries that happened to have many business partners is being blackmailed constantly by oil-dependent nation states. I hope they lose their smug attitude because oil does not last forever.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
I don't care if they bomb the shit out of arabs tbh, I only care for Somalis. This base might put us in a harms way without a defence missile system. Either way, it's not looking good. Isn't assab closer to Yemen than Bebera? Only reason I could think of about their preference to Berbera is the runway, longest in Africa. :hmm:

I don't care if they bomb the shit out of arabs tbh, I only care for Somalis. This base might put us in a harms way without a defence missile system. Either way, it's not looking good. Isn't assab closer to Yemen than Bebera? Only reason I could think of about their preference to Berbera is the runway, longest in Africa. :hmm:
  • Assab is dangerously close to Northern Yemen.
  • The rag-tag Houthi rebels do not have military capabilities of sending missiles to Berbera.
  • The UAE are not using the airport of Berbera(i think), but they're definitely building a new one

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
  • Assab is dangerously close to Northern Yemen.
  • The rag-tag Houthi rebels do not have military capabilities of sending missiles to Berbera.
  • The UAE are not using the airport of Berbera(i think), but they're definitely building a new one

:comeon: It's a fact they'll be using the airport.

God speed to the emaratis. Time to send the houthis back to their caves in saada. And saleh to the hague

Status
Not open for further replies.