Coastline Exploration spent 42 million USD to survey offshore Somalia. CE is now ready to start exploration in the 7 blocks awarded.

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
Chairman of the Somali Petroleum Authority Abdulkadir Aden Mohamud “Coastline Exploration spent 42 million US dollar to survey offshore Somalia. CE is now ready to start exploration in the 7 blocks awarded : 3 in Galmudug, 2 in South West, 2 in Jubaland. We need to drill fast.”

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Inshallah good news can come. Even if we produced 1% of the oil produced by Iraq we’d suddenly have the budget for a military capable of ensuring security across Somalia. You’d quickly see the UN drop the arms embargo

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
Inshallah good news can come. Even if we produced 1% of the oil produced by Iraq we’d suddenly have the budget for a military capable of ensuring security across Somalia. You’d quickly see the UN drop the arms embargo
Inshallah, all I’m worried about is where the profit stands. In these ministers pockets, or in the hands of everyday Somalis

World

VIP
Iraq made $11.5 billion last month in oil revenue. God blessed them.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Iraq made $11.5 billion last month in oil revenue. God blessed them.
Somalia’s budget this year is 900 million… 2/3rds funded by donors.

Our military budget is $100mn a year. And people wonder why we can’t secure the country so easily on such a meagre budget.

World

VIP
Somalia’s budget this year is 900 million… 2/3rds funded by donors.

Our military budget is $100mn a year. And people wonder why we can’t secure the country so easily on such a meagre budget.
Tbh, Somalia has always been a poor country. Even in the Kacaan most our budget was from aid. Before that too. We don’t have much resources.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
In the kacaan era instead of exploring niggas was having parades and sex parties

:ohlord: :ohlord:
Kacaan were anti America till the Ethiopian war. All the companies that explored for oil in Iran Iraq and Saudi were American/European companies and they split 50-50 with them till they were bought out of their share by those countries. In fact Iran just kicked them out and took over without paying after the revolution.

We bet on the wrong horse with Soviet Russia. Communism was a disaster

World

VIP
In the kacaan era instead of exploring niggas was having parades and sex parties

:ohlord: :ohlord:
There was some exploration but it was inland and wasn’t that successful. It takes a lot of time anyway, Somalis is a huge country to explore. In 1989, a $500 million oil refinery project was signed to be built in Mogadishu but the war happened.

World

VIP
Kacaan were anti America till the Ethiopian war. All the companies that explored for oil in Iran Iraq and Saudi were American/European companies and they split 50-50 with them till they were bought out of their share by those countries. In fact Iran just kicked them out and took over without paying after the revolution.

We bet on the wrong horse with Soviet Russia. Communism was a disaster
Somalia’s oil exploration started before independence in the 50s. It appeared promising but nothing planned out. It was only in the 80s that offshore oil started being explored in Somalia, but the war occurred.

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
Somalia’s oil exploration started before independence in the 50s. It appeared promising but nothing planned out. It was only in the 80s that offshore oil started being explored in Somalia, but the war occurred.
Well there’s an opportunity right now to drill, so i hope we take that and drill the oil ASAP, we have fucking 100B barrels and were still a failed state

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Well there’s an opportunity right now to drill, so i hope we take that and drill the oil ASAP, we have fucking 100B barrels and were still a failed state
Hopefully it’s cheap to produce/refine.

I wouldn’t worry about oil going out of use like others here. Asia and Africa are going to need a lot of it with the massively exploding populations

Chairman of the Somali Petroleum Authority Abdulkadir Aden Mohamud “Coastline Exploration spent 42 million US dollar to survey offshore Somalia. CE is now ready to start exploration in the 7 blocks awarded : 3 in Galmudug, 2 in South West, 2 in Jubaland. We need to drill fast.”

As I said in my thread, the people who have seen the data are aware of how promising it is. We have massive reserves of both Oil and Gas.

Hopefully, we finish the constitution and the resource-sharing agreement between the federal states.

OGx3

Maa ana waalan mise cadan baa laga heesayaa?
oil reserves have different quality. For example Saudi Arabian crude oil is much better than candania crude which requires a lot of expensive refining(sulfur and weight). Refineries are also very easy target with all the explosive fuels and gasses and very easy to do hundreds of millions in damage. Even if we find high reserves of quality oil we will need to eradicate alshabab and secure country before billions are invested

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
oil reserves have different quality. For example Saudi Arabian crude oil is much better than candania crude which requires a lot of expensive refining(sulfur and weight). Refineries are also very easy target with all the explosive fuels and gasses and very easy to do hundreds of millions in damage. Even if we find high reserves of quality oil we will need to eradicate alshabab and secure country before billions are invested
💯, but defeating al shabaab with a weak SNA Will take another decade.

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
As I said in my thread, the people who have seen the data are aware of how promising it is. We have massive reserves of both Oil and Gas.

Hopefully, we finish the constitution and the resource-sharing agreement between the federal states.
Inshallah, we Are very divided right now on certain topics for example Benaadir becoming a state, i Hope we just find a middle ground wlhi

Trending