Clark doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeg

Gedo

Its old experiment but it hits home everytime I revisit it and we all know the result of this social design. Thats why I identify as somali only. If you let others dictate to you what you are then they can create this reality for you.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I remember that one

This is an American reality. A perverse country with limited knowledge on the outside world.

Also the white standard of beauty fucks the whole world up. These skin bleaching Africans and double eyelid craving asians are proof of that.

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
I remember this experiment. This shows how important it is for people of color to have their own role models. It breaks my heart to see little black children have such a negative view of themselves.

Yannie

Am
I remember that one

This is an American reality. A perverse country with limited knowledge on the outside world.

Also the white standard of beauty fucks the whole world up. These skin bleaching Africans and double eyelid craving asians are proof of that.
American? No this is a western standards of beauty that includes Canada and all other western nations.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Am

American? No this is a western standards of beauty that includes Canada and all other western nations.

It goes deeper into things like "who's the bad doll?" and shit like that

That's mostly just America. Even institutional racism in other countries combined can't get to this level.

But yeah that standard of beauty is already breaking so we'll see in twenty years where we are at

Odeg

Gedo
I think if they did similiar experiment on "black" children in europe they willl get similiar results. We know for certain that the colour of black is associated with alot of negatives things and white is the opposite of that. Think in the concept of angels and demons. After all these kids are product of their environment

Yannie

It goes deeper into things like "who's the bad doll?" and shit like that

That's mostly just America. Even institutional racism in other countries combined can't get to this level.

But yeah that standard of beauty is already breaking so we'll see in twenty years where we are at

This experiment shows that children ideas of beauty are dictated by society. Within western society children of color are exposed to certain images from the media ( example TV, or Magazines) that promote white as a standard of beauty and therefore anything that is white is considered good and pure while black is seen as ugly or dirty. This happens not only happens in America. If we look at the TV ads or magazines in Canada and other European countries we only see white faces. So please stop saying that this is only a problem in America that is a false statement.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I think if they did similiar experiment on "black" children in europe they willl get similiar results. We know for certain that the colour of black is associated with alot of negatives things and white is the opposite of that. Think in the concept of angels and demons. After all these kids are product of their environment

black people in europe are mostly if not all african and carribean immigrants right?

yeah those are absurdly proud people on average so i highly doubt countries like that would ever have this problem. this is primarily the lasting impacts of slavery in a country that still doesn't want to fix its problems.

also this is what? the 1930s and 40s? and this recent go at the experiment was around the 80s and 90s iirc. practically every major black country around the world was either colonized or left so desolate it had none of the agencies required to stand on its own. before a black president, before black billionaires and millionaires and before 15 black nobel prize winners from economics to literature. this was back before anybody that could be called black could even really vote unconditionally in the US. and in the video we're talking about here it's maybe 15-20 years after that?

the connotation of the term obviously doesn't mean the same thing as it once does so even if the lasting effect is minute, the obvious fact is that dark skin is considered ugly and desolate for no reason besides white people thinking that and physical features separated them. the fact of that is them enslaving and colonizing people who have vastly different genetic structures. at the end of the day for them it comes down to skin, so even if you go "i ain't identifying with it" it won't stop your success being a residual reason for why those old labels will eventually disappear.

you can't usurp the negative connotation of dark skin by going "ehh" especially when you actually have dark skin lol. you also don't usurp it by claiming it as some holistic identity structure. it's relevant but only until people eventually see the foolishness of attaching any meaning at all to something like that. because trust me, it ain't some coincidence that a continent filled to the brim with dark skinned people somehow can't even foster one functioning state at a completely developed level. it matters, sxb.

either way this particular video is mostly about america. the residual shit i highlights is noteworthy, but i doubt in any other country you'd ever see responses like this.

also gonna point out the white standard of beauty is dying so who knows how long this dumbass shit is even going to be a problem. when every human is a 2spirit sxb it won't even matter, runti.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
The cave monkey recording sounded like he was enjoying that shit, i'll just leave this here.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I've seen so many of these experiments and it's always heartbreaking to see young children be infested with self hate from an early age.

At the same time this isn't a Somali problem, yet. No one knows what the future holds for the diaspora. In a couple of generation our grandchildren could loose their cultural connection. After all we are seeing it with these second generation immigrants claiming AAs history as their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts