Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

This guy was deceived by TPLF propaganda and was saying TPLF has over 200k soldiers and the war will be long etc. Fortunately he has quickly adjusted to reality.

A week ago he was saying this :ftw9nwa:

Last edited:
This guy was deceived by TPLF propaganda and was saying TPLF has over 200k soldiers and the war will be long etc. Fortunately he has quickly adjusted to reality.

We all knew at some point TPLF would wage a guarille warfare.

Guarille warfare is cost effective as well as the most efficient way to fight 2 countries as regards to conventional warfare which is more expensive and cost alot of manpower sacrifice.

I wonder if Abiy just wants to take Humera away from the TPLF. Western tigray has very good farmland unlike the rest of the Ethio highlands so it's a huge revenue source which the Ethiopian government definitely wants to take control of.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
I wonder if Abiy just wants to take Humera away from the TPLF. Western tigray has very good farmland unlike the rest of the Ethio highlands so it's a huge revenue source which the Ethiopian government definitely wants to take control of.

Under the old provinces it was not under Tigray it was under a majority Amhara province Abiy's goal is ending ethnic federalism so I believe it is his intention to do that. If the Tigray left with mountains that's it for them economically they will be dependent on the federal government even more than now.

Under the old provinces it was not under Tigray it was under a majority Amhara province Abiy's goal is ending ethnic federalism so I believe it is his intention to do that. If the Tigray left with mountains that's it for them economically they will be dependent on the federal government even more than now.
That's true. I heard Humera isn't originally a part of Tigray but the TPLF was desperate to claim Welkait for 2 reasons, 1- the farmland is very profitable 2- it borders sudan which is easy seaport access.

l¹144
That's true. I heard Humera isn't originally a part of Tigray but the TPLF was desperate to claim Welkait for 2 reasons, 1- the farmland is very profitable 2- it borders sudan which is easy seaport access.
Depends Amhara before TPLF controlled for 109 years and might have stolen land just like Addis Ababa was Oromo Finfinne before Menelik and Haile Selasie settled Amhara and made them majority.

l¹144

Depends Amhara before TPLF controlled for 109 years and might have stolen land just like Addis Ababa was Oromo Finfinne before Menelik and Haile Selasie settled Amhara and made them majority.

Even the grand son of tigrean Emperor Yohannes, Leul Mengesha Seyoum, who himself was a governor of Tigray told VOA that the so called western Tigray was never part of Tigray even during his grand father Emperor Yohannes. Most importantly, the people themselves don't want to be part of Tigray as they were always proud Gonderes and if you know how Gonderes are so proud of their heritage you would understand how they feel.

And concerning Addis Ababa, you have a twisted view. Amhara region don't claim Addis Ababa rather the residents including Oromo Addis Ababans want to rule themselves and don't want to be administrated under Oromia. Currently Addis Ababa is under the federal administration. Self administration is their constitutional right.

And when we come to historical facts, Addis Ababa is at least 100 years older than Oromia. Addis Ababa was from its creation a shoan city and never ever an Oromia city, not even for one day. It is not like there was an oromo town called finfine and then from that a city called Addis Ababa grew out. No, that never happened. The city starting from the first house was established by the wife of Emperor Menelik and named Addis Ababa from the start. There was never a city or a town called finfine. In fact almost all major towns and cities (with few exceptions) in Oromia and the south were established during the time of the Emperors. There are only very few cities that were natively established by the locals. The idea of an old native town transforming into Addis Ababa is absolutely nonsense and can't be backed by any historical data other than fairy tales. Addis Ababa was never anything other than Addis Ababa from the very start. It was a shoan city from the very start and never so called Oromia that came into existence more than 100 years later. Truth be told as it is!

Last edited:
Even the grand son of tigrean Emperor Yohannes who himself was a governor of Tigray told VOA that the so called western Tigray was never part of Tigray even during his grand father Emperor Yohannes. Most importantly, the people themselves don't want to be part of Tigray as they were always proud Gonderes and if you know how Gonderes are so proud of their heritage you would understand how they feel.

And concerning Addis Ababa, you have a twisted view. Amhara region don't claim Addis Ababa rather the residents including Oromo Addis Ababans want to rule themselves and don't want to be administrated under Oromia. Currently Addis Ababa is under the federal administration. Self administration is their constitutional right.

And when we come to historical facts, Addis Ababa is at least 100 years older than Oromia. Addis Ababa was from its creation a shoan city and never ever an Oromia city, not even for one day. It is not like there was an oromo town called finfine and then from that a city called Addis Ababa grew out. No, that never happened. The city starting from the first house was established by the wife of Emperor Menelik and named Addis Ababa from the start. There was never a city or a town called finfine. In fact almost all major towns and cities (with few exceptions) in Oromia and the south were established during the time of the Emperors. There are only very few cities that were natively established by the locals. The idea of an old native town transforming into Addis Ababa is absolutely nonsense and can't be backed by any historical data other than fairy tales. Addis Ababa was never anything other than Addis Ababa from the very start. It was a shoan city from the very start and never so called Oromia that came into existence more than 100 years later. Truth be told as it is!
Addis ababa is sorrounded by Oromo villages yet you want to tell me it was an Amhara region before Menelik named it New flower?

You want to tell me before Addis ababa the land was empty with no human settlement like Amhara did a moon landing on Addis ababa?
Amhara claim on Addis Ababa is like the Oromo claim on Dire dawa.

Lastly why isnt Fano fighting to get Amhara land given to Sudan by Meles?

Nazareth used to be called Hadamo before it was settled and changed by Amhara.
@Abba Sadacha bring your expertise

Last edited:
Addis ababa is sorrounded by Oromo villages yet you want to tell me it was an Amhara region before Menelik named it New flower?

You want to tell me before Addis ababa the land was empty with no human settlement like Amhara did a moon landing on Addis ababa?
Amhara claim on Addis Ababa is like the Oromo claim on Dire dawa.

Lastly why isnt Fano fighting to get Amhara land given to Sudan by Meles?

Nazareth used to be called Hadamo before it was settled and changed by Amhara.
@Abba Sadacha bring your expertise

You are confusing two different things. I am not talking about the land. The land is a shoan land that is now in Oromia (of course after the well known Oromo migration into shoa). That is not disputed. I am talking about the city. The city from its first creation was called and was Addis Ababa and nothing else. There was no town or city prior to Addis Ababa on that spot. There was never a town called finfine from where Addis Ababa grew out. That has never happened. The city starting from the very first house was called Addis Ababa and was established by the wife of the Emperor. Aside from history, the residents have every right to decide how they are administrated both Addis Ababans and Wolkaits. They are the one who will decide on their fate. That is what federalism is all about. Self administration to the kebele level and Addis Ababa is no exception.

Last edited:
You are confusing two different things. I am not talking about the land. The land is a showan land that is now in Oromia. That is not disputed. I am talking about the city. The city from its first creation was called and was Addis Ababa and nothing else. There was no town or city prior to Addis Ababa on that spot. There was never a town called finfine from where Addis Ababa grew out. That has never happened. The city starting from the very first house was called Addis Ababa and was established by the wife of the Emperor. Aside from history, the residents have every right to decide how they are administrated both Addis Ababans and Wolkaits. They are the one who will decide on their fate. That is what federalism is all about. Self administration to the kebele level.
One thing for sure is wolkiyat people are neither Amhara nor Tigray.
So I dont see why these places are being politicised.
If Amhara want to even steal and claim minorities in the region to bulk their numbers.
I dont know when Agew,Argoba,Qimat, Raya,Wallkeyta people etc become Amhara.
Unless you want to tell me Amhara is not an ethnicity but a confederation of ethnicities.

One thing for sure is wolkiyat people are neither Amhara nor Tigray.
So I dont see why these places are being politicised.
If Amhara want to even steal and claim minorities in the region to bulk their numbers.
I dont know when Agew,Argoba,Qimat, Raya,Wallkeyta people etc become Amhara.
Unless you want to tell me Amhara is not an ethnicity but a confederation of ethnicities.

I agree wolkaits are some kind mixed and most of them speak both Amharic and Tigrigna but you have to understand why they are so desperate to be part of Amhara. I don't know if you followed the history of the struggle of Wolkaits. It is not Amharas in other parts that started this struggle but the Wolkaits themselves were the one who came to Amhara region and asked for help. They are also the one that are pushing and demanding to be included into Amhara region and will ultimately decide on their fate. If they want to stay with Tigray then no Amhara can force them to be part of Amhara region.

The real question is why are the wolkaits so desperate to be part of Amhara? It is because they fear that unlike Amhara, Tigray land is very dry and not fertile and so Tigreans come to Wolkait and take their land. Amharas don't go to Wolkait since they have enough land but Tigreans go to wolkait in search of fertile land. Wolkaits used to administer themselves, own their own land and hire Tigrean daily laborers when they were part of Gondar. That is exactly what they are looking for. If they are under Amhara they will be the owner of the land just like the good old days.

The wolkaits also reject the idea of becoming their own independent kilil/region. They fear if they become their own independent region and some day they have trouble with Tigray, Amhara will not be assisting them as it is now doing. So they insist to be part of Amhara to get a long term protection from Tigray. Their politicians are brilliant if you ask me. Very wise people.

Just this week they staged huge demonstration in Dansha/Wolkait (so called western Tigray) and said they will only accept good neighbors from Tigray but never an administration from Tigray. They have already elected their local administrations.

I agree wolkaits are some kind mixed and most of them speak both Amharic and Tigrigna but you have to understand why they are so desperate to be part of Amhara. I don't know if you followed the history of the struggle of Wolkaits. It is not Amharas in other parts that started this struggle but the Wolkaits themselves were the one who came to Amhara region and asked for help. They are also the one that are pushing and demanding to be included into Amhara region and will ultimately decide on their fate. If they want to stay with Tigray then no Amhara can force them to be part of Amhara region.

The real question is why are the wolkaits so desperate to be part of Amhara? It is because they fear that unlike Amhara, Tigray land is very dry and not fertile and so Tigreans come to Wolkait and take their land. Amharas don't go to Wolkait since they have enough land but Tigreans go to wolkait in search of fertile land. Wolkaits used to administer themselves, own their own land and hire Tigrean daily laborers when they were part of Gondar. That is exactly what they are looking for. If they are under Amhara they will be the owner of the land just like the good old days.

The wolkaits also reject the idea of becoming their own independent kilil/region. They fear if they become their own independent region and some day they have trouble with Tigray, Amhara will not be assisting them as it is now doing. So they insist to be part of Amhara to get a long term protection from Tigray. Their politicians are brilliant if you ask me. Very wise people.

Just this week they staged huge demonstration in Dansha/Wolkait (so called western Tigray) and said they will only accept good neighbors from Tigray but never an administration from Tigray. They have already elected their local administrations.

I just wanted to know how tigray the birth place of Abysinnia and capital of Abysina become dry and rocky.

Secondly Afowrki is originaly from Agame Tigray.A lot of Eritreans have been complainning that Tigrayans -Tigrinays (dont confuse with Eritrean Tigrinyas) have been given land in Masawa,Asab and have been settled in large numbers.

That Afaworki only hates TPLF and woukd do anything under the sun to wipe them out but has no beef with Tigrayans as he wants a reunion between Tigray and Eritrea.

Also whether we all hate on TPLF what matters is how Abye will carry himself in Tigray region as it is being liberated from TPLF.If the ENDF take sides with Amhara militia and start looting and killing then it will be the end of Abye.

Because the reason why TPLF today is being hunted and preyed on is because of the crimes they committed in the Ogaden region.

Every dictator in Ethiopia died dishonorably apart from Mengistu who will surely not be spared.

I just wanted to know how tigray the birth place of Abysinnia and capital of Abysina become dry and rocky.

Secondly Afowrki is originaly from Agame Tigray.A lot of Eritreans have been complainning that Tigrayans -Tigrinays (dont confuse with Eritrean Tigrinyas) have been given land in Masawa,Asab and have been settled in large numbers.

That Afaworki only hates TPLF and woukd do anything under the sun to wipe them out but has no beef with Tigrayans as he wants a reunion between Tigray and Eritrea.

Also whether we all hate on TPLF what matters is how Abye will carry himself in Tigray region as it is being liberated from TPLF.If the ENDF take sides with Amhara militia and start looting and killing then it will be the end of Abye.

Because the reason why TPLF today is being hunted and preyed on is because of the crimes they committed in the Ogaden region.

Every dictator in Ethiopia died dishonorably apart from Mengistu who will surely not be spared.

Why the heartland of Tigray is dry and rocky, I don't know but you can visit yourself and see that it is so.
I don't know if many Tigrinyas have been settled in Masawa and Assab as you know it is hard to verify information in Eritrea and most of it could be pure propaganda.

But the idea of uniting Eritrea with Tigray is not gonna happen. It is just a delusion of some on social media. It just doesn't have popular support. Besides, Eritreans will gain nothing other than becoming minority in their own land since Tigray has more population than Eritrea.

You have to understand that the Eritrean opposition loves to portray Isaias as an agame to discredit him and take him his Eritrean identity away. Government supporters also do the same on opposition figures. This is a well known practice in the Eritrean political landscape and I wouldn't buy too much into this kind of character assassination.

Amhara Liyu is only deployed in the areas that are considered Amhara lands and the Liyu thinks it is protecting Amhara land and people. It is not deployed beyond wolkait and raya. And we have seen that wolkaits and rayas are now very happy with amhara liyu and never complained about looting and killing. Why would Amhara liyu loot the area which it considers its own and is there for a long time to come? It just doesn't make sense.

And the federal army was stationed in Tigray for more than 20 years. It is not new that the army is in Tigray. In all those years, we have not heard even a single looting or rape case. The army is very much highly esteemed in Tigray for supporting the community, building schools and medical facilities etc. That is also the reason why the Tigray people are not attacking the army right now.

So the whole idea of the Amhara liyu or the federal Army looting and killing in Tigray is purely based on TPLF propaganda and not on actual facts.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual

Gabre lost his job in Somalia and now his home in Ethiopia:shookgabre::gaasdrink:
I wonder if this is a Habesha thing, but after somalia gave them massive amount of support against mengistu they pay back Somalis in Ogaden and Somalia with sending Amhara to torture, kill, rape, mutilate them. now you see Amhara militia's beheading there children and raping there women, you know what they say? ''what goes around comes around''.
Good news , Somalis are now 3rd Strongest ethnicity in Ethiopia.
Amhara would rather put EX TPLF member powerful position in the goverment than giving somalis any serious represantion. if you don't believe it tell me who runs the banks, telecommunication and airport in jigjiga?

Trending