Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Amhara unity is defined as follows: everybody should speak Amharic, embrace Amhara customary culture , have Amhara names, allow Amhara to take over their ancestral land etc
This is what Amhara call unity .A unity where only Amhara are educated mass and own wealth.
This was what Amhara did in Ethiopia for 109 years before TPLF came to level the field.

Hmm at below.

Simple, because almost all towns and cities in Oromia and South (including Addis Ababa) were founded during the time of Ethiopian Kings, all of whom spoke Amharic and were at least half Amharas and so brought their administration staff etc. with them to the newly founded towns. The biggest cities in most of Ethiopia, including Oromia are thus natively Amharic speaking, meaning that was so from the time of the foundation. That is why until today the lingua franca and the de facto official language of all these cities still is Amharic even though in many of these cities Amharic has no official status. But it is almost impossible in theses cities to do business and get a job etc. without speaking Amharic.

Last edited:
I don't know what Abiy is planning but in my view there is zero chance for a society to directly transfer to a stable democracy from ethnic based tribalism. At the moment, I see no chance of implementing a real democracy at this stage without resulting in civil war and the collapse of the state. Tribalism must have its place first like religion where everybody peacefully can exercise his language and costumes but should not be at the center of politics. Politics is the art of arguing and convincing ideas and can not go along with tribalism and religion. Only when tribalism and religion is out of the center of politics, only then can a society have a chance to transform to a democracy. This is my personal opinion though and I wish we live under a strong and wise dictator for the next 10-20 years and then slowly have a real democracy.
Why do amharas keep repeating"ethnic federalism tribalism" like we're all the same ethnic group??
Its either ethnic based federalism or no Ethiopia.
No amhara is going to be regional official anywhere than amhara regional state.
Put that through your thick heads.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I bet TPLF regrets taking part in destabilizing Somalia. They could have had a strong ally

Both Amxara and them hate Somalis, If Abiy is serious Amxara and Tigrays should be banned from powerful positions like PM.

Why do amharas keep repeating"ethnic federalism tribalism" like we're all the same ethnic group??
Its either ethnic based federalism or no Ethiopia.
No amhara is going to be regional official anywhere than amhara regional state.
Put that through your thick heads.

You have to distinguish between two crucial points. One is ethnic groups wanting to have their own federal states, using their languages as working language, exercising their culture etc. These are all legitimate democratic rights and No one is against these.

The problem with ethnic politics in Ethiopia is that it is toxic and is based on HATE. Hate against other ethnic groups specially Amhara and neighboring ethnic groups. We have already seen the dramatic impact of enter-ethnic fighting in the last 4 years that displaced close to 3 million innocent civilians and made Ethiopia the #1 country in internally displaced person (IDP) even more than war-torn countries like Syria and Yemen. The Somali vs Oromo war alone displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Thank God the enter ethnic wars could be stopped due to the intervention of a functioning federal army.

Now, if we let every extremist party and activist from every ethnic group participate in a democratic election the result is predictable. In a primitive and tribal society like ours, every ethnic groups will vote for the most extreme candidate that will promise not to compromise an inch. That would be a disaster and any sane person can see where that would take the country.

That is why I say until we have a HEALTHY ethnic politics that promotes living peacefully with the neighbors, that is not based on hate but cooperation, that believes in discussing issues and not fighting and that is willing to compromise (i.e. give and take), until the ethnic based politics is not showing these kind of mature features, I see no chance the federal government would let a real democracy be implemented now. That would be a complete disaster and would lead to a state collapse.

The federal government is now left with nothing but to crush any extremist movements, activism and media in the bud just like it did with the likes of Jawar and Eskinder before they create huge disaster. For now any extremist activist, media and political party that promotes hate and extremism will be crushed until everybody understands that you can have ethnic politics but not extremism and hate based politics. The fed can't let these people or parties roam freely in the name democracy. That is not gonna happen. Every ethnic group can demand and fight for his own right. No problem with that but never ever try to create hate between communities and other ethnic groups. If you do that the fed will catch you and throw you in jail. That is the new rule in town.

Last edited:
You have to distinguish between two crucial points. One is ethnic groups wanting to have their own federal states, using their languages as working language, exercising their culture etc. These are all legitimate democratic rights and No one is against these.

The problem with ethnic politics in Ethiopia is that it is toxic and is based on HATE. Hate against other ethnic groups specially Amhara and neighboring ethnic groups. We have already seen the dramatic impact of enter-ethnic fighting in the last 4 years that displaced close to 3 million innocent civilians and made Ethiopia the #1 country in internally displaced person (IDP) even more than war-torn countries like Syria and Yemen. The Somali vs Oromo war alone displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Thank God the enter ethnic wars could be stopped due to the intervention of a functioning federal army.

Now, if we let every extremist party and activist from every ethnic group participate in a democratic election the result is predictable. In a primitive and tribal society like ours, every ethnic groups will vote for the most extreme candidate that will promise not to compromise an inch. That would be a disaster and any sane person can see where that would take the country.

That is why I say until we have a HEALTHY ethnic politics that promotes living peacefully with the neighbors, that is not based on hate but cooperation, that believes in discussing issues and not fighting and that is willing to compromise (i.e. give and take), until the ethnic based politics is not showing these kind of mature features, I see no chance the federal government would let a real democracy be implemented now. That would be a complete disaster and would lead to a state collapse.

The federal government is now left with nothing but with crushing any extremist movements, activism and media in the bud just like it did with the likes of Jawar and Eskinder before they create huge disaster. For now any extremist activist, media and political party that promotes hate and extremism will be crushed until everybody understands that you can have ethnic politics but not extremism and hate based politics. The fed can't let these people or parties roam freely in the name democracy. That is not gonna happen. Every ethnic group can demand and fight for his own right. No problem but never ever try to create hate between communities and other ethnic groups. If you do that the fed will catch you and throw you in jail. That is the new rule in town.
You are a classical example of the pot calling the kettle black .Amhara taught others about racism,nepotism and intolerance for 109 years thanks to the white man babysitting them.

You are a classical example of the pot calling the kettle black .Amhara taught others about racism,nepotism and intolerance for 109 years thanks to the white man babysitting them.

Just compare us (you and me). How many times you called Amhara every evil word under the sun and how many times I did the same to your ethnic group? That is the difference. We are not on the same level. You are soaked in the primitive tribal hate based politics and until you come out of it, you will have zero chance of participating in Ethiopian politics. You can though blabber here until you faint. Bye.

Just compare us (you and me). How many times you called Amhara every evil word under the sun and how many times I did the same to your ethnic group? That is the difference. We are not on the same level. You are soaked in the primitive tribal hate based politics and until you come out of it, you will have zero chance of participating in Ethiopian politics. You can though blabber here until you faint. Bye.
Because I call a spade a spade.

I dont hide behind curtains like you.
You are the one that is primitive rejoicing about the bombing of makelle and supporting a blood thirsty dictator who will ensure your Amhara people come to power and exploit others.
You have nothing new apart from rebranding old obsolete 18th century policies and beliefs.

You want me to call you Ethiopian sorry I will call you Amhara to differentiate between peace loving Ethiopians and power hungry and blood thirsty ethnic group.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Somalis and Amharas are not tribes of one ethnic group. We are not one people just like Germans are not French. So, there is no primitive tribal hate here but dislike of Habashi-dominated (Amhara and Tigrayan) Ethiopia.

Stop lying, you propaganda nigga! Do you work for the Ethiopian government?

Last edited: