Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

As one of the above Ethiopian participants said there won't be winners in this war, only losers.

The social fabric of your nation is devolving. It looks like this time the West won't be coming to save its colonial project called Ethiopia.
Yeah they will not

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
That would be better if implemented but its the western imperialists that would strongly rejected it. They wanna us to live as they designed 100 years ago so that we have to fight over freedom, power sharing and the likes every now and then instead of thinking about development.

As for ethiopia, I think its doomed and on the verge of becoming another war torn country, even if tigray lost this war, the showdown will just shift to Amhara-oromo which will never go along well with eachother cuz of all the hatred and the paranoid attitude toward eachother and more importantly the land related conflicts especially Addisababa.
But the only way that erhiopia can be balkanized is through strong Oromo movement of Independence which is unlikely, but if oromo remains silent westerners will just have to support who ever in charge of the state as usual to prevent the collapse of the state.
Sometimes independence falls on your laps. Look at the ex-Soviet republics. They became independent not engaging in wars and often without firing a single shot. As a matter of fact, many of them didn't even want to be independent at all and were forced to become one.

As long as Ethiopia collapses from within, Somalia might be able to unite. We need to support Tigray and then Oromia.

Geopolitics of the West has changed significantly. There is no cold war. The lines between the West and the East are blurred and placed behind the international trade and information technologies. And there are new regional actors that are getting stronger by the day: Turkey and Israel.

I am not all so sure that Ethiopia has the West's back anymore.

I am hoping Egypt will step in and finish Ethiopia in its present form. Egyptian military is much stronger than Ethiopian. Support of Tigray and destruction of the GERD dam will put an end to Ethiopia we know today.

Last edited:

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Sadacha is 100% Oromo, I recognized him from the days of Mereja and somnet forum before it was dead.

He can be delusional at times but is definitely an Oromo.

AbdiGeedi

TPLF re-captured Shire and Axum from the feds. Battle for Alamata is ongoing. Hospitals are full of wounded federal soldiers.

axum-shire.PNG

TPLF re-captured Shire and Axum from the feds. Battle for Alamata is ongoing. Hospitals are full of wounded federal soldiers.

View attachment 153871

Great if this lasts months or years

AbdiGeedi

Great if this lasts months or years
I think Tigray's problem is not manpower but reliable weapons supply. Reportedly it has 250,000 strong armed force. I hope Egypt and Sudan will step in and provide arms if the supplies get low.

AbdiGeedi

No rocket attacks on Addis yet, but plenty at Amhara Region and Eritrea.

Technical limitation or is it really Amharas vs Tigrayans conflict?