Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

This is what I don’t understand when I see Somalis rooting for one Habeshi over the other. Both Tigray and Amhara are enemies of Somalis. We really shouldn’t root for either one of them. They’re both wrestling to be the superpower of Ethiopia.

Tigray seceding doesn’t benefit them, they’d be a landlocked country surrounded by 2 enemies Ethiopia and Eritrea. I Personally think it’s in their best interest to cooperate with their Amharic counterparts to come to some sort of compromise
Who is routing for who I support victory for both of them let them keep fighting for years.

Let me tell you the difference between Tigray vs Amhara feudalists.

For started the ENDF fighting against Tigray were the ones committing attrocities in Somali regions upon the orders of TPLF leaders.
So they are using the same weapons they were using to kill somalis amongst each other.
What does Tigrayans want they want federalsim which they control.and would want to eat most of the national cake(.Ethiopian resources) and leave left overs to the rest of Ethiopians including Somalis.

As for Amhara feudalists they want to eat all the national cake( national resources).alone including licking the plate that held the cake.They will share nothing with the rest of Ethiopians even the scent of the cake.As for Aomalis Amhara dont beleive Somalis belong to Ethiopia and would try to displace Somalis and steal their land by force and kill as many somalis as possible which will make what Tigray people were doing for the 27 look like nothing.

Its Haile Selasie who was given the land Ogaden after lobbying with the US of its future resources.Once he was given the masscres, attrocities and killings started even without resistance.

So Tigrayans are lesser evil as compared to Amhara firthermore Abye is a Murtad he is even worse than these xabashi.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Notice how big that amhara portion is they will still more land from Oromo and Benishangul.

This will never happen.
North part also include Afar and Tigray, it would be the end of ethnic federalism.

so how come there's beef between them? and why doesn't eritrea push for tplf breaking away?
The beef started when when Meles kicked out all Eritreans who were many generations living in Ethiopia especially Addis Ababa.They were given one way ticket to Asmara.
Afaworki was controlling TPLF and Addis ababa affairs but later Meles got wiser and smarter and during the Alitahd wars in the Ogaden.US gave Ethiopia weapons that is when Meles grew balls.
Then it escalated into becoming an Issue when Afaworki demanded that Meles to pay for the Asab port facilities using foreign exchange rather than Birr.

You have to know it was Afaworki who didnt want the Ogaden to gain independence and had sided pushed Meles to employ aggressive mechanism to overcome any rebellion in the Ogaden region.More than 10K Eritreans died in the Ogaden fighting ONLF and Alitihad in different periods.

When later the 1998 war broke Meles used all Ethiopian ethnic groups to fight Eritrea and also recruited more than 10K somalis .It was somalis that made the war decisive and Eritrea was defeated in the war by Ethiopia.Meles over run all the Eritrean posts and if he wanted would have invaded Asmara that time but due to IC pressure he took over Badme and left Eritrea.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
This is what I don’t understand when I see Somalis rooting for one Habeshi over the other. Both Tigray and Amhara are enemies of Somalis. We really shouldn’t root for either one of them. They’re both wrestling to be the superpower of Ethiopia.

I am rooting for the Tigrayans. I changed my mind about the dam. I was for it before, now I wish it to be destroyed by Egypt.

Why?

1. Abiy is an Amhara warmonger. His Oromoness has come off. His peace-maker image is in shatters now internationally. Nigga reverted to his violent side.

2. Let's remember what Ethiopia has done to Somalia by supporting the split along the SL and Som line. Let Tigray become Ethiopia's Somaliland. And let Egypt interfere in Ethiopia and inflict damage to it just like what Ethiopia did to Somalia.

sl-ethiopia.png

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I am rooting for the Tigrayans. I changed my mind about the dam. I was for it before, now I wish it to be destroyed by Egypt.

Why?

1. Abiy is an Amhara warmonger. His Oromoness has come off. His peace-maker image is in shatters now internationally. Nigga reverted to his violent side.

2. Let's remember what Ethiopia has done to Somalia by supporting the split along the SL and Som line. Let Tigray become Ethiopia's Somaliland. And let Egypt interfere in Ethiopia and inflict damage to it just like what Ethiopia did to Somalia.

View attachment 152476
Bro I kinda disagree with you. Abiye Ahmed was the one who instigated the Somalia-Somaliland talks in Djibouti. He was clearly on Farmaajo side on a one Somalia policy.

If anything Abiye Ahmed went against Ethiopia policy to divide Somalis. Hypothetically if Somalia and Somaliland were to reunite then K5 would be free that would be Ethiopia worst nightmare a unified strong Somalia

Bro I kinda disagree with you. Abiye Ahmed was the one who instigated the Somalia-Somaliland talks in Djibouti. He was clearly on Farmaajo side on a one Somalia policy.

If anything Abiye Ahmed went against Ethiopia policy to divide Somalis. Hypothetically if Somalia and Somaliland were to reunite then K5 would be free that would be Ethiopia worst nightmare a unified strong Somalia
Abye wants to rule Somalia under one proxy that will be answerable to him and that is the gullible Farmajo.

Abye is a murtad who has refused to accwpt.Allah do you think a murtad like him will bring good news to muslim Somalia?

Secondly and most crucial Abye will be gone once the Tigray war is wrapped up Amhara have been expanding themselves and trying to get a grip of his government especially now that the recent reshufflement of positions within his govt while Even the Oromos within his PP party have split after it become evident that most of the job allocations have favoured Amharas over Oromos.

So cone next elections Abye will not be the chairman of PP he will be replaced by an Amhara who believe that Abyes job is done.

AbdiGeedi

You are forgetting the scare Habashis had when Biixi entertained the idea of the Egyptian base in Somaliland. Habashi delegation was in SL. They even put in a permanent Habashi liaison in Hargeisa.

Abiy has Farmaajo in his pocket, unlike Biixi. That's why Abiy was pushing the talks in Djibouti. Consider it as continuation of Abiy's PP policies. Amharas are flooding to Jijiga and even reaching Somaliland. Their ultimate goal to get permanent sea access through incorporating Somalia.

AbdiGeedi

Abiy has resorted to terrorism in Tigray.

@Django The Time article was informative.

From the article:

When TIME visited the Tigrayan capital of Mekele in March 2019, the region was already spoiling for a fight. “We feel like we are being targeted,” warned Debretsion Gebremichael, chairman of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front, in an interview. “Abiy has to understand that people are not happy, and these grievances have to be addressed as soon as possible.” At the time Gebremichael was deeply concerned that Abiy’s reform campaign and call for national unity would turn the country away from the federalized balance of power into to a centralized state, with little room for ethnic, cultural and linguistic autonomy. “The people of each region must govern themselves, elect their own leaders and use their own language. To dismantle federalism in the name of unity, it will lead to conflict.”

While it is impossible to assess the situation on the ground—reports are still emerging of continued airstrikes—Tigrayans are not going to succumb easily. The ICG’s Mahtani estimates that, between local militias and a large, well-trained paramilitary force, Tigray could have up to 250,000 troops, and it appears that the TPLF has the support from the region’s approximately six million people. Back in March 2019, TPLF chair Gebremichael boasted that the war with Eritrea had sharpened their skills, and that “even the elders were giving me spears” to take on the central government. On Nov. 12, the TPLF declared their own state of emergency and called upon all Tigrayans to “defend the security and existence of the people of Tigray and their sovereignty.”

As I said before the TPLF is morphing from pan-Ethiopian player into a force that serves the Tigrayan national movement.

The war will force Tigray to push for independence. And it looks like Abiy's accusation that the TPLF is engaging in terrorism is not being accepted internationally since Abiy didn't provide compelling evidence to back up his claims.

Then, on Nov. 2, Ethiopia’s federal parliament designated the TPLF a terrorist group ..... Although the government’s accusations that the TPLF have committed terrorist acts throughout the country appear to lack evidence

Trending