Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
I find it odd that Afwerki wants to dominate the Horn. He has no levers to sustain long-term power projection over Ethiopia unless his plan is to keep major ethnic groups fighting one another in perpetuity. In that case, Afwerki wouldn't want the TPLF to lose the war. However it doesn't seem like that at the moment.

I wager it is Abiy who is trying to come up on top of the rest, including Afwerki. Two words that describe it all : Prosperity Party (PP).
Remember that Afwerki has basically convince Abiy to start civil war. dude is untochable by the IC because he has the power op out of the Peace agreement and only one that would be blamed would Abiy ahmed. the difference between ethiopia and eritrea, is that ethiopia is a collection of nation held together by a sopthiscated military(for african standard) while Eritrea is a army that happense to control a nation.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Afawerki is shrewd, he doesn't want one group to completely destroy the other. He wants both of them to wage war in perpetuity. If there's a clear winner, a new horn superpower might rise. He doesn't want that.
What would Afwerki do when Amharas get the upper hand over Tigrayans? Start attacking Amharas just like he is attacking Tigrayans at the moment or provide arms to the TPLF?

I doubt this approach would be effective if Amhara fascism prevails in Ethiopia. Besides, from @xabashi 's posts here I understood that Amharas view Oromos as a side show. Habashis view Cushites as inferiors to themselves be it Oromos, Somalis or Afars.

AbdiGeedi

Remember that Afwerki has basically convince Abiy to start civil war. dude is untochable by the IC because he has the power op out of the Peace agreement and only one that would be blamed would Abiy ahmed. the difference between ethiopia and eritrea, is that ethiopia is a collection of nation held together by a sopthiscated military(for african standard) while Eritrea is a army that happense to control a nation.
Considering Sudan's acceptance by the West and as atrocities by Abiy/Afwerki against Tigrayans reach the breaking point, the international community might turn against both fascist clowns.

The Armenia-Azerbaijan war thought us that fortunes can turn 180 degrees in a matter of few weeks. Armenia was untouchable 6 weeks ago, but now it is being shit on.

Last edited:

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Considering Sudan's acceptance by the West and as atrocities by Abiy/Afwerki against Tigrayans reach the breaking point, the international community might turn against both fascist clowns.

The Armenia-Azerbaijan war thought us that fortunes can turn 180 degrees in a matter of few weeks. Armenia was untouchable 6 weeks ago, but now it is being shit on.
The west doens't care if christian nation are commiting human rights violations. TPLF ruled for almost 3 decade with miminal push back from the West,

Last edited:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Its hard not to be happy there actions from 06/07 on both Somalia and Somali region makes it hard not wish these people the worst. “anti-terror” is about as bad as it gets :banderas:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Most of the dead bodies were found in the town centre, near the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, and along a road that exits to the neighbouring Humera town, according to the witnesses and verified images.

People who saw the dead bodies told Amnesty International that they had gaping wounds that appear to have been inflicted by sharp weapons such as knives and machetes, reports which have been confirmed by an independent pathologist commissioned by Amnesty International. Witnesses said there were no signs of gunshot wounds.

The witnesses said that together with the EDF soldiers, they found some wounded people among the dead and took them to nearby hospitals in Abreha-Jira and Gondar, before removing dead bodies from the streets.

“Those wounded told me they were attacked with machetes, axes and knives. You can also tell from the wounds that those who died were attacked by sharp objects. It is horrible and I am really sad that I witnessed this in my life,” one distraught witness said.
Amnesty International has not yet been able to confirm who was responsible for the killings, but has spoken to witnesses who said forces loyal to the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) were responsible for the mass killings, apparently after they suffered defeat from the federal EDF forces.

Three people told Amnesty International that survivors of the massacre told them that they were attacked by members of Tigray Special Police Force and other TPLF members.

“There was a military operation by the EDF and Amhara Special Force against the Tigray Special Police and militia at a place called Lugdi during the daytime on 9 November. After they defeated the Tigray forces, the EDF spent the night on the outskirts of Mai-Kadra town. When we entered, we saw a lot of dead bodies, soaked in blood, on the streets and rental dormitories frequented by seasonal workers. The view was really debasing, and I am still in shock struggling to cope with the experience,” a civilian who entered the town after it was retaken by EDF told Amnesty International.

This was corroborated by another who said: “We went to the town immediately after the army and the Amhara Special Force took control of Mai-Kadra town on 10 November around 10 am. The army entered … after encircling the town overnight. There was no exchange of fire for the army to take over the town. But when we entered the town, what we saw was devastating. The roads were strewn with dead bodies especially in the centre of the town, and on the road the connects the town to Humera.”
While the official death toll in Mai-Kadra is not yet known, the Amhara regional government’s media agency AMMA reported there were around 500 victims, adding that they were primarily non-Tigrayan residents of the town. A man who is helping to clear the bodies from the streets told Amnesty International that he had looked at the state-issued identification cards of some victims, and most were Amhara.
source.gif

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Tigray media are reporting that Abiy bombed Tekeze Dam, but this hasn't been verified.
Their propaganda isn't working like they thought so they're panicking.
:mjlol:

AbdiGeedi

Abiy's collection of wrongdoings is growing by the day. What a fascist Abiy is! Could you believe he was awarded Nobel Prize for Peace few years ago? All these sufferings Abiy imposed on Tigrayans for holding elections in the own state, the Tigray Region.

Naayaa you seem agitated. You said the army will close this operation within 1 week two weeks ago. Now we see government officials donating blood, a jet downed by the TPLF. You're in for a long run, don't waste your gas tank by having emotional outbursts

Man, the war is just one week and 1 day old. How can I predict the war two weeks ago? :ftw9nwa: I said 1-2 weeks and I still stand by this, may be max 3 weeks. So I have still time :ftw9nwa: Honestly, I am hearing the army is now around Adwa, if that is confirmed then it is a 3-4 hour drive to Mekele. So my prediction is very realistic.

125111048_2490273077939285_8789223995410494541_n.jpg

same shit different asshole. no one will be tricked by your goverement enforced rallies and no i don't give a shit what ONLF think or does at this point.

Wow wow, I have nothing to do with your rallies. Stay in your lane. Blame your local officials. Amharas and Addis Ababa forced their regional governments to cancel the rally. Others should do the same.

:ohno::idontlike:

What would Afwerki do when Amharas get the upper hand over Tigrayans? Start attacking Amharas just like he is attacking Tigrayans at the moment or provide arms to the TPLF?

I doubt this approach would be effective if Amhara fascism prevails in Ethiopia. Besides, from @xabashi 's posts here I understood that Amharas view Oromos as a side show. Habashis view Cushites as inferiors to themselves be it Oromos, Somalis or Afars.

Of course their could be another hostility etc. but I don't expect such. I think there is nothing that can clash Amhara and Eritrea from now on. Eritrea gets its Badme and then both countries will start economic cooperation (but all must be done legally just like Ethio-Djibouti). As long as everything is conducted legally and Eritrea is viewed and treated as any foreign country, then I don't expect any big problem. I hope Ethiopian government has learned from the past mistake and will not treat Ethio-Eritrean economic cooperation as inner country (kilil-federal) cooperation. That would be very bad. Ethio-Djibouti, Ethio-Eritrea, Ethio-Kenya etc. should all be viewed and treated equally. Then both countries can benefit and we would avoid any complication.

Federal police said that the federal high court today issued an arrest warrant on top TPLF leaders and Tigray administrators accusing them of committing treason against the Ethiopian state by attacking the northern Army command.

Now the Army and federal police have a legal green light to arrest these individuals whenever and wherever they are found.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Wow wow, I have nothing to do with your rallies. Stay in your lane. Blame your local officials. Amharas and Addis Ababa forced their regional governments to cancel the rally. Others should do the same.

:ohno::idontlike:
Nigga, this isn't a democracy cagjar was handpicked by abiy ahmed and is constantly pandering to your folks. we won't be fooled once again and blame state officials installed by Addis Ababa rather than the institution that put them in power.

ah, dirty scum ahmara and dirty scum tgra, a blessing from Allah what what these to have done to ethiopia, may they wipe each other out insha Allah

ahmara are pussies, they do not and cannot fight heart to heart, tigra much better fighters, ahmara will use or force abiy to use others to fight for them like eriteria and other ethnics, they are cowards, big pussies, thats why they lost Ethiopia to tigra for so many years

may they kill each other and their children and females my they all be destroyed insha Allah

thanks to god, please pray salat and make dua in every salat, dump as rock ahmara are taking their kids and wives to the battle field as a camera show propaganda, may they all be used as canon fodder by tigra artillary amiin

indeed god is merciful, kind and gracious, he is giving us a sweet revenge

dirty naftanyas will be killed like canon fodder amiin