Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

I have never read tigraionline. Tigray is not as barren as you claim. It only needs one ally right now and that country is Egypt. Sudan is definitely not rooting for Ethiopia, but concerned about possible spill-over of the fighting to its side. Don't underestimate people's resistance. Just look at landlocked Afghanistan and years of war it endured against Russia.

View attachment 151050
Afghanistan had the most powerful ally in the world aiding them against Russia, i.e USA. They also had regional allies like Pakistan from where they were able to form bases, regroup and enforce their units conducting guerilla warfare, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Egypt is not going to do anything except send empty social media threats, they can't even control the Sinai. This aint the 60's bro, Nasser is dead

ONLF is on the ground but you are consuming TPLF propaganda. That is the difference.
ONLF is a waste they have been bought out by EPP.
They cant even cepebrate 2 years of peace they made with Abye before their leaders being thrown in prison

This is not the ONLF we knew and they are no better than Mustafa Cagjar.
A bunch of leadership seeking wasteman.

Just look at Amhara terrorist Fano movment even joining the war.

TPLF did many creul acts more on other ethnic groups and I am expecting Amhara to letAbye as a functioning govt fight his own battles.
But when you see even a normal amhara peasant leaving his farm and heading to the border this even never happened in 1977 war with Somalia.

This is deep seated hatred and greed for power nothing more.This guys hate Tigrayans more than even their eternal enemies ala Somalis.

Afghanistan had the most powerful ally in the world aiding them against Russia, i.e USA. They also had regional allies like Pakistan from where they were able to form bases, regroup and enforce their units conducting guerilla warfare, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Egypt is not going to do anything except send empty social media threats, they can't even control the Sinai. This aint the 60's bro, Nasser is dead
We have many exampleslike the war in Tigray.

Like the US war in Iraq,Meles invasion of Somalia.
Saudi invasion of Yemen.
All had one thing in common they were to arrogant and short sighted.

Amhara are racist beings they love war they love seeing others die.But the moment they see blood from asmall scratch on their neck they will cry as if this is the end of the world.

Expect Amhara body bags asap.

ONLF is a waste they have been bought out by EPP.
They cant even cepebrate 2 years of peace they made with Abye before their leaders being thrown in prison

This is not the ONLF we knew and they are no better than Mustafa Cagjar.
A bunch of leadership seeking wasteman.

Just look at Amhara terrorist Fano movment even joining the war.

TPLF did many creul acts more on other ethnic groups and I am expecting Amhara to letAbye as a functioning govt fight his own battles.
But when you see even a normal amhara peasant leaving his farm and heading to the border this even never happened in 1977 war with Somalia.

This is deep seated hatred and greed for power nothing more.This guys hate Tigrayans more than even their eternal enemies ala Somalis.

Yes, Amharas hate TPLF (not tigreans) to death for its crime against Amharas and for taking their land like wolkait. I called in Gondar and they said this is the time they have been waiting for the last 29 years and everybody wants to go to war against TPLF. Amhara Liyu and the army are now not accepting everybody. Even farmers from Showa are heading north. If PM Abiy calls for recrutes now, thousands will join voluntarily.

Turns out Isayas isn't going to join the war.

It wasn't that hard to figure it out, why would Isayas assist naftanyas who believe Eritrea is part of their abbasynian kingdom? :dead:

Yes, Amharas hate TPLF (not tigreans) to death for its crime against Amharas and for taking their land like wolkait. I called in Gondar and they said this is the time they have been waiting for the last 29 years and everybody wants to go to war against TPLF. Amhara Liyu and the army are now not accepting everybody. Even farmers from Showa are heading north. If PM Abiy calls for recrutes now, thousands will join voluntarily.
You hate Tigriyans.Wolkait is not amhara land and has never been amhara land Raya, qimat, argoba etc people are not Amhara they are minorities

How come Amhara who were supporting Meles invasion of Somalia did not volunteer to go to Somaliain 2006 if they love duty this much?

The answer is simple those famers are heading to loot, kill and rape once the cities fall to ENDF.
Not even a mouse will be left in peace in Tigray.

It wasn't that hard to figure it out, why would Isayas assist naftanyas who believe Eritrea is part of their kingdom? :dead:
Isayas is a snake he wanted the war.
Maybe he will join once ENDF and its allies are significantly weaknened.

Isayas is a snake he wanted the war.
Maybe he will join once ENDF and its allies are significantly weaknened.
Believe me comrade, Isayas tricked Abiy to go into war and then watch the fireworks from distance.. he wasn't fighting for half of his lifetime to end up helping his first enemy back into power.

Believe me comrade, Isayas tricked Abiy to go into war and then watch the fireworks from distance.. he wasn't fighting for half of his lifetime to end up helping his first enemy back into power.
Isayas after seeing how passionate Amhara are will not side with them at all costs.

He will wait till they are all weakened and will just enter Tigray and spread his military accross.
Abye will be another Farmajo.

You hate Tigriyans.Wolkait is not amhara land and has never been amhara land Raya, qimat, argoba etc people are not Amhara they are minorities

How come Amhara who were supporting Meles invasion of Somalia did not volunteer to go to Somaliain 2006 if they love duty this much?

The answer is simple those famers are heading to loot, kill and rape once the cities fall to ENDF.
Not even a mouse will be left in peace in Tigray.

Tigray then

Northern-Ethiopia-old-1-e1553471142613.jpg

Tigray now
Ethiopia_regions_english2.png

gonder-before-and-after-1991.jpg

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual

It wasn't that hard to figure it out, why would Isayas assist naftanyas who believe Eritrea is part of their abbasynian kingdom? :dead:
killing two bird with one stone. what Isaias end game?
Tigray then

Northern-Ethiopia-old-1-e1553471142613.jpg

Tigray now
Ethiopia_regions_english2.png

gonder-before-and-after-1991.jpg
You're not getting sympathy from us. after megistu settle you sqautters in jigjiga and dir dhabe post 1977 war. leave lands that don't belong to first before you cry about land theft.

Last edited:
Isayas after seeing how passionate Amhara are will not side with them at all costs.

He will wait till they are all weakened and will just enter Tigray and spread his military accross.
Abye will be another Farmajo.

Eritrea doesn't want to "spread its militray across" as you said. All they have been saying the last 20 years is "handover our land Badme that was awarded to us by the international court" and they will get it peacefully. No need to intervene. Abiy wanted to hand over peacefully but TPLF and Tigreans protested so he has to delay it.

killing two bird with one stone. what Isaias end game?

you're not getting sympathy from us. after megistu settle you sqautters in jigjiga and dir dhabe after 1977. leave lands that don't belong to first before cry about land theft.

Who asked sympathy from you? Are you ok? I am just explaining why Amharas hate TPLF. No one asked for your sympathy.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
I looked into it. Ethiopia is a perfect candidate for repeating the Yugoslavian scenario. Abiy wants a more centralized system of governance and ended up marginalizing the TPLF when it refused to join his Prosperity Party. The TPLF slowly moved back to their hometurf, the Tigray Region (TR) and started adopting the Tigrayan ideology of nationalism. Abiy started isolating the TR by blocking federal grants and in/out thoroughfares and also partially blockading the region though not allowing building roads. As a result, Tigrayans now view themselves as not being part of Ethiopia or more precisely part of the multi-ethnic community of Ethiopia. The Amharas and Oromos have also marginalized the Tigrayans elsewhere within the country, even calling them derogatory names. There is a whole new generation of the Tigrayan youth who don't buy into the TPLF's ideology and are purely nationalistic. The closeness of Abiy and Afwerki has convinced the Tigrayans even more that the Amharas want to isolate and destroy them completely. Hence, their determination for holding independent elections in Tigray.

Unfortunately for Ethiopia, Abiy is really a bad chess player who thinks he is the grand-master.

There were two things that needed to be upheld to avoid balkanization of Ethiopia:

1) Avoidance of direct military confrontation

2) Keeping negotiation channels open

Abiy messed up both of them. He shut any possibility of negotiations with the Tigray Region and engaged in direct military action with them.

What I am hearing is that yesterday's airstrikes by Abiy were heavy and caused a lot of death in the Tigray Region.

The Tigrayans won't stop now and most likely will take up independence movement. Also, the sizeable Tigrayan army has actual combat experience gained during the war with Eritrea.

I don't know if it is a coincidence or some sort of actual coordination between Egypt and Tigray. The Nile dam talks among Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan has failed once again this week. After the collapse Sudan made a proposal to have the AU as a mediator. Ethiopia supported it. However, Egypt rejected it. And within few days Addis Ababa and Mekelle went to war. Coincidence?

Keep in mind that the TPLF spokesman, Getachew Reda, has met with the Egyptian officials in Cairo in 2019 during the dam talks.

In conclusion, the situation is spiraling out of control in Ethiopia and might reach the point of no return the Yugoslavian style.

Please read Kjetil Tronvoll's in-depth article about Tigray and Ethiopia. He is a university professor from Norway with more than 30 year experience of researching and covering the Ethiopian affairs. After reading him you will quickly understand that @xabashi is doing propaganda here.

Last edited:
Eritrea doesn't want to "spread its militray across" as you said. All they have been saying the last 20 years is "handover our land Badme that was awarded to us by the international court" and they will get it peacefully. No need to intervene. Abiy wanted to hand over peacefully but TPLF and Tigreans protested so he has to delay it.
Naah Isayas is as ambitious as Abye or Meles.
Whoever controls the Horn of Africa is the Big Boss.

Meles was one big player.Afaworki will.control Ethiopia sooner or later.

Cucks. There is no democratic transformation. I never expected the ONLF to support a man who is trying to dismantle ethnic federalism.

you know who I am, crow, i will not say my name,

anyway, dont throw words like cucks, the worst outcome is a super strong abiy ahmed and ahmara, we need a de facto situation where both parties cannot defeat each other and constantly at each others throats, for the worst thing is a a very strong of either parties taking over Ethiopia, we need them to be in a state of this stalemate until this shythole cursed country dies and becomes like Yugoslavia with ideally a landlocked tigra, ahmar and oromo dependent on somalia and sudan for goods imports,

well done JWXO, play both sides, never side with ne side, its war and the worst thing that can happen is a very strong abiy/ahmara or a very strong tplf, we need them both to kill each other, as much of each other as possible with out a victor coming through, and if its victory it should be a pyrrhic so its easier to slip out and get concessions from a weakened state and ahmara does not get back any of her lands for next will be canfar and bani shunguli and the other ethnic groups,

excellent well played ONLF,

dirty habash dogs please carry on killing each other, just make sure no victor wins all, we need a stalemate that harms your economic development as you lot squabble over each other

1604675953048.png

Naah Isayas is as ambitious as Abye or Meles.
Whoever controls the Horn of Africa is the Big Boss.

Meles was one big player.Afaworki will.control Ethiopia sooner or later.

We have not seen this "ambition" so far. What we have seen is Eritrea asking what is legally its which is fair play in my view. Ethiopia should respect international court and hand over Badme. That is just fair game.

We have not seen this "ambition" so far. What we have seen is Eritrea asking what is legally its which is fair play in my view. Ethiopia should respect international court and hand over Badme. That is just fair game.
You think a seasoned politicians of 30 years players same card as you?

He will check mate you before you realise.

Afaworki was a politician even before Abye was born.

What good comes from a dictator who fought Ethiopia to get Eritrea indipendent only to convert Eritrea into a big Jail.
Eritrea was better of as part of Ethiopia than it is right now.

Badme is a lousy excuse a shit hole.full of rocks.There is no oil or gold.or even farmlands in Badme.Just dusty rocks.

I have to update my prediction and reduce the length of the operation to now may be 1-2 weeks :ftw9nwa:

PM Abiy is giving press release. The air force completely destroyed all rockets and missiles that was stationed around Mekele in Tigray. He said now there is no more big threat from TPLF and the operation will be accomplished very fast. He listed the following remaining tasks:

• disarm any security force of the Regional State and to maintain the peace and security of the civilian population;
• Impose restrictions on modes of transportation
• Impose curfew
• Detain those it suspects taking part in illegal activities that endanger the constitutional order
• Use proportionate force to restore law and order
• Take measures necessary in furtherance of the objectives of the State of Emergency

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts