Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

Aren't the Christian Highlanders in Eritrea ethnic Tigrayans aka Tigrinyas? Why are you camouflaging this fact while distinctly pointing Tigres out? Why didn't you call the Tigres simply the Muslims?

I am starting to think you are another confused Oromo who is sympathizing with the Amharas.

Yes they are tigrinyas, same thing, tomato, tomatoe, etc.
tigre are muslim majority, that's why, it's obvious to anyone who knows that.
there are 9 ethnic groups, the ones who are majority muslims are: tigre, saho, afar, rashaida-a small group, and the bilen are mixed- the urban ones, have mixed with the tigrinya group and are christians mostly, while the rural ones are muslim and have mostly intermarried/mixed with the tigre.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
The longer this goes, Abiy will be forced to negotiate and resign by USA/IC.
Today we live in the world of multipolarity. I don't see the US/EU pushing Abiy to stop. There are 115 million people living in this shithole offering no clear geopolitical benefit to the West.

The West has Egypt, Sudan and Saudi Arabia its pocket. There is no real use of Ethiopia for them. Just re-listen to what Trump said about the GERD. I don't believe Biden will be any different. The sole purpose of the US politicians in the Middle East is to serve the Israeli interests. Oil is secondary.

If anything can stop Abiy it is the lack of money, the destruction of the GERD by Egypt and military losses on the ground. IMHO.

Last edited:

AbdiGeedi

Yes they are tigrinyas, same thing, tomato, tomatoe, etc.
Horn politics are fucked up. Farmaajo/Biixi are perfectly fine with Amharas/Oromos taking over DDS. Afwerki is happy with Amharas/Oromos crushing his own people, Tigrayans.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Today we live in the world of multipolarity. I don't see the US/EU pushing Abiy to stop. There are 115 million people living in this shithole offering no clear geopolitical benefit to the West.

The West has Egypt, Sudan and Saudi Arabia its pocket. There is no real use of Ethiopia for them. Just re-listen to what Trump said about the GERD. I don't believe Biden will be any different. The sole purpose of the US politicians in the Middle East is to serve the Israeli interests. Oil is secondary.

If anything can stop Abiy it is the lack of money and the destruction of the GERD by Egypt. IMHO.

Trumps admin doesn't care but Obama's admin was close with TPLF from what I hear, and Bidens incoming National Security advisor Rice seems to have already tipped her hand in support of TPLF in Abiys war.

Horn politics are fucked up. Farmaajo/Biixi are perfectly fine with Amharas/Oromos taking over DDS. Afwerki is happy with Amharas/Oromos crushing his own people, Tigrayans.

whoa whoa bro, we oromos do not want to harm our somali brazers in dds. if it were up to us, you guys would elect your own leaders but tbh onlf failed you guys, because it didnt' change its name to SNLF to represent all clans-marehan, ogaden, karanle/hawiye, dir/issa/ciise, all you guys together would be a strong force in ethiopia, and us oromos would be backing you for sure.
and yes afewerki is tigrayan but due to political beef he wants tplf gone and a puppet put in tigray- but to be fair, tplf tried to destroy him first, so what choice did afewerki have? not a fan of his, but if he had to pick between surviving or his enemies surviving, he's gonna pick himself, no?

AbdiGeedi

Trumps admin doesn't care but Obama's admin was close with TPLF from what I hear, and Bidens incoming National Security advisor Rice seems to have already tipped her hand in support of TPLF in Abiys war.
I am not convinced that "the principled leadership" Susan Rice is talking about will have enough punch. The US-Ethiopian relationship is already frayed. Is she ready to impose sanctions and start the collapse of Ethiopia? Most likely Biden will leave it be and let the thing play out its own course.

Susan Rice's becoming the US national security adviser is a good news for Somalis. The US support of the Tigray/TPLF (however minute it might be) will mean the Tigrayan identity separation from being Ethiopians will solidify. That will hopefully lead to the collapse of Ethiopia. Next Amharas and Oromos will be at each other's throats.

whoa whoa bro, we oromos do not want to harm our somali brazers in dds. if it were up to us, you guys would elect your own leaders but tbh onlf failed you guys, because it didnt' change its name to SNLF to represent all clans-marehan, ogaden, karanle/hawiye, dir/issa/ciise, all you guys together would be a strong force in ethiopia, and us oromos would be backing you for sure.
and yes afewerki is tigrayan but due to political beef he wants tplf gone and a puppet put in tigray- but to be fair, tplf tried to destroy him first, so what choice did afewerki have? not a fan of his, but if he had to pick between surviving or his enemies surviving, he's gonna pick himself, no?
Pathological liars who made 10000s homeless and killed.many innocent lives including my cousin you savages burnt him alive in his own homestead.

Oromos hate somalis more than they.hate xabashis.Somalis dont be fooled.

Pathological liars who made 10000s homeless and killed.many innocent lives including my cousin you savages burnt him alive in his own homestead.

Oromos hate somalis more than they.hate xabashis.Somalis dont be fooled.

Here you go blaming us all for what a few did, then you get mad if others treat somalis in the same way-double standards and hypocrisy indeed is what that is.
We do not hate Somalis, false indeed.

Aferwerki relies on his support base of the christian highlanders in eritrea, who are the majority in the army, and are the biggest ethnicity, to stay in power.
the muslim tigre, afar, saho, beni amir, former ELF members, etc, tend to mistrust afewerki, in fact, they were relived in 1998, in a way, because it divided the two christian/atheist miltant groups-tplf/eplf, who would have oppressed muslims.
No the biggrst opposiyionof Afaworki are his fellow christian highlenders.
The people that have saved him from coups are muslim Tigre.
His body guards are Saho.

I have seen a lot of Eritrean Tigrinya christians most of them hate Afaworki like the devil.

Here you go blaming us all for what a few did, then you get mad if others treat somalis in the same way-double standards and hypocrisy indeed is what that is.
Abba Sadacca I know your you are worse than Habasha the onlybteasonnyour kinds are humble is because Abye has turned against you hypocrites.
Many of the Qerro who killed innocent somis in Oromia got the same treatment from ENDF with interest accrued.
This is karma.

Abba Sadacca I know your you are worse than Habasha the onlybteasonnyour kinds are humble is because Abye has turned against you hypocrites.
Many of the Qerro who killed innocent somis in Oromia got the same treatment from ENDF with interest accrued.
This is karma.

there is no bad ethnic group, there's bad and good individuals-simple as that.
for example, you are an irrational, unjust, angry somali individual.
but i have met plenty of kind, respectful somalis in real life.
so i do not judge them all based on the ones i've met. i judge on an individual basis-which is what people who are TRYING to be fair, do.
and it's funny how you leave out the liyyu + somali crimes on oromo women and men, rape, murder, burning of homes, etc, went abated for a year before a FEW oromo's responded out of sheer anger and frustration.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I
understand everyone is different and I’m not saying yiu personally hate Somalis I’m just saying look at the boarders of somali inhabited lands before Ethiopia was a thing compared to now. A large chunk of bale, borana and guji zones where prt of the former province of liben and hararghe both east and west were almost entirely somali inhabited. The truth of the matter is oromos deeply expanded into us after the collapse of adal and a vast majority of hararghe and bale oromos are assimilated somalis. I’m not blaming you or any oromo I’m just saying be weary of what happened and don’t spread this “oromo-somali” brotherhood whilst attempting to hide the atrocities committed to us by the previous generation of oromos

there is no bad ethnic group, there's bad and good individuals-simple as that.
for example, you are an irrational, unjust, angry somali individual.
but i have met plenty of kind, respectful somalis in real life.
so i do not judge them all based on the ones i've met. i judge on an individual basis-which is what people who are TRYING to be fair, do.
and it's funny how you leave out the liyyu + somali crimes on oromo women and men, rape, murder, burning of homes, etc, went abated for a year before a FEW oromo's responded out of sheer anger and frustration.

Oromos make the bulk of ENDF and they have been part of the killing machine way before even Meles came to power.
You blame somalis on what Ilay an agent of TPLF in the region did with his militia funded by not somalis but Ethiopian govt, guess what yet support OPDO and Oromo liyu police that have been killing Oromos ever since they came to power.
What kind of logic are you trying to use here?
So you vent your anger on innocent somali civilians that have lived in oromia for 100s of years because of Ilay?Did you see those somalis giving out injera to somali liyu polis like how amhara women on the streets handing out injera to amhara liyu police on their way to Tigray border.
Why is it you defend Amhara racists who are flying their confedrerates flags and supporting abye to ethnic cleanse Tigrayans and claimming they are different from those tha lived in the era of Derg, Haile selasie and Menelik?
Why dont you put them in one group but you put all somalis in the same group as Abdi iley mind you no somali donated injera to Somali liyu police?
So I should celebrate with you when your cousins kill Somalis in clod blood because of Iley right?
You have the nerve to come here act like Dr Phil while you are nothing more than fake amhara wanabe gossiper.

Oromos make the bulk of ENDF and they have been part of the killing machine way before even Meles came to power.
You blame somalis on what Ilay an agent of TPLF in the region did with his militia funded by not somalis but Ethiopian govt, guess what yet support OPDO and Oromo liyu police that have been killing Oromos ever since they came to power.
What kind of logic are you trying to use here?
So you vent your anger on innocent somali civilians that have lived in oromia for 100s of years because of Ilay?Did you see those somalis giving out injera to somali liyu polis like how amhara women on the streets handing out injera to amhara liyu police on their way to Tigray border.
Why is it you defend Amhara racists who are flying their confedrerates flags and supporting abye to ethnic cleanse Tigrayans and claimming they are different from those tha lived in the era of Derg, Haile selasie and Menelik?
Why dont you put them in one group but you put all somalis in the same group as Abdi iley mind you no somali donated injera to Somali liyu police?
So I should celebrate with you when your cousins kill Somalis in clod blood because of Iley right?
You have the nerve to come here act like Dr Phil while you are nothing more than fake amhara wanabe gossiper.

Oromos are about a third of it, the amhara's another 35-40%, the rest are gurages, welayta, sidama, among others.
Also, they represent themselves, and the army, not the entire ethnicity they belong to.
I cannot believe I am telling a grown man basic facts that a kid could comprehend.
Wow!
Who said I am blaming Somalis? I am clearly blaming Iley and his somali militias, had they not willingly fought the oromo nation, to save the tplf-which failed mind you, there would not have been any conflicts between oromos and somalis.
abdi illey clearly did not care what he provoked or caused, as long as it served his tplf bosses.
and who said I am supporting those amhara's fighting, when did i say that? you are simply lying as usual.
i said, they are fighting because tplf took what they perceive to be amhara lands, and they also blame tplf for inciting other ethnic groups to kill amhara's throughout ethiopia, not to mention their historical rivalry.
i do not blame any ethnic group for the crimes or acts of individuals, rather, I BLAME THE INDIVIDUALS, FULL-STOP.

You do know you don’t have the power to annex a drop of somali land right.... I mean an attack that great on the Somali people will cause somaliland, Puntland, southwest state, HS, GM and jubaland state armies as well as Djibouti to militarily go to war with oromia on the basis of a war against somalis. Puntland alone has more than enough in military to completely demolish oromia keep your dreams to yourself

I am starting to think the ''Oromia'' guy is not an Oromo at all, and of course, some of our gullible somali brazers fall for it.

Oromo dismissing the power of amhara is something new to me, and ironically in my experience if amhara would've got nothing but only the mayor of addisababa while all the remaining political seats allocated to oromo I have a little doupt that all these oromo officials would bow to the amhara mayor. Now abiy is propaply ethnic oromo yet he killed around thousand of oromo mainly innocent youth and detained another thousands for nothing which lead oromo to keep protesting all around the world till today so you better think again.View attachment 153844View attachment 153846This is today in Hararge and another Oromolivesmatter episode.

Those in power will kill and oppress whoever is in their way, doesn't matter if it's an ethnic oromo or not; the same way farmajo would do for his power, even if it was a fellow marehan.

AbdiGeedi

It seems like ONFL and DDS Somalis in general have found their sweet spot in the slaughterhouse and think the death is not upon them. Fools. I like the SNLF idea.

I believe the best thing for the Horn's future is to have DDS and Somalia united, Tigray and Eritrea united, Oromia and Amhara become their own countries. Ethiopia is not sustainable without the use of force to suppress ethnic rivalries. Amharas and Oromos are closely matched in numbers, Tigrayans and Somalis have populations big enough to mount long-term resistance. No one ethnic group can absolutely dominate others in Ethiopia. Add to it the profound poverty of all of them and you have what we have today.

There is no way out of this vicious cycle apart from separating along the ethnic lines and forming new countries where international law can be applied to have peaceful neighborly relationships like among many Bantu countries in the South.

It seems like ONFL and DDS Somalis in general have found their sweet spot in the slaughterhouse and think the death is not upon them. Fools. I like the SNLF idea.

I believe the best thing for the Horn's future is to have DDS and Somalia united, Tigray and Eritrea united, Oromia and Amhara become their own countries. Ethiopia is not sustainable without the use of force to suppress ethnic rivalries. Amharas and Oromos are closely matched in numbers, Tigrayans and Somalis have populations big enough to mount long-term resistance. No one ethnic group can absolutely dominate others in Ethiopia. Add to it the profound poverty of all of them and you have what we have today.

There is no way out of this vicious cycle apart from separating along the ethnic lines and forming new countries where international law can be applied to have peaceful neighborly relationships like among many Bantu countries in the South.
That would be better if implemented but its the western imperialists that would strongly rejected it. They wanna us to live as they designed 100 years ago so that we have to fight over freedom, power sharing and the likes every now and then instead of thinking about development.

As for ethiopia, I think its doomed and on the verge of becoming another war torn country, even if tigray lost this war, the showdown will just shift to Amhara-oromo which will never go along well with eachother cuz of all the hatred and the paranoid attitude toward eachother and more importantly the land related conflicts especially Addisababa.
But the only way that erhiopia can be balkanized is through strong Oromo movement of Independence which is unlikely, but if oromo remains silent westerners will just have to support who ever in charge of the state as usual to prevent the collapse of the state.

Trending

Latest posts